Battery life no improvement

Guest xanadu

Guest smartman

did french/uk update on mine, been off charge now for around 26 hrs and still got three bars around 50-75 % with reasonable use of phone like at local club last nite showing mates video clps, music etc.. made couple of phone calls, internet for footy results etc etc.. so definately a whopping improvement like most, would be charging every 24hrs or less normally

Ditto same here, I'm on same charge since Tuesday morn and was down to 1 bar power this morning but was 38% power according to SPTask. so rekon it could go up until just after lunchtime being stuck in the cradle with no charger attached, we shall see.

Signal is now worthwhile, I couldn't do jack in my living room with phone cause sig was so shite, now I have 2 bars and can make voice/data calls no prob, lovely clear line as my chinese takaway found lastnight :)

Guest ClintEastman

I think you will probably find the of the efficacy of the CPU idling (among other things) has been sorted in the update. Thus longer standby, but of course if you are straining the phone (playing games, listening to music and such) the power drain is the same.

That’s ok by me; they can’t work miracles you know! :wink:

I've not charged my phone since Monday afternoon/evening. I havent turned it off at all, so it's been on all thru the night(s). I've played games, browsed the net, listened to music, and made a few calls. It's now 16:38 on Thursday, and I've still got 25% battery left. Improvement? HELL YEAH! :)

On a side note, I've been wondering to myself........I wonder what the update rectified on the battery life side of things..... Did it improve the phone's efficiency thus drawing less power, or did it just change the battery life meter, improving it's accuracy, like the signal strength meter?.........why is the sky blue.........why do people press the remote button harder when it just needs new batteries.........why do Pringles have a re-sealable lid if 'once you pop u cant stop'...........ARGGGHH so many questions!!! ;)

I wonder what the update rectified on the battery life side of things.....
It changed it to a logarithmic scale, as with the signal strength (not supported by experimental evidence, it does seem to have made a difference to battery life and signal strength)

why is the sky blue.........

Rayleigh scattering (aka Tyndall effect)

why do people press the remote button harder when it just needs new batteries.........
Because we all are very lazy people and can't be arsed replacing the batteries. Pressing it harder certainly makes a difference, probably cause we direct it more accurately and closer to the IR diode

why do Pringles have a re-sealable lid if 'once you pop u cant stop'...........

they're so delicious I know. But sometimes someone can't eat an integer multiple of cans. My limit is 4.5

ARGGGHH so many questions!!! :)

The most profound aspect of physical sciences.

My backlight doesn't come on when you have either device lock or key pad lock. The only time it does come on is if you press the left hand soft key which lights up the screen so you can see what to type. Other than that the other keys dont do anything.

Battery life for my SPV has increased by a huge amount! I have been a 'good girl' and discharged my battery each time before charging it up and now it lasts for about 5-6 days without charging....I don't really talk alot on it but I do use alot of GPRS and SMS, IM and MMS which all use alot of energy up but I can say that the software update for the SPV has increased the battery life by alot. It's now alot more useable now.

Guest Shire29

yep I've noticed a gradual improvement in battery life. Wasn't obvious at first, but In defiately have had an improvement.

It was fully charged up this morning I've played about 90 mins of mp3, a few calls and 15 mins of internet usage and I still got 3 bars.

I reckon I could go 3 days on standby (turned off at night of course) if I didn't use it for nout else.

I believe it is due in main to the back screensaver kicking in when it's in lock mode, it only comes on for me with left soft key press.

Good job with the update, as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers, Shire

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hmshah

hi, ive noticed an improvement since ive had the new update installed, the battery lifes definitely seems better, as previously i had to charge it almost every day.

Guest simon11

I bought an SPV in january and took it back after 7 days. The battery life was useless. Less than a day. I waited until the UK update and went out and bought another £30.00 cheaper. The battery life is much improved due to the light not being on all the time in my pocket. Three bars at the end of a normal day. Great!! Much improved phone.

;) :)

• 6 months later...
Guest Darkaeden

hi, but what upgrade did you do???? i made a 1.50 orange swiss upgrade from my 1.36 french orange one and no hard reset....but i found no battery improvement...so what upgrade i could do?

Guest adamos168

yeah.. i also wanted to know if wat update did u guys used? coz i had my spv updated to qteck 1.50.9.1.

are you guys talking bout this update or another one?

Looking at the date of the origional posts i would guess that they are talking about the origional UK1 update (to 1.3.5.6). If you are both running 1.5 updates i would think that you would have better battery performance. I think that the current "favourite" update doing the rounds (well for english t9 anyway) is the iMate 1.50.8.6. Hope this helps!

8)

Guest Darkaeden

Ok, but does it works with my orange spv? My spv was first with ferench 1.36 orange rom, now ive upadated it with orange 1.50 siss rom....now can i upgrade to imate 1.50? Does it be better than the 1.50 swiss rom orange update?

I am using the Imate 1.5 update with English T9 on my UK SPV.

It is the best version so far and I have tried them all.

If you want to upgrade back to the UK firmware you will need to do a full backup to SD card using USBterm before you upgrade to Imate.

To upgrade to imate you need to have SPV on bootloader screen in cradle.

http://www.imate.com/imate/imate_english.asp