Planus SMS

Guest theodotcom

Guest asif @ planus

lol, I think adam was p*ss*ed as it is, without not winning the raffle! :lol:

/me hides from adam, heh.

Forgive me for talking crap, I'm tired. Perhaps hanging round france for too long has had some side affects..

Asif

Guest rocknsock2k

Well he didnt actually drink too too much though he was hanging round with a strane drunk verging on paedophilic northaner!!! He was very annoyed cos i won the keyboard, webhosting package and visual studio.net enterprise architect-he kept begging me to give him one of them! I missed out on the tanager by one ticket doooooh i had 10 n the winning ticket was 11. Adam refused to come back to my house after n just went home claiming he needed sleep for alton towers today lol oh well hell get something next time im sure and ill just treat him to some more london clubbing nights till then:) P.s. dont skank Adam out of the planus profits if there are any(not saying u will but just incase) - hes a good mate:)

Guest FrankyG

trying to update my phone number from 079*** to +4479 on the web site but keep getting error HTTP error 500 'Internal Server Error'....

FrankYG

Guest rocknsock2k

there will be a clampdown on all of these things eventually but i spose morell just spring up again:( Could be useful though if theres someone u dont like:P

Guest rocknsock2k

im sure that can be arranged, just speak to adam or asif. even if accounts are locked to an idividual number sending, then im sure it could be locked to a buisness name instead and if u wanna be able to send number or buisness name then have seperate accounts for each:)

Guest rocknsock2k

i was thinkin the same and in time im sure it will be done but u have to remember with security each number/buisness would have to be checked to see thyat ur entitled to use that number/name

Guest ubergeek

You'll notice that the sender field has been locked to your phone number, which has the added benefit of letting people text you back transparently (i.e. they just hit reply). We had previously discussed the possibility of abuse, and so now have locked this down. It may be re-enabled on a case-by-case basis.

The bug hunt continues! We're sorting them as as fast as possible, as well as implementing features like the status tracker :lol:

Guest bdmoore

Hi,

Just tried sending a message and got the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'tblMessages.SenderAlias' cannot be a zero-length string.

/spv/sendmessage.asp, line 61

Any ideas?

Update: The message was sent, but the From field was set to 27833001171??? :?

Guest ajb3000

one thing we were discussing was setting it up so the sender field could be either your number or any text, how you people feel about that?

also marc, you are making a lot of assumptions, and you weren't with us at the pub at kings cross! And I won ewallet in the raffle :lol:

Guest SFMH3

Well, I tried my best to get down to Kings X but am setting up a new business and had a meeting thrown at me at 9pm on Friday night for 10am Saturday. Most upset.

Guest lycrawearer

Regarding the sender field being 'customisable' ...

That's a feature I would like ! I curently use Bigfoot's SMS offering which allows me to specify (on each SMS I send) what appears in the sender field, it can be either a name or a number ....

Yeah - it's open to abuse (like everything) - and it's something that should be controlled somehow ! How about (as previous posters have suggested) having say a choice of 5 names/numbers that are pre-programmed by the Planus SMS programmers, in a drop down list ! The changes can only be made by the programmers themselves, thus restricting the possiblilty of 'silly/abusive' names being used ?

I vote for it anyway :-)

Lycrawearer

Guest ajb3000

Thank you for the suggestion lycrawearer, we are trying to find a suitable solution as we speak.

EDIT: We are considering making the SenderID field fully customisable again, but stating in the terms and conditions that the service may not be used to impersonate other people. How would people feel about that?

Guest ubergeek

Just to clarify something: You can enter your phone number in any format, the first zero will automatically be converted to 44. If you are entering an international number, you need to put in the country code (the + isn't needed) - Eg: 45 for Denmark.

Hope that clears it up :lol:

Guest Paul [MVP]

Ditto to being able to set a custom from field!

Sometimes I have my number, sometimes my name, sometimes MoDaCo.

P

PS Can't wait for the SPV Client :lol: Beta tester?

Guest ajb3000

There have been quite a few fixes implemented already today. These including getting rid of the 'insufficient credits' error when sending an SMS over 155 characters, and flashing sms now works. Make sure you keep telling us about any problems you may find so we can resolve them!