Hundreds of Legal Roms for GnuBoy, SmartNes and SmartVCS

Guest bobroberts

Guest bobroberts

An old fave site of mine when i first got a PC

http://www.vg-network.com/

hundreds of legal, public domain ROMS for Gameboy, NES & Atari 2600

Ok some might be rubbish but try getting this many games for your P800

Should keep you all amused for a while

Never mind the illegally obtained copy of Mario Tennis obtain via some dodgy place...

try this instead

easy now

ps Sorry if this link has been posted before but post update many of us have decerted and may find this useful...

Guest Zorglub

uh? is this flamebait? The same emulators that have been ported to the Smartphone have already been ported to the P800. Yesterday I was playing with Mame on the P800 and several roms from calsic games from Pacman to 1942 (one of my all time arcade favourites).

Guest spacemonkey

At the end of the day I don't see much genuine conflict between the 2 devices, they are both quite different styles and thereby suit different users.

Previously we had PDA's some of which had cellphone attachments and cellphones. Now we have 2 convergent devices, the P800 which leans more in the direction of a PDA (stylus, bigger, no T9) or the SPV which leans more in the direction of a cellphone.

So it's personal preference. As to software available on each, P800 being based on Symbian and having J2ME has a reasonable base of existing software available off the mark. Smartphone OS is new so even though porting from pocket pc is "relatively" easy, we have no base of software. Additionally Oranges choice to lock the OS with certification has hampered the growth of software.

As long as any purchaser is aware of the differences in design paradigm and current software availability, then there is no issue. Buy the phone that suits you best. And remember it's a phone, you'll buy a new one next year :)

Guest adrianfox

What is the speed of the P800 like? Does mame run at a reasonable speed? Is there sound?

I can't imagine the SPV being able to get a decent framerate for MAME. I ported the VCS emulator and even that doesn't run at decent speed.