Need help with huawei g510 after successful root

Guest ozviewer

Guest ozviewer

I wanted to rid the Australian Optus bloatware from this device, and I ended up being able to get it unlocked, and it now can go to any carrier.

I also wanted to free up some internal space and use an external 32gb card, and found that a root was required.

After a lot of reading I found a link to a program called Kingo ROOT that I was able to d/l to my windows pc and connect it up to the Huawei. It successfully did the job, but there was a problem in that it did not do the whole job...failing by not having SuperSu installed at the end. Within the FAQ, I found a section with this info.....
FAQ#8. Root succeed with no SuperSU installed after reboot?
Two causes may be:
There is some additional protection on your device. (Occurs often on carrier-specific models like AT&T, or Manufacturers like HUAWEI)
Something goes wrong with SuperSU embedded in Kingo.
There is no easy fix on the first cause. As to the second, please try and manually install SuperSU or Superuser application from Google Play.

I did the latter, but SuperSU sits there and never installs...stuck on installing.
I also looked at a similar one called SuperUser...that was useless, showed no apps etc.

To try something else, I went to Link2SD, but it asked about partitions. I then worked out how to load up MiniPartition, and set one up using FAT32 on the 32gb card.

Within Link2SD I can "see" the internal storage(13% free,152mb free),SD Card (96% free,1.02Gb free),External SD (99% free,28.67Gb free), and then SD Card 2nd Part(99% free,1.01Gb free),System (26% Free), Cache (97% Free).In settings, the only thing I have enabled is the Auto Link settings. If I click on any app individually, there appears to be no option to move it anywhere.I can see that 5 apps appear as moveable if I click another menu, but I thought I would be able to move more?

I also d/l Root checker basic, and it reports that root access is properly installed.

I have set the default storage to sdcard.

When I try to d/l Facebook, as an example, I get met with the message "There is insufficient space on the device".

What is the basic thing I appear to be doing wrong please?

If so, can anyone move this old man along a bit to be more successful?

Guest CreasingMass

I wanted to rid the Australian Optus bloatware from this device, and I ended up being able to get it unlocked, and it now can go to any carrier.

I also wanted to free up some internal space and use an external 32gb card, and found that a root was required.

After a lot of reading I found a link to a program called Kingo ROOT that I was able to d/l to my windows pc and connect it up to the Huawei. It successfully did the job, but there was a problem in that it did not do the whole job...failing by not having SuperSu installed at the end. Within the FAQ, I found a section with this info.....

FAQ#8. Root succeed with no SuperSU installed after reboot?

Two causes may be:

There is some additional protection on your device. (Occurs often on carrier-specific models like AT&T, or Manufacturers like HUAWEI)

Something goes wrong with SuperSU embedded in Kingo.

There is no easy fix on the first cause. As to the second, please try and manually install SuperSU or Superuser application from Google Play.

I did the latter, but SuperSU sits there and never installs...stuck on installing.

I also looked at a similar one called SuperUser...that was useless, showed no apps etc.

To try something else, I went to Link2SD, but it asked about partitions. I then worked out how to load up MiniPartition, and set one up using FAT32 on the 32gb card.

Within Link2SD I can "see" the internal storage(13% free,152mb free),SD Card (96% free,1.02Gb free),External SD (99% free,28.67Gb free), and then SD Card 2nd Part(99% free,1.01Gb free),System (26% Free), Cache (97% Free).In settings, the only thing I have enabled is the Auto Link settings. If I click on any app individually, there appears to be no option to move it anywhere.I can see that 5 apps appear as moveable if I click another menu, but I thought I would be able to move more?

I also d/l Root checker basic, and it reports that root access is properly installed.

I have set the default storage to sdcard.

When I try to d/l Facebook, as an example, I get met with the message "There is insufficient space on the device".

What is the basic thing I appear to be doing wrong please?

If so, can anyone move this old man along a bit to be more successful?

i don't want to be mean but, are ppl still using this s*** device in 2015? goddamn

Guest ozviewer

I played again today.

For reasons unknown, SuperSu installed this time.

I also found this thread

http://androidforums.com/threads/solved-please-help-insufficient-storage-space-error-after-root.670769/

Seemed to be my same problem.

It does not matter if I select automatic or external, I still get the insufficient space notification.

Please...any help appreciated.

Thanks...

Guest ozviewer

Gosh...this is getting to my head.

I now have SuperSu telling me that there is no SU binary installed, and SuperSu cannot install it. This is a problem

When I press ok, the app closes.

Link2sd still working

Root Checker Basic says Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device

Looks like I need to undo the root and run it again?

edit: Root reinstalled, Root Checker says successful.

I just still need to solve setting up the sdcard problem

Edited by ozviewer

Guest killadroid

why don't you use the tutorial on tumblr to root this phone & also unlock bootloader it's very simple.about apps to SD you can use an int2ext script that link2sd is garbage

you also have to partition your sdcard using twrp recovery.try mounts2sd app instead of link2sd to move the appscto sdext

Edited by killadroid

Guest ozviewer

Thank you for the reply.

