Fear the wrath of Monolithix

Guest amo

Is it me or has Monolithix gone on a mad rampage of closing threads and moving threads around!!! He's is becoming scary! :cry:

Please dont close this down or move it anywhere else Mono..hehe

:)

Guest Vector

Yeah, i've noticed this, he seems to have become addicted to locking threads and putting them in the right places. Well it is what mods are for, isn't it :roll:

Monolithix, it is annoying when people dont search. Especially when the questions so stupidly obvious, like how do i unlock my fone etc etc. You kick their asses! :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

amo: I know, hence mass buttock prodding :)

Davidrm: cheers hehe

Everyone else: I'll not be here during the day tomorrow so you can all rest easy ;p

Guest spacemonkey

I hate to support cross posting non searching fools, and I think Mono is doing a champion job disciplining the masses... but....

The search system on this board drives me nuts when I try to use it. I invariably get a vast number of not particularly relevant items on any search and usually give up and go for the "I think it was in software a few days ago, so scroll 1 page down" type approach for finding what I was looking for.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Hohoho, awarner in the house o/

And if the boss isn't bothered, maybe i'll abuse my "unlimited" GPRS some more in my management course tomorrow and keep an eye on things from my phone ;p

edit: yus, admittedly there is a knack to using the search feature, i'll always suggest a thread before i lock a "repeat question" thread though...

Guest casper508
I hate to support cross posting non searching fools, and I think Mono is doing a champion job disciplining the masses... but....

The search system on this board drives me nuts when I try to use it.  I invariably get a vast number of not particularly relevant items on any search and usually give up and go for the "I think it was in software a few days ago, so scroll 1 page down" type approach for finding what I was looking for.

Tell me about it. At times I get 200-300 search results and just cant be arsed to thru all of em. Secondly, it too embarassing to ask for a topic specially if u've spend over 2 weeks on the forum!!! :oops:

So here's my workaround:

FAVOURITES!!!!

I have(still am) created specific folders in my IE favs for the most popular/useful topics. Ill go thru it thoroughly this w/end again. Then maybe I'll upload it to the forum so other members can benefit.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

That is the point of the new articles forum, to make searches easier, and threads are being moved there as and when necsasary (can never spell that word :/)

As for the search i can usually find what i'm looking for about 95% of the time, you just need to get the "knack" ;p