Microsoft / MoDaCo Event - Please Register!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I doubt there will be many "noticeable" changes to SP2k3. It's mostly integration with MS.NET to allow stupidly easy development for the SP (and every other) platform.

Also just remember how sluggish 2k2 is on the SPV, imagine the next gen running like that, or worse...as i keep saying, Smartphone os ~really~ benefits from the extra processing power (mitac/intel)...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Nope, its just a reference design by Intel to say "look we can do xscale cpu's in smartphones..."

There will be more to come though no doubt.

The event was indeed GREAT!!! Apart from freebies and raffles (and not winning the Tanager) and also apart from beer&pizza (wish I had some now...) it was interesting&useful to meet ppl and exchange some ideas/info with O, MS, and o'course the MoDaCo Co!

Great organisation by MS (and P o'course). Good to chat to MS ppl, most of them being friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and just nice lads to talk to. The O guy - didn't have a chance to spk to him. Even beer and pizza were in abundance... still loads left. Good Monday stock for MS workers :lol:

DAT Group - Good to meet you Soyale and thanks a lot for freebies. [please make it a 64MB next time, lol]

Florin (contravercially to what you might think) - is a good lad and knows his s***! Very well I would say.. He actually managed to help me (and others) out with a few things on the phone - and it only took him a sec to do.. Expect some great thingsfrom him in the [hopefuly near] future!

And finally and most importantly.. Paul - thanks mate, very well done. I take off my hat.

Sorry guys, I was in a bit of a rush (should've left like 4ish actually), so couldn't have that beer with you after the event.. Shame really. Hope you had fun though!! Bring on the next meet!!

PS: Apparently it is pronounced [MODEIKO] - my rubbish usage of phonetics - [DEI] as in DATA [DEITA]... But that's one thing I would argue with P!! ;) For those who don't know MoDaCo stands for Mobile Data Consultancy.

PSS: Unsurprisingly - NOONE looked/was like you'd imagine, twas good meeting everyone - beleive me, we have some good people working for you to get this [thing] better. Good to meet all of you guys.

...and for those of you who didn't make it - :( Seriously though it was impressive (pizza especially /before it got cold, hehe) and I hope you make it next time!

...and for those who thought it would be rubbish - wrong! And no, it wasn't full of geeks, and food was fresh and beer was Stella, Becks and... I'm just gonna stop here.

Guest Firaas
PS: Apparently it is pronounced [MODEIKO]- my rubbish usage of phonetics - [DEI] as in DATA [DEITA]... But that's one thing I would argue with P!! :lol: For those who don't know MoDaCo stands for Mobile Data Consultancy.

Yeah - Moe-Day-Co

I still prefer Moh-Dah-Co :? (Rhymes with Monaco)

Guest spacemonkey

Yeah, I go for Moh-Dar-Co, but I'm from new zealand and apparently we pronounce data as darta rather than dayta...

I'm also sad I couldn't stick around for a few bevvys after the event, unfortunately I had a load of rellies in town who I had to go catch up with :lol:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I've always said Mo-Duh-Co, but thats me....

Playdoh: That press release seems to say Winstron will be creating a range of devices ~based~ on the Intel/MS archetecture. That's not to say that the Intel reference model will be produced, more along the lines of the guts of it can now be used in different models.

The MS bloke who had the Intel handset yesterday seemed fairly sure that it was not going to go into production...(Intel arent handset manufacturers....)