Open / Create .NBF Files

Guest PaulW

Guest PaulW

Im wondering if there is a program which I can use to view/extract files from a NBF file, aswell as create NBF files as used in the update procedure. Im trying to decert the update itself, aswell as remove all the microsoft test data (trattoria mainly), from the Windows folder and also tweek the menus a little and customise the graphics.

Please help!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MR_E

I'm looking for a way to open an NBF file - want to extract some t9.dlls from a Danish update - and followed the link to xda-developers.com/mkrom/. Under the heading "future plans" I read the following: "We need to clean up and release the 'dumprom' tool that takes ROMs apart into separate files."

Anybody gotten hold of this tool (dumprom) or know of an alternative?

Guest pocketfun

And that is the question... I've not dug into their code too much but, it does give away a lot of the .nbf file format so even if i does not work it should provide enougth information to be able to pop apart files. A lot of their source is Perl based.

Of course I'd assume that the embedded developer kit that Microsoft provide would have some tools for this as well. Not the eVC/eVB package but the development kit used to build a WindowsCE based OS for a device.

Guest MR_E

I've downloaded the dumprom program and ran it on the NBF file in the second Danish upgrade. Starts OK, but complains about invalid entries after about 10 seconds. No files are being extracted.

I will try again later; could be the NBF file I'm using is corrupt.

Syntax and link to download for dumprom on this page:

Dumprom download