I am only new to "rooting" so knowing link2sd was garbage was not known...I got to use the one's I did from forums like this, thinking I was doing the right thing?

I did already do the partition to the sdcard via MiniPartition

I never had tumblr before, but joined.

I looked up "huawei g510" in the search panel, but the only reference I see with rooting, is one in another language.

Follow

I would appreciate a link to the one you mention, if at all possible...in the meantime, I will keep looking.

Thanks.

Edited by ozviewer

Guest ozviewer

Thank you...

My phone has already been unlocked via a code...does this mean I can ignore Step1 and Step 2?

Thanks..

Guest killadroid

oh you can just ignore that then,you can flash twrp if you want to flash roms.try mounts2sd app on play store which ROM are you using?

Edited by killadroid

Guest ozviewer

Thank you again...

This is all not going good..

One moment the root says it is working, the next not. Sometimes SuperSu works, sometimes not...same for mount2sd and Link2SD.

I have just deleted all the apps, bar Root Checker Basic, which still reports that the Root Access is properly installed.

The mobile reports it is android 4.1.1...how can I tell you which rom, as it does not display anything but Status, Legal,Model No. Android Version,Emotion UI, Kernel Version, Build number?

Sorry about my lack of expertize.

Guest killadroid

oh that's stock rom(ROM that comes with the phone) I would advice you to unroot it then try the method above to root it again.are you sure you have unlocked the bootloader? coz kingoroot can't do that.u can unroot in the SuperSU settings.I'll show u a int2ext script which requires init.d support so you require a custom ROM.don't worry you'll get a hang of this it seems like Greek now but you'll understand

Guest ozviewer

oh that's stock rom(ROM that comes with the phone) I would advice you to unroot it then try the method above to root it again.are you sure you have unlocked the bootloader? coz kingoroot can't do that.u can unroot in the SuperSU settings.I'll show u a int2ext script which requires init.d support so you require a custom ROM.don't worry you'll get a hang of this it seems like Greek now but you'll understand

I unlocked the phone with a code from the net last week. This allowed me to use another carriers sim once I inserted the code.

This is a shot saying root ok

http://tpnotallowed.com/r/6swgn7/8

6swgn7.jpg

Guest killadroid

I unlocked the phone with a code from the net last week. This allowed me to use another carriers sim once I inserted the code.

This is a shot saying root ok

http://tpnotallowed.com/r/6swgn7/8

6swgn7.jpg

Oh that's unlocking the phone to use other sim cards but bootloader is a different thing to allow you to flash a recovery & custom ROMs.if root is ok then u should use root apps without any problem

Guest killadroid

U can try to download an app called universal init.d so you can flash this script forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716124

Guest killadroid

Try to root it using the link I gave you coz you need a recovery to flash that script.it's really good,it changes internal memory to the sdext size even if it's 8gb partition it will show 8gb internal.any question just ask

Guest ozviewer

I found the app on the play store and installed it.

I ran the test it asks on the opening page, and the result was "Your kernel does not have init.d support"

I went to the page on xda. you linked me to, but don't know which script to select, or even what to do.

SORRY...

Edited by ozviewer

Guest ozviewer

In regards to the tumblr tutorial (http://huawei-y300.tumblr.com/post/47366836617/how-to-unlock-and-root-huawei-ascend-y300-all), I reinstalled superSU, and it is running freely, installed ok, and icon and everything ok. Not sure what to do with it yet though.Root Checker says root ok as well.

Have I done it?

When I look on phone storage it is set to SD card...only other option is Internal Storage.

I have a 32 GB micro card inserted and phone reports SD card with 28.68GB Total Space

Internal space reports 2.16GB Total Space

Available 1.14GB total,129MB for applications

What now, if all looks correct, do I go about removing all the Optus apps etc that I don't want? Do I need to back anything up in case of a muck up after uninstalling them, and how do I go about that process?

Thanks for the help.

Guest killadroid

OK now am confused what's the size of partition you made on the sdcard? & did you unlock bootloader successfully? It seems you've rooted successfully but the universal init.d app should give u init.d support if properly rooted.a custom ROM would be so much easier coz stock is limited

Guest ozviewer

OK now am confused what's the size of partition you made on the sdcard? & did you unlock bootloader successfully? It seems you've rooted successfully but the universal init.d app should give u init.d support if properly rooted.a custom ROM would be so much easier coz stock is limited

I used minitool partition wizard 9 (for windows). I followed tutorial and set one section(unallocated space after to about 1.3gb, and the partition space to the rest, hence the numbers showing in Titanium Backup.

I have absolutley no problems with d/l apps now, and no space warnings.

Doing some reading, I also saw reference to an app called NoBloat Free and installed that as it said it too was good for getting rid of provider bloatware. That app seems to want to allow me to remove and backup the apps, and bring them back if problems occur.

Universal init.d is still reporting it does not have support

Edited by ozviewer