Announcing first beta of PocketTV - MPEG video player

Guest The PocketTV Team

Guest The PocketTV Team

Please tell us if it manages to keep the backlight on while playing on a SPV.

We have mostly tested it on the Red-e, but I tried on an SPV and is worked nicely, except maybe for some small details like backlight.

Guest Vector

I can't get it to work, i've installed smartexplorer on the phone but it still says that i need to install smartexplorer on the phone :? any ideas ?

Guest The PocketTV Team

PocketTV looks for Smart Explorer in

"IPSMProgram FilesBinarysSmart ExplorerSmartExplorer.exe"

If it's installed somewhere else, it won't find it and it will complain. Try to put SmartExplorer there (manually if necessary).

Guest Vector

Ok, it's finding smart explorer now but when i try to open the ice age demo in storage card it doesn't let me do it and it says "Unable to open the file. The system returned the error "file association not available", am i doing something wrong ?

Guest The PocketTV Team

Another detail: I forgot to mention that you need to setup the file association in the registry. I added that in this instructions in the first post of this thread.

It is necessary to do that, since there is no installer, and since we rely on Smart Explorer to open the files.

Guest The PocketTV Team
Ok, it's finding smart explorer now but when i try to open the ice age demo in storage card  it doesn't let me do it and it says "Unable to open the file. The system returned the error "file association not available", am i doing something wrong ?

Good, now create the registry association as described above, and tell us if it works.

Guest The PocketTV Team
err,I can't put the underscore in when i'm trying to create the new key in the registry :?

Press and hold the # key :-)

Guest The PocketTV Team

Ouch! probably a bug in RegEdit.

Well, then, just remove the underscores in the actual file name (i.e. rename the file to pockettvspbeta.exe) and remove the underscores from the Registry string values, it will work!

But you should not remove the underscore from the key name:

HKCRpockettv_mpgfile

Don't worry, we'll make a nice installer very soon, it will make all that so much easier.

Guest Vector

I've done it through my pc now, is there meant to be a quotation mark" at the beggining of the Storage Card...

ie.

like this

"Storage Cardpockettv_sp_beta.exe" "%1"

or like this

Storage Cardpockettv_sp_beta.exe" "%1"

Guest The PocketTV Team

like this

"Storage Cardpockettv_sp_beta.exe" "%1"

or, if you have removed the underscores from the actual file name:

like this

"Storage Cardpockettvspbeta.exe" "%1"

Also the first time you run PocketTV, you will need to go into the Menu

Options>Files and select "File Associations" to complete the creation of the missing registry keys for file association.

I have added this in the instructions...

Guest Arisme

btw about the IPSM problem, STuFF ran into the same problem for the upcoming Smartphony game - I found out that if you make a write access to an IPSM file just after thread creation, it has an higher probability to continue without crashing :wink: but still a very annoying bug :?

Guest ambro

The backlight does go off, when the actual clip restarts the light manages to come back on its self (using the repeat function in fullmode)

i've tried deselecting the backlight function and selecting it again however it does not do the trick