5 replies to this topic

Kizeron

Kizeron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi Guy's,

I'm now the proud owner of a SPV.

I just returned from the states yesterday and was wondering what new phones had come out whilst I was away (3 months). As soon as I watched the demo of the SPV I was hooked.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew how to add picture/photo id's to peoples phone/contact numbers so that they display when someone rings.

Kiz.

chewie

chewie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Producing Trance Music, Dj'ing, Clubbing. Throwing my SPV at the wall.
I'm pretty damn sure you cant do this :D.

Although mayeb they will incorporate it into a hotfix (although i wouldnt hold my breath)

Some good news is that there are some third party pieces of software coming out for better camera managment!

Fr33$tL1n

Fr33$tL1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
hotfix unlikely like chewie said but from what I saw on a website earlier today (sorry, not sure which one) there will be an app soon that will allow pictures to come up when someone is calling.

My only reservation - well 2 actually, will it screw the battery life? and Surely it will kill (as in use up) the SPV internal memory?!

It was a nice idea though :roll:

mantrac

mantrac

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
Here's an idea on how to get a Photo ID to display during an incoming call...
I'm sure that the incoming call screen is some sort of XML document.
If I could only get access to it (I'm trying to find which one it is as we speak) then perhaps I could create a new key which links to a picture.
I'd obviously have to hardcode each link of a number to a picture but hey, it will be for free and it's better than nothing!

Bear with me....

Kizeron

Kizeron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Gr8,

Well at least I can fool my mate the Nokia owner. I don't think it should be too much of a hassle to edit the XML. I only want a few key numbers to have there pics (mostly women :D ).

Let me know if you have any luck mantric and thanks for your input.

Kiz.

casper508

casper508

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:I-mate SP5m, HTC Touch
Any luck with the XML mantrac?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users