Items from EBay

Guest Shuflie

Guest Shuflie

I ordered a couple of things from retailers on EBay and got excellent service from both sellers.

First thing was a sandisk 256Mb SD card for $70+$10 postage from topdot7 in the states. Took 1 week to arrive and he fixed it so there was no customs charges to pay.

The second was an XDA USB charger/sync cable ordered late Friday night from umernalla for £13 + 75p P&P. Arrived today (as did the SD card).

Both SD card and USB cable are working well, copying over a stack of MP3s to the SD card as I type :D

Guest Gunslinger

Ordered a 128MB Sandisk card at £43 including shipping from topdot7.

Seems fantastic Value.

Waiting for delivery. Will update when Card arrives.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gunslinger

Yep. Certainly did.

The card is a good make. San Disk and works a treat. Delivered within a week, well packaged and works a treat. Plenty of oakenfold tracks on the card.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd have though it was the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the VAT is paid on the product! After all, if you paid the VAT to the seller who happens to be in another country, why would they have any incentive to pay that VAT back to the UK government?????

Hax

• 1 month later...
Guest gradiation

i got a 512 sandisk card a while back from ebay, with P+P and VAT it came to £50 give or take a couple but bloody good deal if you ask me.

Check them out if u want a good deal.

Guest Vector

I've seen 256mb for £50, and that's the cheapest i've seen,

but £50 for a card twice that size is daylight robbery :shock: :wink:

Guest gradiation

think the guy must have bought them in bulk, cos he had loads, and they were all on a buy now. If i see any more wround i'll be sure to let u guys know. until then

na na na na na :lol:

I managed to get 256mb for £49 from the states. 512 for the same price? I really suspect whoever was selling them to be wearing a black and white hooped shirt and holding a sack saying swag on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matt Kirby
I'm sure Customs & Excise would be interested in that ebayer.

Just a quick note about VAT. If a company's (or a sole trader in this case) turnover is over a certain ammount they have to be VAT registered, which means that they can claim back VAT on goods that they buy, but have to charge VAT on goods they sell.

This ebayer is probably too small to be VAT registered, and therefore doesn't have to charge us VAT on cheap SD cards!