Smart OS skin

Guest Jay-z2k

Guest Richie M
n sorry 4 being so slow!

No worries m8, you aint slow - this stuff isnt that obvious really, and i'm no expert - still learning :?

Ha, The Gap at the top of the second screen is part of the gap from the 1st screen :shock:

I've been messing about with this Skin cos it's my favourite but it gets very complicated.

Try not to think of them as seperate screens, its one big screen, you just can only see part of it at a time.

Maybe once Tas post his version it may be clearer, or if i ever get round to finishing my version.

Keep trying, you'll get there, look at the code and you will have a "Eureka" moment and it will all be clear (happend to me anyway :) )

Guest Richie M

Jeeves i've got it ;)

The 3rd plug-in reads;

If you reduce the Height by 20 (so height="120") this will bring the "Cell" Provider and Date into view on the "1st screen" so when you page down there wont be a gap at the top, it will be at the bottom :)

Guest vadonald
this is a really sweet skin!! unfortunatly i had to take it off my phone because it slowed things down = (

Yeah - seems to slow my phone down too - will just have to look at the XML and see if it can be tweaked ???

Vince

hi, I really wanted this skin for my smartphone. I was going to e-mail myself the file, download then execute it with allExplorer. But Hotmail tells me it can't send the file because its detected a virus. I'm sure this isn't the case. hotmail must be getting confused. anyone else had this?

Guest Maverick

I have modified the skin too... Put 2 lines for the Calendar and made the MRU icons smaller..

This is the best skin of all .... So far!!

Guest Jay-z2k

There is NO VIRUSES in my hme files ! Someone already told me this at smartphony. I used all softwares known to check and sent it compressed and uncompressed to my society to pass the server highly equiped. NOTHING was detected.

Guest Fuchikoma

For the love of god, post those improvements of this skin. I'd love to have smaller icons and two lines for the calendar. Unfortunately, I haven't got the time to delve into the xml setup and to fidget the images to fit the resize, so I implore you, adventurous souls, to post the results of your brilliant work!

On my knees,

Fuchikoma

Guest midnight

erm, actually .hme is a virus....

Human Monocytic Ehrlichiosis (HME) is a rare infectious disease belonging to a group of diseases known as the Human Ehrlichioses. These diseases are caused by bacteria belonging to the "Ehrlichia" family. Several forms of Human Ehrlichioses have been identified, including Human Monocytic Ehrlichiosis, Sennetsu Fever, and Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis. Though caused by different strains of Ehrlichia bacteria, the disorders are characterized by similar symptoms.

maybe hotmail got confused between reality and virtuality :)

Guest drblow
For the love of god, post those improvements of this skin. I'd love to have smaller icons and two lines for the calendar. Unfortunately, I haven't got the time to delve into the xml setup and to fidget the images to fit the resize, so I implore you, adventurous souls, to post the results of your brilliant work!

On my knees,

Fuchikoma

I AGREE!!!

Loads of talk about these great tweeks to skins, and no show with the DL!

Lets 'ave 'em!

Guest Richie M

Calm down guys, it's upto Jay to allow modifications to his work to be posted.

Jay produces the best skins IMHO & I look forward to his latest creations, i'd rather him work on new ones than spend his time modding existing ones, but if he says people can post their versions great - but he hasnt as yet - therefore, outta respect, people wont post 'em.

Guest Richie M
Any1 can help me tell how to install a picture from "my picture" as a wallpaper??

Yeah, just move it from "my pictures" to IPSMApplication DataHome and then you can select it in Home Screen settings (Background Image) :)

• 4 months later...
Guest eswjohn

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, byt when i was using this skin my phone kept going back to the home screen when i was in the middle of something. Especially when i was on games. Great skin and if it wasn't for this i think i'd have it on 24/7.

• 3 weeks later...

Not bad attempt for an original skin. I tried it for a few days and quite liked it.

We personally found it necessary to edit AFIU colours and some of the set sizes to get it usable. Main problem as several others seem to have found is being forced to limit calander and appointment lenghts else WS/F occurs.

Needed to change to lighter colour like Bill did too as the difference in set active fonts seems to be too minimal for quick veiwing.

(9/10)

This will be the best skin for spv tan/E100 once its finished off. And I bet I speak for a lot who who have tried it.

Guest Tomas Kocanda

Great skin. Can anybody do this modification?

- change text colors to be much darker? I almost cannot read it on my e100, not to mention how bad is visible any text in compare with black menu items. Dark gray will be fine, black even better

- why is there that empty first screen? Nice, but practically I will need just the second page with top 'status" bar from the first screen (signal, GPRS icon etc). Is possible to make it in one screen?

Guest milliard

@Jay-z2k -- can you teach me how to do this sort of skin? hahaha i would like to make my own and post it here..i dont know how to make one sadly...