Hey Paul, how come there arent any advertisments?

Guest Myke

Sure banner ads are ugly, but if you were able to work some small advertisements into the design, companies pay well to advertise in popular forums. Personally I think you deserve something back for keepin this great board up. I dont think anyone would object to that! And if for some reason you didnt want to pocket the cash, you could always donate it to application signing or some cause to benefit the comunity thumbs-up.gif

think about it!

Deserve? How about a fancy new SPVx and trips to Richmond.. Don't take me wrong, I'm glad (never know how to put it) for the guy [or] for you Paul! :) Anyways I'm glad this works for you(him) coz it works for all of us!

Guest Paul [MVP]

The Speedway Jam ad wasn't irritating was it?

I have a few parties interested in sponsoring the site...

At the end of the day, all goodies from MS aside, the site costs me money to run...

P

Guest paulmottley

Well, I am launching my own Isp service soon and could do with some people to test out how quick it is. I might even look at some kind of advertising package or incentives for the forum. This site has always been a great resource for me and helped me solve bugs with the phone.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Heheh, at Loughborough they had to totally lock down the Student Halls network. Try downloading _anything_ on any speed line when you have several thousand users all at once :)

[bleh-- sorry awarner ;p)

Guest HelloDave

You're lucky - our halls didn't even have broadband, and becuase it was a weird internal phone system it was AOL or nothing! ;) Thank god i've got ADSL now :)

Guest paulmottley

I will have a pay as you go + broadband. No contention though, which means it won't slow down at busy times.

It would be nice to have a few people try out the 0845 service before I go fully live with advertising( if I want to say it's fast, I want to make sure).

I've had a 25% increase with it so far but only tested once.

Guest phoenix

I think for providing such a valuable resource the administrators should put ads on the site.

"It's all about the benjamins"

those of us with ADSL makes F.A difference

and you plebs with 56 K well, bad luck :)