Get an Alienware P4 3ghz laptop for £150 ($235)

Guest Greg

This is ture you can get an alienware laptop for £150 ($235) the only catch is you may have to wait around 1-2 months.

Basically its a matrix system. What happens is you buy an E-book for £150 ($235) then you get entered into a list for the laptop. The list is 15 people long so when 15 people join the person at the top of the list will get the laptop. Then when another 15 people join the second person on the list will get the laptop and so on!!

This is not a con and it does make sense if you do the math everyone wins here. Becuase if 15 people join the list theres £2250 ($3375) in the pot. Now the laptop costs £1500 ($2250) retail so the site will buy the laptop and give it to the person at the top of the list and make £750 ($1125) and you will get a laptop for £150 ($235)

Theres loads of other cool stuff on the site all with different length lists

The site is www.freechit.com check it out. Theres a FAQ and how does this work section incase you have any other questions!!

Edit/Warning: just in case you arent up on pyramid schemes, this will only work if you have 15 mates who all sign up, and they all have 15 different mates each who sign up, and they all have 15 different mates again....etc, ad infinitium. See spacemonkeys explanation below. --Mono

Guest awarner [MVP]

And so the final few people at the bottom of the list lose out because they were last,

as there will be no one esle to put them to the top of the list.

These ideas are great as long as you are one of the first to join.

Guest ubergeek
Illegal in many parts of the world...

But not if goods are being exchanged, and not illegal at all in the UK.

Still, only a mug would join in. :roll:

Guest mashkhan
This is not a con and it does make sense if you do the math everyone wins here. Becuase if 15 people join the list theres £2250 ($3375) in the pot.

It seems to me that the only "winners" are the site. :lol:

Guest Richie M

Hold on guys, there must be some "no it really works" "I recieved mine in two weeks" type messages coming from Greg soon :lol:

:roll:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Heh, me and Paul were discussing what to do with this thread. Seems you guys have done it for us though, good to see we haave an intelligent user base (except for you Richie, "accidentally" running that virus ;p)

Guest Richie M

:oops: it was an accident :oops:

And i'm told that I'm now number 14 in-line to get the laptop :roll:

(only kidding :lol: when i first saw this thread i was gonna report it but i thought the same as you guys)

Guest mashkhan

Just checked out the website, guess who I saw on the list.

7. Gregory Shaw (4-06-03)

Dude your going to have to wait a loong time! BTW out of curiosity what EBook did they send you for your 150 quid? :shock:

Guest Matt Whitfield

So does this mean Greg was getting a little worried about his "investment" and wanted users from this site to buy his PC for him?...

Maybe not eh?? If you think about it, if you're stupid enough to pay £150 for an e-book then the site is covered if the pyramid scam doesn't go anywhere... it didn't force you to buy it... and if the pyramid collapses because nobody else is that stupid, then who have you got to blame, but yourself?

Guest spacemonkey

So it looks good if your person number 1, but this scheme sounds even worse than most pyramid schemes... imagine I'm person 15 on the list (I got in early) right,

So for the 15th person to get their laptop, only 225 people need to be on the list...

Imagine I'm number 225 (I just got person 15 theirs, aren't I generous)

Now, I'll get my laptop when there are 3375 people on the list...

Imagine I'm number 3375 (I just got person 225 his laptop :lol: )

Now I'll get mine when there are 50625 people on the list

Imagine I got in at 50625 (I just got the laptop for 3375)

Now I'll get mine when a mere 759375 suckers have paid their cash...

But hang on person 759375 would be a fool to fork over cash considering he'd need the list to be 11390625 people signed up before he'd get anything back

see how it works yet? So, basically the more people actually "win" off the list the more people have to be "screwed" by the list. And at some stage it'll break down, but hey, if everyone with a spv goes for it (est 50,000 people) then 3333 will win and only 46667 will be screwed... sounds fair to me.

Guest fraser

These things do actually work, however you need to personally convince everyone below you to do the same. That's were they all fall down, you can never get enough mugs below you.

Guest spacemonkey

Oh, and one more thing, I think their on tenuous grounds to think that it'll be legal because their pyramid gaming for goods not money. The goods schemes are like tupperware parties or AmWay.

Their scheme is that you buy actual goods at reasonable(ish) prices and it just the companies cut (ie normal profit on sale) that get's distributed to the people in the scheme on a pyramid style basis. This is using a pyramid as a means of building a network of consumers with potentially some motivation. The reason it's legal is because the person at the bottom is not throwing in money in hopes of a payback when they reach the top, they are purchasing products and even if they never move up the pyramid, they should still be happy with what they've got out of it.

edit---

fraser, I wasn't showing that they didn't work, I was just showing that they only work for the lucky few at the top, and the longer the list goes on the more people it will screw (which is why it's ILLEGAL in most countries)

Guest Big Ron - No Longer a Mem

"Oh, and one more thing, I think their on tenuous grounds to think that it'll be legal because their pyramid gaming for goods not money. The goods schemes are like tupperware parties or AmWay."

ANd now... Kleen-eze. Try a search on the web and you'll find that the old door-to-door brush and cleaning stuff guys have now turned into a glitzy pyramid scam.

Guest martin

I wonder how many of the first 10 names are associated with the startup of this scheme.

or whether the first 10 names belong to the same person ?

Guest superkingdave

its quite obvious that the first few names are all from the site owners.. .they all start on the same time and then one or two suckers come on later... this means that if say the first five are bogus ones then eighty four people have to sign up before they have to buy anything!

also take a look in their forum... our friend gregory is getting a little worried that his sound investment is not looking so sound he says he has posted in loads of forums and no one takes any notice of him and hes even got banned from his own university computers for posting in their forum... man he must feel such a gullible sucker!

Guest fraser

Probably trying to get his money back... :lol:

Though we shouldn't laugh...it is a scam after all, and as I said earlier, a workable one. In theory.

Guest Coolboy1982

good job that I was stupid enough to enter a pyramid type of system when

I was 13 or 14, which only cost me 30 pounds of which I regained 10 or so.

So now when I see things like this I have the experience and don't feel

tempted to spend what now seems to mostly be much higher sums...

Guest martin

I admit to laughing at him being conned but I thought he would say 'Oh well, I lost my £150 and I'll know better next time". He might have even saw the funny side of it after a while and had a good laugh telling his story down the local pub. WHAT A PLONKER

Now, after reading the chat entries on this dubious pyramid site, I feel sorry for him. He's been completely taken in and refuses to give up.

He really feels that people have rejected him and he doesn't understand why were being like this.

He's probably on OK guy and maybe he'll see some sense before he get used too much by these money making scams.

Guest superkingdave

this reminds me of when i used to get these chain letters which were like... this letter has been going on for blah weary and you have been selected to carry it on send it to seven of your friends... well i apologise to all those people whos lives i wrecked when i threw them straight in the bin, all you work down the drain... ha ha

Guest awarner [MVP]

I LOVE this bit of their rules :lol:

Will you refund my money?

Sorry, we do not do refunds anymore, we will however remove your name from the list if you want, but once payment is recieved and transferred to our "Paid" account, we cannot get it out! Once you buy an EBook, you are in line, No refunds whatsoever.

Like who is going to say "ok I'm fed up with waiting take my name off please"

muppets ;)