Moddified ALARM Plug-in [UPDATED 10/06/03]

Guest Richie M

Guest Pagemakers

Richie - Remember what I said about the entire display moving down a line and loosing the "profile" line if there is an all day appointment.....just wondering if this is fixed too?

Guest Simon Desser

Great work :!:

I use a Home screen called RM Full Date, which is basically the "full layout" but showing the date, on the same line as the time.

Is there anyway this can be incorporated with the Alarm plug in? cos I'd rather not have to sacrifice the date, to show the alarm?

RM_full_date.home.zip

Guest Pagemakers

Simon, I use this too and there is no problem adding the plugin to it - see attached.

However, if you have an all day appointment (which appears on its own line on the homescreen) everything is pushed down a line and you loose what was on the bottom of the page. This is regardless of the date feature or not.

I am not sure if Richie has fixed this though.

AlarmDate.zip

Guest Richie M

Pagemakers; the problem with the screen moving down when you have an all-day-event is unfortunately down to the homescreen not the Alarm plug-in.

But i have had a quik play with your layout (attached) and hope you find it acceptable. when you have an All Day event now it'll be displayed at the bottom of the screen, and i have just put Carrier, Time and Date on the same line.

Alarm.home.zip

Guest Simon Desser
Simon, I use this too and there is no problem adding the plugin to it - see attached.

Thanks for that, am I doing something wrong? for me, it now shows tha date on the right of the line near the time, and no alarm?

Guest Pagemakers

Cheers Richie - I have moved the alarm back to the bottom and I can comfirm it now works a treat.

Simon - you need to install the alarm plugin first. It is on the 1st page of this topic and I think you need to install it to your phone, not the card.

Alarm.home.zip

alarm.gif

Guest vijay555

can someone help, i'm using the plug-in with a background, that highlights the plug-in when i select it, but although the plug-in area itself gets highlighted, and i can simultaneously change the _foreground_ of the plug-in, the actual text of the plug-in is still displayed on a black background.

Sorry, can't paste screenshot right now, but my question: how to change the background colour of the alarm-plug-in when it's selected?

I know i must be doing something doh, but pls help!

V

[edit: d'oh. didn't realise there was a bgtext tag! All fixed now. keep up the good work all!]

Guest Richie M
Richie - it's nearly the end of the week...... :)

Humph :lol: tell me about it m8 (jeez you are impatient :roll:) hehe since when have you know a programmer/developer stick to a deadline? :(

Seriously tho, this is really doing my head now, cos this is delaying everything :lol: and i've been dead busy at work. I'm currently trying to get "bgimage" to work :? (fixed "height" :lol:)

Has anyone else tried using "x" and "y" for alignment instead of "halign" and "valign" as this doesn't appear to work either :lol:

Honestly, i'll release this once i am happy with it - as i dont want to release it incomplete again :D

Guest vijay555

Richie, take your time mate.

I think we all appreciate your efforts, and if we're impatient, it's only a recognition of how great your work is.

Could i ask if someone cld post the source for any kind of plug-in, so i can start to learn? Not Richie's code, just any plug-in!

V

Guest Pagemakers

Richie - how about a version based on exactly what you have released now but with the added benefit of opening the alarm setting page when you click the alarm time on the homepage. That would be just perfect for me and I am sure many others. I don’t need to adjust the size etc of the alarm time.

Guest Richie M

Pagemakers, hehehe.

i've just been finishing off this and been busy doing other stuff (see midnights Reload skin :))

i will be releasing this very shortly in my new Longhorn theme, i'm not gonna let it out seperatly for now because it's not customizable enough, though i have fixed the sizing part :lol:

Any way, you'll be able to use it in the skin you have as it will just override the old version :(

So keep your eyes peeled :D

Guest fozzie

Hopefully - I'm hoping/waiting for this one too. It's really useful having the alarm setting on the Homescreen.

Might have to install the new LonghornM5 Homescreen and pinch the Alarm Plugin bits!

Guest Pagemakers

I just installed the LonghornM5 homescreen to enable me to set the alarm from the alarm time on the home page but sadly my phone keeps locking up now when I go to change or set the alarm time so I have uninstalled it and returned to the simple alarm plug-in version.

Richie - was I supposed to remove the original alarm plug-in first?

Please please can't you just make the alarm time clickable so it goes to the alarm setting page? As nice as the LonghornM5 homescreen is, it is not what I want. I just need a simple alarm time on the home page, that when clicked allows me to set the alarm time.

I'm sure I'm not alone with this request.

Guest Richie M
Richie - was I supposed to remove the original alarm http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plug-in first?

Nope, it would of just overwrote it :D

Dunno, why you suffer lock ups tho the new version runs fine in Longhorn M5 and the Alarm _homescreen :?

If i get chance i'll post a CAB for the new version tonight :lol:

(the best way to stop lock-ups i found is to set the _homescreen timeout to never)

Guest Pagemakers

Thanks Richie - you are a star! FYI - When the program installed it did set to Never, but when I changed the alarm time, the phone would just sit there endlessly. I did notice however, that in "Remove Programs", the old alarm plugin was still there - should it be?. I take it the cab you are posting tonight will just be a clickable version of the simple alarm plugin. That would be brilliant.

Thanks.

Guest Richie M
I did notice however, that in "Remove Programs", the old alarm http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plug-in was still there - should it be?.  I take it the cab you are posting tonight will just be a clickable version of the simple alarm http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plug-in.  That would be brilliant.

Thanks.

Yeah, unfortunately it will stay in Remove Programs unless you reinstall it and then uninstall it.

The version i'll post will be the one from Longhorn M5 but changed to show the selection background and text colour as per the Alarm _homescreen :lol:

Guest maxh2003

I think I know why the alarm plug-in can lock a phone. I found that if I hit the alarm plug-in, it automatically goes to the Settings screen, then automatically chooses 8 - Date and Time and automatically hits select.

If at this point you use Done to get all the way out of Settings, it will work fine next time as well. If you press the Home key (thus leaving Settings open), then next time you hit the alarm plug-in, it goes straight to the Date and Time screen, and *not* to the Settings screen. At this point it utterly locks your phone. Could this be because it's waiting for the Settings screen to appear, so that it can "press" 8 for you?

Since I stopped pressing Home to get out of the Date and Time screen and started using Done instead, my phone hasn't locked up at all. At least, not because of the alarm plug-in...

:edit: specifically, the above applies when using the Longhorn M5 skin.

Guest Richie M
I think I know why the alarm plug-in can lock a phone.  I found that if I hit the alarm plug-in, it automatically goes to the Settings screen, then automatically chooses 8 - Date and Time and automatically hits select.

If at this point you use Done to get all the way out of Settings, it will work fine next time as well.  If you press the Home key (thus leaving Settings open), then next time you hit the alarm, it goes straight to the Date and Time screen, and *not* to the Settings screen.  At this point it utterly locks your phone.  Could this be because it's waiting for the Settings screen to appear, so that it can "press" 8 for you?

Since I stopped pressing Home to get out of the Date and Time screen and started using Done instead, my phone hasn't locked up at all.  At least, not because of the alarm ...

:edit: specifically, the above applies when using the Longhorn M5 skin.

Hmm yeah thats one test i hadn't thought of :roll: simple way to stop that is to always use done :D

Er i probably wont have time to bug-fix tonight but i'll look into when i get chance :lol: thanks for pointing it out maxh