Updated App : SetTones beta 1.0.0.4

Guest Soyale

Guest serialkillazzs

:)

Could soyale or someone show us how to use set tones properly with print screen diagrams for using this application. Can this application recognise a number for a ringtone like the beta callface application/s.
Is there any way even with phm registery editor to remove the inbuilt microsoft tones in order to free up memory.

Also, can someone tell were  to get o2 pay and go original, Gprs/WAP/MMS  manual Settings (genie free text and wap settings) for SPV, or could someone make a program that can automatically transfer all settings, all UK networks to the SPV handset please !!!!!!!!.
:shock:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dylan

HELP!!!!!

I had a good go at making this work on my phone yesterday (after several hashed attempts!). I actually managed to make it work (having the UI helped loads!), having sounds for my ringtone and sms.

I ran the UI, and eventually it said that both were ok.

I rang my phone and the ring tone worked great (tried my 2 faves, intros for can't stop and chop suey! ace!). I couldn't be bothered to ask anyone in work to text me so I assumed that was ok too.

On my way home i recieved a text from my girlfriend and, as expected, my phone made the right noise. However, it kept on repeating the noise and wouldn't stop, even once I'd read the message! I pulled the battery and switched it back on. The noise didn't start again but the text had disappeared!

Anyway, after it happened a second and then third time i decided to delete the SMS file which links to the noise and change my SMS tone to another sound. This didn't stop the problem, again the tone kept repeating until i pulled the battery.

I've fixed this in the short term by having no sound when a text arrives but i've got to do something about this!!! Can anyone help me???

Soyale, any advice???

Guest Soyale

Hi

Can you send me the SMS file you were trying to use and possibly the tone file too (try zipping it up)? Send it to the address in the release notes.

I'm in the process of moving house/job so I probably won't be able to do anything with it for a few days but I promise I'll look at it!

jp

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cthulhu

Been using Settones successfully for ages now, but over the last few days after boot-up I'm getting 'Sound Not Found' for both Ringtone0 and SMS.

If I go to the StartUp folder and run the link, the Sounds are loaded OK.

Anybody else seen this problem ?

Guest Soyale

That's a funny one. I thought version 4 didn't display anything when it booted up. That suggests that the shortcut in your startup folder isn't right. Although it's a poor offering of a solution I'd suggest uninstalling then making sure that there are no shortcuts or copies of the .exe and then reinstalling.

Let me know if that helps.

Guest cthulhu

Hi Soyale, thanks for the info. I thought the status display was one of the new features. (Well I like it!)

I deinstalled SetTones, deleted the shortcut from IPSMWindowsStartup. Reinstalled (the CAB had no version number but it was the one that had been working fine previously) successfully.

Then I took a copy of the exe from Accessories and used it to create a shortcut again in Startup

On boot up the 'Finished' window appeared with '2 tones failed' message, but manually running the shortcut gives me the correct '2 tones updated'.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one running SetTones on Bootup?!

Guest Soyale

The latest version should create all the necessary shortcuts for you (and in fact creates on which uses a flag to make it slient on bootup). I'd download again to be sure but otherwise send me your files and your .wavs and I'll try them out at my end to see if I can repro your problem.

Be aware. I've just started a new job and I'm absolutely slammed at the moment (as Dylan will tell you, still planning to look at your problem dude). In other words, it might take a while.

Guest cthulhu

Cheers, but I don't really think the software is at fault here.

On booting up this morning it worked perfectly, so I'm wondering if it could be due to some delay or timing oddity in the bootup.

Is it possible that SetTones could sometime be activated (via my shortcut)before the registry is initialised!?

Guest Soyale

I had sometimes observed the behaviour that it didn't seem to update properly. I'll take a look over the weekend and see if there's anything I can do to rectify the situation.

Guest oipa

Hi, trying to make SetTones work :

installation is ok, Storage CardSounds....mid,apr is ok

running SetTones reports:

Ringtone0 : OK

1 tones updated

but - the ringtone (on my phone reffered to as "line 1 and ine 2" is (re)set to the first-in-line (i.e. "Alarm1") when SetTones is run, regardless of my previous choice...

What am I doing wrong...

Regards Ola

Guest Soyale

Nothing. The inbuilt application can't display these "hacked in" ringtones so it just shows the default. If you run SetTones and just ring your phone you should find out that the tone has been set properly.

BTW Had a catastrophic VSS failure at the weekend and lost some of the work I'd been doing. Didn't have the heart to do it again right away. Having a mentally busy week again, who knows, I may get time at the weekend to do an update.

jp

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jonix111

Hi guys,

Just would like to ask...have you encountered failure for setting SMS? Ringtone0 worked fine, when I did the same for SMS it doesn't. Further, the text file kept on adding "v" to the end of wav extension (i.e., song.wavv). Tried editing a couple of times, the v just kep coming back.

What could have I done wrong? Here's the text for my SMS...

Storage CardAudiosong.wav

BTW, is this page still up? -->http://www.way2access.net/midnight/?page=tweaks#sounds can't get to it.

To Soyale...thanks a million for the app.

Guest cthulhu

I'd suggest putting a script after the .wav name like this....

Storage CardAudiosong.wav,ap

For ringtones I use ,ap3r to give me a 3 sec pause and repeat, or just ,apr if I don't want the pause.

I seem to remember the phone going potty when I put a repeat on an sms sound - couldn't stop it playing for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest evans-l

Posted from my SmartPhone!

It sounds great !

however i don't have as much access to a pc as i'd like.

Any chance of posting a link where we can download it straight to the spv ?

PS. as for the repeating sms notification sound, you are right. An 'r' in the script will repeat forever. The way I fixed it was to regedit the script back to 'ap'

You wouldn't believe the trouble i had after putting a 'r' in the keypad script !

i keep trying to change the SystemStart tone but after every reboot the tone just gets wiped, is where i am going wrong because the startup only plays midi files because i havent yet tried that (only tried wav)

help plz..

Guest dotdot

8) to smartphone experts,

i just want to ask, do i need to dicertify my phone in order make this SOYALE to work???

also if i copy the ringtone0 from the zip file that i have downloaded do i need to edit what inside that files. or do i have to cre8 my own ringtone0, what software or where should i cre8 it notepad or word?

tnx.....

For anyone having problems with setting up ringtones on storage card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changer Sonneries "v2" is now available from below link.

It allows you to keep all your ringtones on your storage card.

All tones can be set to card. SMS, Alarm, Line1, Line2, Warning tone........

Goto the www.4smartphone.dk for the download and instructions

• 4 weeks later...