What do you guys all do?

Guest James

Guest James

What do all you guys do? i mean... all you all at work sitting at computers surfing MoDaCo when you can!

CAD operators? programmers?

how do you get away with it?

Guest SirGaz

Emad

Which college you at? My brother and his wife both went there so I know it well.

I'm a system tester for the IT department of a call centre company (contracted out solutions - not in house stuff). Trying to move though.

Guest Richie M

Was a Programmer for a small software house, made redundant 5 months ago, so now working for an ex-customer as Business Analyst/Programmer - i get away with it by saying i'm doing research :roll:

DJ/Producer by night :lol:

Guest Rob.P

Errm loads really, video, editing, multimedia, broadcast, webcasts, websites, flash anim, digital photography, traditional photography, 3D (still and animated), bit of sound (mainly compression) as I said anything digital, jack of all and master of none so to speak.

Guest Matt Whitfield

IT Contractor (at the moment), working in the Interactive TV industry... Might go permie at some point, but who knows.

Used to be more into the Web (but it got a bit boring) and did some Wireless bits and pieces (1 WAP site, which is now dead, to my name). As the Wireless industry is now taking off a bit more, perhaps I'll venture back that way some day...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'm doing tech support and network administration for QinetiQ. i am part of the team running one of the unclassified networks here (hence getting away with spending ages on MoDaCo :lol:)

I'm doing it as part of a Year in Industry so i've got studentship to look forward too come September as well ;)

Guest Richie M
I work for Orange.

Which in the MoDaCo forum, is a bit like saying your a traffic warden or an Estate Agent.

Hey thats a bit unfair, i've never had any prob's personally with O :lol:

And i don't agree with slagging off 150 & 156 either - it's not their fault they are not informed correctly by the company :roll:

Guest Firaas
I work for Orange.

Which in the MoDaCo forum, is a bit like saying your a traffic warden or an Estate Agent.

Too right - EVERYONE ON MARTIN

:lol: ;)

Guest capt_janeway

Group Facilities Manager for a publishers....hence my lack of technical knowhow....but I can write a mean H&S policy and unblock a toilet!!!

:roll: :roll:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Since I last posted way back in the beginning of modaco my job's

now changed I'm now an electrician for a large facillities contracting company

I work as a Graphics Manager for a translation company - we translated some training docs for the SPV for france and germany back in december, MS sent us a dev phone, but with no SIM, so I went out and bought one so we could do all the screenshots etc - excellent product IMHO.

Guest siu99spj

Well I'm a telecoms engineer :lol:

Its actually ALL types of telecomms not just mobiles and usually within the oil and gas sector (So thats oil rigs and drilling thingies).

At the moment I'm pretending to enjoy arguing with Rolls Royce over 23 jet turbines they're supplying to generate power for the current project. :shock: Yep 23 HUGE jet turbines. One platforms gonna have 11, its gonna be noisy :twisted:

8)

Guest Mr_Protozoa

I'm a another freeloading student.

I'm at Nottingham Trent Uni studying 'BSc (HONS) Computer Aided Product Design'.

Whist on the subject does anybody here fancy giving me a placement? I know some of must you have exiting creative jobs!

Cheers.

• 1 year later...