134 replies to this topic

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!
Smart Explorer and SP Task Manager...or the IA equivalent of those 2 apps; NotBad ot Orneta Notepad; SMS Tool; Smartface; PocketMVP; PocketTV; Reg Edit.

For Games and other apps, you can check at www.handango.com (Smartphone section)

Norbert Aquende

Norbert Aquende

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:books, movies, malling
Mabuhay ang Pilipino! hello there ;)

Norbert Aquende
Vice President
PinoyPocketPC/PinoySmartphone

http://www.pinoypocketpc.com

cvsoft

cvsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Technology
  • Devices:hx4700
count me in ;) , darn. i paid 6k for the 1335 plan from smart, just a day before they launch the new scheme :x . anyway hi to all. :)

Superman

Superman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi! :) Im new here, just wanted to know, how to unlock the Smart Amazing Phone, so that I could put in a Globe sim card? ;)

James

James

AKA 'jlowap' MoDaCo Old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts
  • Interests:3D Mech Design, Music, DJing and drinking ;)
  • Devices:Desire HD & iPhon
look here for the unlocking app: www.monolithix.org and look for the Sim-unlocker

James Lovell

anne

anne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
hi everyone! me anne from the philippines...just wanna be with friends to all of you guys....

pritos13

pritos13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
hi to all! i'm a filipino too. i 'm about to get a new cellphone next week and was wondering if you could tell me the full specification of the Smart Amazing Phone. does it include a camera? where can you get the themes? the WinXP prefererably. any free program that would allow video capture if it includes a camera? how much memory does it have? does it have a memory card included? thanks.

sorry for the questions. i'm a newbie.
Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!

let the darkness take over!

jbyte

jbyte

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Another pure pinoy logging in! Musta mga kaSPAMyan! Just acquired by Tanager (known also as SPVx) last March 12. ;) :) :D

Doing what is difficult for others is TALENT. And doing what is impossible for talent is GENIUS!

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
Pritos, the Smartphone comes with a camera already and it's capable of capturing videos also ;) It does not come with a free SD memory card though :D so you need to buy one since it only has 8mb internal memory.

I suggest that you first play a bit with the unit at Smart Wireless Cneters before you buy. As for the themes/skins, there are several sources over the net...to name a few: http://www.coolsmart...e.com/index.php ;
http://www.modaco.com/index.php :)

pritos13

pritos13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
dinoalbert, thanks for the info. i have now decided to get a smartphone ;) instead of that bulky nokia 3650. do anyone in the philippines know where i can buy a 512mb SD card? can anyone give me a price estimation? is the Smart Amazing Phone an SPV or a Tanager? thanks for the help.

let the darkness take over!

MoRFLeZ

MoRFLeZ

|GoT PLuS??|

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:Skin: Anything by kleinweder
  • Devices:SPV C500
The SPV and the Tanager are both smartphones.

The SPV is the also known as the Canery
Tanager is also known as the SPVx

The SPV was the first smartphone from Orange/HTC, the Tanager the second. They are almost identical. The Tanager does have a few lil perks. It has a slimmer design, and 'flatter' buttons (which makes texting a lot easier). It also has a brighter screen (might have to get some sunglasses too *nudge*). They have the same specs though... so the Tanager wont perform better.

The next smartphone from Orange/HTC is said to be released late 2003 and will include an in-built camera as well as major upgrades etc etc.

http://mobimobi.textamerica.com/recent.aspx

Primary: | QTeK 8310 | TDC FoRCe oNe | DeCeRTiFieD | SiM-uNLoCKeD | RoM 5.1.70.14406 | 1024mb MiNi SD CaRD |
Secondary: | N70 | QTeK 8100 | uNoTeL / TeLMoRe

Superman

Superman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
does anyone here in the forum that there amazing fon has bugs? cuz I was thinking if the fon ad some errors do smart have a repair service centers? ;)

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
Pritos, I have no idea about 516Mb cards BUT I know someone from our PocketPC users group who sells brand new 256 Sandisk SD cards for about P6,000 (negotiable daw)...try to text or call 0917-8967251.

As for bugs, havent encountered major bugs yet except the some "hang/freeze". But I was able to return and exchange my first Tanager for a newer one because I saw one dead pixel.... Smart will allow returns of units if you find a defect (within 1 month).

Superman

Superman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
what if I lost it n I jst got it for free, wud they replace it? :?

lmarantal

lmarantal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
can i use gprs (html browsing) on a prepaid globe sim?

jbyte

jbyte

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
With regards to bugs, I found some but I think not on the phone but with there system. Have anyone of your guys tried to send an entry to ABS Game Ka Na ba? Coz' if you haven't, my advice is don't try. I don't know if this proper to say it here, but for the information of every body, I will to prevent further damage. This is my experience, or shall I say, our exprerence (coz there are two of us who had this very bad experience).

A friend of mine was the one who first experienced this one. He sent one (1) entry to GKNB. Of course, you will be expecting a text message for the confirmation of your entry. There it comes! A minute or less after that, there's another message coming in (an invalid one) from GKNB as if you send another entry but an invalid one. Seconds after seconds, it keeps on sending a message thanking you for buying a logo, when in fact he did not send an entry at all. when he read those messages (there's actually a pair of message that he received each time it goes into his inbox) it says something like "invalid entry" and says "thank you for buying a logo". He simply let it go and garnered around 50 messages all invalid entries. Because he was very confused of what happened, he tried it again, and even got worst. It feeds in his inbox more than 50 messages. The first one is valid but all messages after that are all invalid messages. He presented the problem to Smart Wireless Center here in our locality and to let them believe of what he found out, he send another entry to GKNB for that last time while the staff of Smart is watching. And there it goes again. Several messages again fills in his inbox with invalid messages. At that time, he cannot figured it out. He taugth that his phone is defective or even thingking that his sim is corrupt. So to make it sure, he went to me and told me about his experience. He told me to try to send one entry to GKNB. I told him that ok, this is the only way to find out. I did sent one entry only to GKNB. And exactly the same thing happened to me as with me friend, and even worst cause I get 310 messages wherein only one out of those is valid. And it did reflect in my bill. It says SMS Game Ka Na Ba? Download 155 messages=P1550. We have already presented a formal letter regarding the problem. Smart told us to wait for the adjustment equivalent to that of invalid entries. As of now, no advice from SMART yet that it is safe to send an entry to GKNB.

For you people who are very curious to know if what will happen if you send one, well, try it for yourself.

Doing what is difficult for others is TALENT. And doing what is impossible for talent is GENIUS!

leemrvnt

leemrvnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
hi, its good to know that there's a lot of filipinos here, i recently switch to smart just to get the tanager...anybody here who knows which network has better gprs service

thanks in advance

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,447 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien
I'm thinking about starting a dedicated filipinos area... Who thinks this is a good idea?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

lmarantal

lmarantal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
PAUL, we would appreciate it if you could post us a filipino area, tnx in advance

Superman

Superman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Man that sucks!! 300 messages from GKNB :x

does any smart users here, have installed skins to there smart amazing fon?

and do we ahve warranty for this fon? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users