- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

westlake

westlake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am just waiting for www.handhelds.org to get a linux OS running for the SPV. OK I may be waiting a long time but I run Linux on my ipaq and its great. Nice of HTC to have such a feature rich bootloader and make it so easy to get at just like the ipaq. (Makes copying the OS a Doddle from phone to phone which I can imagine will ge useful in the future for upgrading)

Would get round all this nonsence of not being able to run any app I want aswell..... what absolute pants that is!

You cant sync mobile favorites either so its a manual type on the keyboard to get it in you SPV favorites. This just seems weird to omit as Orange surely want you to use the data as much as possible. (Stupid work round is to have your favorites copied to a contact and sync that)

Does anyone one know why windows media player can not se my SD card so I can get music on my SPV - actually that is not entirely true it seems to see it just claims there is no space on it and there most definatly is.

I love the hardware, shame about the OS shortcomings though.

sch

sch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

You cant sync mobile favorites either so its a manual type on the keyboard to get it in you SPV favorites. This just seems weird to omit as Orange surely want you to use the data as much as possible. (Stupid work round is to have your favorites copied to a contact and sync that)

This one is possible - if you look on the cd that came with the phone, you should fine under the MS directory, a program called duc which lets you configure some of the phone settings. If you run it and select custom you can change the mobile favourites.

Alternatively you can just copy them to the phone via activesync - I can't remember which folder it needs to go in - I think it's under IPSMWindows :?:

westlake

westlake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just looking at the CD now...... thanks.

westlake

westlake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Actually, thanks again as this little utility also helps you set up a personal ISP and a work connection. Something I wanted to do for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users