DAMN! check this out!!!

Guest Fonefanatik

Guest Richie M

Er it is in English m8, i downloaded it this afternoon.

It's pretty cool, but think the write up about it is pretty missleading, it's yet another visual trick and a very simple one at that - the player is not in the Homescreen as Smartphony suggests it's just a shortcut to WMP that has the same background, also they say its just an MP3 player but obviously it's not cos its WMP :roll:

It is cool tho (and i'm peeved cos i was working on something similar :roll:) and i reckon it stands a good chance of winning ;)

Guest drblow

Richie M -

I hope you are still going to release your skin along this kind of theme?!

I like this one, but would still like to see others like it, or better????

Guest drblow

Actually - I wonder if someone can help me!?

I really like this skin, but I would like the bottom plugin to be calendar - instead of MRU.

The DL from smartphony is a .cab file - and when unzipped, the only .xml is setup.

Can anyone explain how I can change the plugin - if I can??

Guest Richie M

drblow, yeah i'm working on a few things at once :roll: but i'll have something out soon ;)

To edit the Homescreen, you have to install the CAB on the phone, once it's complete browes via Activ Sync to IPSMApplication DataHome in there you'll find sp3.home.xml (i think its called that) that is the XML file that controls the Homescreen layout. Copy it to your PC and edit it in notepad :)

Good luck

Guest drblow

Em... help Richie M!

I have got the sp3.home.xml - but can't see any plugin for MRU!

There is this code -

bgimage="IPSMApplication DataHomesp3_application_on.gif"

valign="bottom"/>

Any ideas how to change this to show calendar??

Guest gradiation

You need to replace it with the tags for the callender, you have the write plugin, now take a look on here for a list of all the other plugins (at the bottom)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....screen.asp?_r=1

then just replace it with the one you need. You may need to play about with text location and colour, but it shouldn't take too long

Guest gradiation

You need to be playing with this one by the looks of things

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{865A354A-4A96-4687-B001-

C155DC0DBE76}" height="40">

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="#2A2CC5"/>

</background>

<label h="16">

<text><subject/></text>

</label>

<label y="17">

<text><time/></text>

</label>

</plugin>

Guest drblow

Gradiation -

Thanks alot for the help! I have got the plugin working, just can't seem to place it correctly.

Here is the code I have used to replace the old code -

>

It shows the plugin OK, but the text always appears at the very left of the screen. Can you help?

Guest drblow

Sorry - I can't seem to paste the code into the message correctly!? Anyway, the bit missing from the middle is for the backgroung image, which works fine - it's just the last part about the text position for calendar that I can't get!!

Guest gradiation

Your first label tag only had a h (height) coordiante, to move it left and right, you'll need to add an x coordinate (x = horizontal position, y= vertical position, h = height, w = width)

eg

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{865A354A-4A96-4687-B001- 

C155DC0DBE76}" height="32"> 

> 

<label h="14" x="20"> 

<text><subject/></text> 

</label> 

<label X="74" y="17"> 

<text><time/></text> 

</label> 

</plugin>

Guest gradiation

If you don't need the hieght tag, you can take it out. you should just need the x= tag, maybe the y if you need to move it down a little.

All coords are based on the top left of the chosen plugin.

Guest drblow

Mmm... sorry to be a pest here, but I just can't seem to move the b**stard off the left of the screen. Time & date appear over the top of subject, both at the left edge of the screen. I thought x was left-right, and y was top-bottom?!? Am I insane?

Here is the code I have -

Guest drblow

:oops: Oh, er... sorry Richie M - no offence there!! ;)

I was reaching out to the first voice of reason, in my world of xml terror - or something like that! :twisted:

Guest Richie M
Am I insane?

;) quite possibly :)

So is that sorted now? or are you still having probs?

(getting positioning can be a right pain in the ass :D)

Guest drblow

;) :)

Although, definitive proof is hard to come by!!

Em... i have now corrected the embarassing error of the quote marks ( :oops: ), but now when I copy the .xml file to IPSM/application data/home - the file doesnt appear in the home screen layout menu??

Seriously, I know I'm an amateur, but, what the f**k am I doing wrong?!

Guest Richie M
:but now when I copy the .xml file to IPSM/application data/home - the file doesnt appear in the home screen layout menu??/quote]

Right, that'll mean there is an error in XML :) the easiest and quickest way to check your code is to open the XML in Internet explorer on your PC, it'll show you the line with the error ;)

Guest drblow

Thanks again Richie M!! That's a good tip for checking errors!

So, now I can get the phone to read the xml again - the plugin text is still appearing at the left tho!

Again - here is the code (this is from the xml file, so I really hope there are no more embarassing mistakes!)