PocketDivx ALPHA04

Guest malloc

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

If i get time i'll zip all the files on my site (address in my sig) for download. Not everyone has winrar and some browsers open .cab's instead of asking to download :/

Guest theodotcom

I've installed the divx player and downloaded a sample video file and the quality is AMAZING! However i tried to do my own conversion, i tried to convert a video trailer, but for some reason its really jerky, i had divx 5.03 and put back 5.02, ive searched the forum but didnt get much help can anyone help using virtualdub?

thanks

Guest alkis_y3k

Wow, it plays very nice... :)

It only has 10fps and its so smooth. Nice, thanks, it works. Where can I find some southpark ones? I would love to watch them on my way to my university

Guest neilfenstein

Sorry if this annoying and i sound like a din, but normally i have follwed the 18 step wmp guide and know very little about encoding video.

My problem is that i dont understand what to do about encoding files that are already divx encoded. I have a few southparks from a p2p and i think they are divx encoded avi's but are probably the wrong size and compression, how can i rectify this?

cheers!!!

Guest MasterBlaster-UK-

I have got some simpsons AVIs from WinMX but they are all a little on the BIG side, is there any way i can.... like ZIP them down ??? at the mo they are at 50Mb !!!!!

Guest MasterBlaster-UK-

Crap... now they wont play and i am gettin a " Failed to load file, please check available memory" ..I am messin with a 24Mb clip at mo on a 32Mb card , can anyone help

Guest spacemonkey

Zipping won't have much effect on file size. The only way to really make them smaller is to re-encode them at a lower rate. This will also lower the quality.

Guest spacemonkey

Trading episodes of copyrighted material (such as the simpsons) is of dubious legallity and is not the purpose of this forum. At the moment I suggest you read up on the matter and learn about this stuff yourself.

It seems you have already "sourced" this material yourself, I of course assume that when you say winmx you mean that you legitametely own the DVDs of simpsons episodes and under fair use laws have encoded them to divx for personal use :)

I sent you a PM with some info about re-encoding them and there are already some other posts on this topic on this board. However Modaco is a forum for discussing SPV topics. While it's valid for a rough guide and discussing best settings for SPV, it's not really the place to learn about the large and complicated world of video encoding. Search on the web, there is a lot of information out there.