Post event thread...

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi all, At last at home:

Thanks to Paul, and all the other organisers.

Nice to meet everyone, I did keep drinking till 3am, and then all day 'supporting' marathon running friends (3 hour wait to see them for 15 seconds), and drinking a refreshing pint or 8.

:oops:

I've been reading all the post even reports on my phone, but brain is too disfunctional due to lack of sleep to work out replying sooner.

Now to sort out this keyboard thingy!

and to abuse Firaas Webhosting !! :roll:

Will .

Guest akarno

Has anyone tried the World Clock application on the DAT card. Nice app, it's a shame it gives the wrong time. I have been phoning Australia over the last few days, thought it might be useful to remind me of the local time, unfortunately it is an hour out.

Guest Firaas
Has anyone tried the World Clock application on the DAT card. Nice app, it's a shame it gives the wrong time. I have been phoning Australia over the last few days, thought it might be useful to remind me of the local time, unfortunately it is an hour out.

That's mainly 'cos we're in British Summer Time I do believe - try posting in the DAT software card thread, Soyale should be watching it...

EDIT: See http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=54260 - it's been mentioned and reported.

Guest ajb3000

has anyone else figured out how you can buy any app off handango with your voucher? I'm just getting ALL-Locations GPRS Counter as we speak :lol:

Guest Firaas
has anyone else figured out how you can buy any app off handango with your voucher?
Yeah, there's two ways ;)

I'm just getting ALL-Locations GPRS Counter as we speak :lol:

Still arguing with Orange as to whether they should supply one that they made before I use another m2m card :(

Guest Firaas
i dont think he means that they have made one but that they should make one and supply it

Yeah bang on - there could be potential copyright issues with making one available which hasn't been made by Orange (i.e. people with Orange-connected SPVs giving it to people off the Orange network) - so I think Orange should, morally, write a gprs counter, then sign and release it for free public use.

Guest spacemonkey

In my OPINION, Orange will provide a GPRS tracking system as part of their billing system, similar to tracking your free minutes remaining. You'll get a number to call that will say "You have used 4.3Mb this month".

This way it'll work for all their GPRS phones not just SPV. Also it will be more accurate as they will have already excluded WAP and MMS which run over GPRS but aren't charged in that way.

That's just my guess of what they probably will do anyway.

Guest Firaas
In my OPINION, Orange will provide a GPRS tracking system as part of their billing system, similar to tracking your free minutes remaining.  You'll get a number to call that will say "You have used 4.3Mb this month".

Yeah - they're working on that, but I feel that it's important to have crappy SPV tracker in the meantime.

If 50,000 SPV customers pay £10 each for a tracker, someone's made half a million on something which Orange should've included.

Guest ivanmacx
vijay: she wasn't with me, left my woman at home :lol:

You lot are mental. There was a nubian queen there. Nobody can identify her boyfriend, and you were looking at phones!!!