- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

markn

markn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

You seriously miss the point. This board is for techies trying to resolve issues through techniques called workarounds. It is also for non techies to pick up the basics, get advice and learn tips and tricks.

Good Lord. I don't think I miss the point. I am more than familiar with workarounds. But that is not how to sell a product to a mass market, is it?

Your e-mail must have taken considerable time to put together. It was very well written.  

Your points are all taken on board. All 8 negative points we cant do anything with.

Thanks for the nice comment. I don't really expect all the points to be addressed - I'm not unrealistic - but as I have said in earlier posts, these really are issues that should have been designed out a long, long time ago. Preferably in a galaxy far, far away. Er, Vodafone?

Maybe you would be better suited to  http://www.sourgrapes.com/splash.html

:( Funny! Anyway, the grapes I prefer are more dry than sour.

a little humour might loosen the starch :D

Humour taken but I don't think I've been that tightly-collared. I've been honest - and most certainly not alone in my opinions. I'll say it again: I think this phone has great potential and I still want one... want one... want one... er... that works as God (Bill) intended.

M

DJHope

DJHope

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Anything fun
A batlle of sarcasim this is beautiful, now markin you dont have an SPV and uve made your comments clear this is an SPV forumn since you dont have one and have no intention buying another, please leave us be! :D

markn

markn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

A batlle of sarcasim this is beautiful, now markin you dont have an SPV and uve made your comments clear this is an SPV forumn since you dont have one and have no intention buying another, please leave us be! :D

I guess :( you're not serious? I had, and tried to bits, an SPV for a week. In fact to be pedantic it's still sat here, waiting for an Orange jiffy bag. But it's useless since there is no SIM in it and anyway I expect it's been disabled.

To be even more pedantic, I don't think owning an SPV is a requirement of either reading or posting to this forum. It helps, I agree, but this particular dog is just for Christmas.

As for having no intention of buying another, where did that come from? Read all my posts. I want one. It just has to be nearly as good as what I already own. If it gets closer, I'll get one. Until then, I'll keep reading.

Fulkrum

Fulkrum

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
cool. 8)

Treadsoftly

Treadsoftly

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
I have some good news about a forthcoming update's contents, but I need permission to spill the beans.

Will probably be in a position to post tomorrow.

DJHope

DJHope

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Anything fun
Sorry markin that prehaps was sarcastic in itself a bit! I wasnt serious as you can imagine, its really funneh when those 'battle of sarcasim' things come about tho! Listen mate i totally understand that you couldnt hack the SPV, but obviously you gotta understand their are people who can hack it and prehaps dare i say it even love the little beast! But its nice to hear from all sides of the argument and you have definately given us an insight into that! Also i didnt mean if you dont own one dont use the board i mearly ment if you dont own one and have no intention of buying one (notice the and, sarcasim) surely it would be pointless using the board!

Sorry again!

DJ Hope

spvman

spvman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Heh, at the risk of gettin my head blown off by a shotgun loaded with sarcasm I would just like to say that my spv is relatively bug free and i think its a great little phone - i bought it cos i wanted one - not to be cutting edge, have no intention of sending it back and i really cant see why so many folks are bitching their little hearts out about it. Granted the battery life could be *a lot* better but thats the only negative thing i can say!! Show me another phone on the market that can do all this one can... oh you cant?? That would be cos there isnt one!! If you dont like it then pleeeeease just send it back, get yourself a 7650, 9210 (i have one of those for sale if youre interested) or that new wierd looking piece of cr*p with keys all over the place and head over to www.my-communicator.com or www.my-symbian.com .... trust me you'll fit in MUCH better on those forums as they are full to the brim of bitchy, snidey people who just like to take pot shots at each other!!! Rant over, have a nice day now!!! :D

jonjensen

jonjensen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Seeing as I started this thread, thanks for all the comments! Interesting that ownership of an SPV is such an emotive subject! For what it's worth I did return mine & haven't missed it. I'm back to separate handset & Pocket PC for the time being. I think the combo device market is still too immature. For me the dismal battery life was the killer, if it hadn't been for that I would probably have been prepared to overlook the other drawbacks.

Jonathan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users