Help setting up GPRS/MMS/WAP for Vodafone please!

Guest ^JP^

Can anyone help.I've got motorola mx220 smartphone and o2 pay and go. I use sometimes gprs,but it is doesn't work properly. I can load some pages in int. explorer,but sometimes it writes the page cannot be load.And i can't use gprs in any program, f.e. agile messenger (unable to connect)

• 2 months later...
Guest irh1342

Hello guys, My first post on this very informative forum. Got a sda2 which is unlocked to vodafone, my payg sim, gprs has been enabled and confirmed by vodafone. Problem is ,I can't get connected. Tried all of the google options and then found this site. Had a good search round, but the only link which sounds promising is from awarner to main, which does'nt work . Right so phoned vodafone, there should be no problems connecting to gprs, even if it is ex t-mobile so to speak. Local phones4u guy said the phones software does not allow connections from 'alien sims', I dont believe his explanation. Sorry to ramble on , these are connection settings from the vodafone helpline: Apn pp.vodafone.co.uk user. wap password.wap ip. 212.183.137.012 url http//vodafone.co.uk port 8799 .It don't work, any updates will be greatfully appreciated. Cheers ,Ian

Edited by irh1342

Guest iainmann

If you message me with your email address, I can send you a .cab file that will install voda prepay settings for GPRS, WAP and MMS

Edited by iainmann

Guest kevinsephiroth
Well done!

well i am french, and here we also got vodafone live, which is part of SFR.

Orange is a damn s*** in gprs connections and edge, they sell us 0.10euros/10KO; whereas SFR is only 0.30cts 2hours of gprs connection!

but no luck, my C600 is fully app unlock, sim unlock. but neither msn nor Pocket IE wor, nor MMS!

already tried all sorts of settings! ;)