Guide to Painting Your SPV

Guest cpt_andy

Guest James

thats what you get with the old hard reset! just cant be bothered to change it AGAIN! might do today.... any suggestions? dont want all that fancy stuff again as i foot use the menus on the homescreens.

Guest Vector

I'd say Reload by midnight/RichieM is the best homescreen available at the moment :lol:

How long did it take to do the whole job ?

Is that mark by the Orange label a product of taking the phone apart ?

Guest James

also.. i made a discovery about dust on the screen... it sticks on there because the surface is not flat! its made of loads of tiny prisums running across the screen

Guest James

cheers mate! all the guys here all think it looks really professional, and they did not believe i did it. two of them have also said it looks much less bulky.

the secret is the prep and paint.

Prep with FE10 solvent to remove sh**.

Paint with RS Matt black 496-782 (three thin coates)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrankyG

Just to mention to anyone wanting to take the SPV apart;

I wouldn't recommend sticking a small driver into the gap where the SIM holder is, it just feels as if it's about to break when you start to exert some pressure. I just started at the top of the phone, got my nail under the cover and then inserted a credit card into the gap. Worked my way down one side easily, back up the top and down the other side. There is a little clip that's visible when the battery is off (covered with small rubber seal), that's where I finished up. Once that was unclipped, it was simply a matter of prying the bottom apart with my nail and the cover came off easily. It never at any point felt as if I was about to break anything, which I'm normally good at :roll: . All in, it took about 15 mins to get everything apart. Oh, and don't expect to use that credit card again, it does damage the edges a little, depends on how much force you have to use I suppose.

I'll post pics of the finished article, 1st coat of paint goes on this afternoon.

FrankyG

• 1 month later...
Guest WestleyJC

The site dosent work no more Andy :o

Do I need to scratch my paint off first or am I ok to just paint over the top of it?????

If I need to scratch it off how do I do it?

I dont suppose any of you kind people out there still have a copy of Andys guide do you, please please pretty please :)

Guest cpt_andy

Moved here.

I would also add that since writing that guide, I have re-done my phone and used a clear varnish on top of the paint, something which I would stongly recommend doing. Also, try reading through some of the posts here from other people who have done it, as there are some good tips.

Cpt. Andy