For skinners: Automatic HME packaging inside!

Guest Colonel Hogan

Guest Colonel Hogan

Hi skinners.

Everybody know that HME files are the best choice for skins publishing. But HME packaging is heavy process... :D

So I build this program...and now, HME packaging is very easy ! ;)

Perhaps you've already see it before, but this one is the last version, and enables English panels :wink:

smartskinhmess3.jpg

You'll find here the Executable only (without VB6 runtimes)

For information, VB6 Runtimes are:

msvbvm60.dll

OLEAUT32.DLL

OLEPRO32.DLL

ASYCFILT.DLL

STDOLE2.TLB

COMCAT.DLL

VB6FR.DLL

COMDLG32.OCX

You'll find here the entire setup:DOWNLOAD SETUP

There is a HLP file include with "how to use", but i can explain here if some wants.

:)

Guest Richie M

hehe i tried the French version out yesterday, very simple to use :)

well done Colonel Hogan, looking forward to the other programs in the series ;)

Guest Colonel Hogan
hehe i tried the French version out yesterday, very simple to use :)

well done Colonel Hogan, looking forward to the other programs in the series ;)

Thanx! this version can be displayed with english panel with a /E parameter on the command line (in the shortcut properties).

Some other little features since first version... I'm proud you enjoy it 8)

Guest TSCRYPTO

Has anyone had a problems installing this? I seem to be getting an error msg saying that there is some sort of conflict between the folder where the app is going to be installed to, and the default folder - even thpugh they are identical.

Strange...

:?

Guest gradiation

I cant get it to actaully make the cab file, it creates the .inf file and everything, but just won't cab it up for me, even though it's in the right dir.

Guest Colonel Hogan

TSCRYPTO:...sorry but you're the first with this problem... :cry: can you cancel the message? does it work anyway? try downloading directly the executable file, perhaps it will work, the setup program is only needed when you don't already have the runtimes. ;)

Guest Colonel Hogan
I cant get it to actaully make the cab file, it creates the .inf file and everything, but just won't cab it up for me, even though it's in the right dir.

I've got an idea for this problem. For the moment just rename the ".cab" in ".hme", and delete the temporary files. I'll post a modified release in few minutes :wink:

Guest Colonel Hogan

OK a new version is on line, just download the excutable file and replace it in your directory. Try it and tell me if it's better ;)

Guest Colonel Hogan
I take ot that the necessary run-times are in the SDK and or embedded visual tools?

with visual studio, or other applications...

you'll find here : Runtimes VB6

Put them in your system directory (don't replace any files, keep the existing ones) or in the executable directory. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest docles2002

please help me install skin packager. When I tried to install smart skin hme i kept on seeing "smart skin hme" not a valid window ce application?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SPV4U

Im trying to install this package and keep getting an error, but its all in french, can someone give me detailed directions on getting it in English.

Cheers :twisted:

• 1 month later...
Guest drblow

I had the same errors on the setup - dunno what they meant coz my French always was awful!! Did the VB6 runtimes, & got the .exe file - so now the app open up fine (except it's all French & my French ...) but when I click the create .hme button, the app just hangs with the eggtimer forever (well, at least 3 minutes til I turned it off!). Is this normal?? Do you have to go & make a cup of tea while it does it's thing!

Guest cpt_andy

This looks very useful - good job :)

I havn't had a chance to try it out myself yet, but from the feedback you have received it looks promising.

Cpt. Andy