Updated bootloader - USBTerm instructions

Guest HelloDave

Guest retallick

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

A backup copies images onto an SD. It does nothing to the phone.

If you do a restore it copies the images back to the phone.

What do you mean when you say "the Full Backup will de-grade my phone"

The phone will be in the same state when you do a full restore as it was when you did the full backup.

I think I am missing the point of your question, can anybody help me understand? I'd like to help.

Guest Richie M
Sorry, I don't understand the question.

A backup copies images onto an SD. It does nothing to the phone.

If you do a restore it copies the images back to the phone.

What do you mean when you say "the Full Backup will de-grade my phone"

The phone will be in the same state when you do a full restore as it was when you did the full backup.  

I think I am missing the point of your question, can anybody help me understand? I'd like to be help.

What Geovass means is, if he restores a Full Backup will it remove the up-date? - i don't think it will but then again i dont know whats included in a Full Backup - never done, not sure what WIN CE part deals with :?:

Guest geovass

Sorry !

My english was terrible !

I am realy tierd !!!!!

Yes, i mean what Richie M has described !

If i restore Full Backup will then loose the upgrade ?

:) ;)

Guest retallick

Ah! I think I know what you mean now. If you do a full backup, then upgrade, then a full restore you will loose the upgrade.

What you need to do is Full Backup, then upgrade, then restore the 0.93 bootloader, then Full Backup again.

Then if you do a full restore, you are restoring images that contain the bootloader you want and the upgrade. :)

Don't be embarrassed about your English, I have no second language at all, I'm embarrassed!

Guest geovass

Hm....

Yes but FULL BACKUP includes the bootloader Version doesnt it ?

Here is what i think.

Back up my IPSM.

Backup Bootloader v0.93

Upgrade my SPV :(

Restore my Bootloader (v0.93)

Restore my IPSM...

What do you think ?

I'll give you Greek Language Lessons !!! :) ;) :D :(

Guest retallick
Yes but FULL BACKUP includes the bootloader Version doesnt it ?

That's what I said :) . You need to do a full backup after you have the 0.93 bootloader installed on your upgraded phone. Then any full restores will restore the 0.93 bootloader and the IPSM and will not undo the upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest caio1

But what about the options of XIP UPDATE?

---------- XIP Update ----------

100: SMARTFON --> CARD

101: OPERATOR --> CARD

102: CHAIN --> CARD

103: OEM --> CARD

104: LANG --> CARD

105: CARD --> SMARTFON

106: CARD --> OPERATOR

107: CARD --> CHAIN

108: CARD --> OEM

109: CARD --> LANG

Anyone tried them? I think that OEM xip is the one you need to modify to decert your phone... if it could be possible to replace via bootmenu you won't need to do a hard reset!!!

Anyone tried?

Thank you.

Caio

Guest NickB&SPV

Has anyone got USBTerm to work on Windows 98? I used a lap-top with Windows XP and that was fine. Tried to do the same on 98 but cursor just hangs. Followed all instructions. Had the same problem with USB Modem. :?

Geovass

If you backup IPSM & Bootloader .93 > Upgrade > Restore IPSM & Bootloader then you loose all the new improved settings in the updated registry which is stored in IPSM.

What I did was:

- Full Backup (just in case)

- Orange BACKUP!!

* Now you're safe

- Update

- Restore BOOTLOADER (via Usbterm)

* Now you're updated with a working bootloader. IPSM will be updated, but your data and programs should stay...

Though I would suggest you do a Hard reset just before the update. Like Windows - Clean Install... Always better then an upgrade on top of already used OS...

PS: 0-7 options do NOT appear if you boot into bootloader without an SD card in.

PSS: Bootloader 0.93 I think was included in DK update 1?

Guest darrelle

Hi,

Can someone just clarify the exact procedure for this, there are a number of articles on how to do it and seem to be 2 different ways to revert the bootloader to 0.93.

I have an SD card reader set up and have gone through all the French stuff but still having a problem. I have written the BOOT-093.whx file to my SD card with WINHEX (full version, following the instructions posted on this forum), I do get a warning about the file size but I assume this is becasue my SD card is 128MB, I now have a problem of getting this onto the phone, if I boot my phone with card in and go to the menu I still have all options blank except the last one which is "Erase IPSM" etc.

Also from what I can make out you can transfer the files using USB Term but how do you get the PBOOT file in the required format onto the SD card first to use this method?

Am I missing something obvious?

Any help greatly appreciated - going mad here!!!!

Darrell

You just load USBTERM following instructions on how to do that. Then with the SD card (with boot .93) in the phone type QFS x where x is the function to restore CARD > BOOT. Now wait for it to finish and voila! That's it. If it takes longer than 10 minutes - then it's (a usbterm bug and) now safe to disconnect and restart - should be fine.

• 3 months later...
Guest virgil
You can download a zip with three different bootloaders, 0.91, 0.93 and 0.98 here ZIP or you can take me up on my offer earlier in this thread.

could you paste ZIP file again --i seem to have difficulty downloading the zip file.

thanks

Guest virgil

Wow !! Thanx retallick !!

Another question now...

What are the main diffrenses between versions ? I Know that with http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 you CANT have a backup, and you need USBTerm.exe

Last and very critical question !

How do I install one ? (i have http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98, so i will prob install http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.93) ??? :)

hey man do you have a copy of this bootloader?

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest BlairWright

I am at my wits end, i am trying to backup a UK Orange E-100.

When i try the WINCE or IPSM it seems to copy but hangs on 'waiting for check'. I have tried leaving it for over an hour but it is definitely hung. Anyone had this issue and got through it?

Cheers,

Blair.

• 9 months later...
Guest _mestre_

I have my phone whith 1.09 canary and dead. don´t turns on!!! I have to downgrade to a lower version, so I can write a qtek or a imate rom!! I have bootloader 0.93. I have loaded in winhex and put into sd 16mb card!!

but there´s a problem. whith usb term when I tipe qfs 1, to restore bootloader it says there is not suported!!! I tipe qfs ? and only shows me 3comands:

qfs 10 Format card

qfs 11 bootloader+ce+gsm --> Card

qfs 12 Card --> bootloader+ce+gsm

So I need a Full backup os a working phone. but I Don´t know anyone whith this phone!!! Can someone make a qfs 11 for me and whith winhex save the memory and send me the file, so I can restore the phone!!! Please!!! Or any other sugestions!!

Guest poofy

guys, i have a bootloader 1.07 and a eurotel rom, do i need to have to downgrade it to .98 to change my rom to a qtek rom? if yes, then where can i get a winhex 10.9? coz all the winhex available in the net is in winhex 11.6 which i read cant transfer the bootloader to the sd card... i cant look for a person with a .98 coz my hometown, few people are using the tanager and i think all of them are using a higher rom than mine... thanks.