SMART (Philippines) users of the Amazing Phone (Tanager)

Guest jabez

Guest Smartphilcon

hi guys.. i wanna sim unlock my SAP. kaya lang .99 ang bootloader ko, would it be advisable to downgrade it to .98? then once unlocked, flash the rom to the newest version again? san ba dinadownload yung bootloaders? thanks

Guest kulepoy

ei, im having problem in inserting pics in the mms compose screen. before, yung mga pics sa sd card ung mga nkalagay, now wala na.. kailangan ko p ilipat s phone ung pic para pede ko mapili. how can i fix that??

thanks..

• 1 month later...
Guest spv_dman
ei, im having problem in inserting pics in the mms compose screen. before, yung mga pics sa sd card ung mga nkalagay, now wala na.. kailangan ko p ilipat s phone ung pic para pede ko mapili. how can i fix that??  

thanks..

It looks like the mms composer default directory for pictures is IPSMMy Documents. As far as I know, there's no option available to change this even in the registry (anyone confirm this). Are you sure you were able to attach pic to mms from your storage card before?

Guest deniselll

maybe i can help... i encountered that same dilemma when I got my sap a few months ago. I even went to the smart center at galleria and the guy there told me that maybe a hard reset will do the trick. after hard resetting my phone, had to sync all my data at my desktop upon getting home but to no avail, it still had the problem.

for those who do not have the sd/mmc card and the pics doesn't show on the mms editor, maybe, you added another folder at your ipsm/my documents and thats where the picture is stored. the mms editor , i think, only detects its pics from the my documents folder only. which means also that yuo cant extract pics using sources like your mmc or sd.... tama ba?

Guest mariolouis

re: attaching pics from the sd card

your storage card folder has a "my documents" subfolder. put your pics in there. that should do it.

it is not helping, i created a "my docs" folder in the sd card but the device can't read as well. The pics must be transferred pa to IPSM to be able to use it for mms.

Guest spv_dman
it is not helping, i created a "my docs" folder in the sd card but the device can't read as well. The pics must be transferred pa to IPSM to be able to use it for mms.

It works! I made a folder named "My Documents" on the SD card and the MMS composer was able to scan through and possible now to insert pics from both IPSM and SD card.

Guest deniselll

in your inbox push MENU and select SHOW FOLDERS. Select SENT ITEMS and you'll fing the failed message you have made before. but when resending it, chose the FORWARD option then place again the contact in the TO: portion. Get it? :)

Guest ecorche

Posted from my SmartPhone! u may delete the picture foldel in the ipsm, in my case wen i creatd the my documents in my sd crd, n selec st0rage card 4 u to able to view the pics wen sending mms

Guest jsaniel1977

ei brdavid! what i do when my sms sending failed, i recover that same sms msg on the sent msgs folder and forward it. then i woudnt have 2 type everythng again. btw. THIS WAS SENT USING MY SMARTPHONE

Guest binky_p
hi, i've read that your post about the Qtek update. Can the t9 config utility work to set back t9 to english instead of the nordic language? How long is the battery life now?

And to those from smart, when is the next Smart Rom update? Will it be incorporate the those in Qtek's? I heard that Orange is already working on their 1.6 rom. is smart doing the same?

I'd really like to have longer battery life, my phone needs to last longer than 24 hours!

And the warranty issue, i'd like to have my keypads replaced before i upgrade to Qtek, aside from chipped off paint on the call buttons, the left soft key is already sinking though still working and it's paint is also chipped. last i called brightpoint, the keypads weren't delivered yet.

thanks guys

posted na to sa ibang thread diba?... :)

Guest dinoalbert

Any Pinoys here who were able to purchase a Piel Frama or Krusell Leather case for the SAP over the internet? I need some advice before buying one :)

note: I know about the alternative cases we can find in greenhills/ cellphone kiosk...but right now Im only interested with these two particular brands that are made exclusively for our SAP

tia

Guest grifter

hmm.. i think the PM case is rather cumbersome to use since you have to open the front flap everytime you want to use the phone. don't get me wrong, i'm all for protecting the front casing of the phone and all, but don't you think it's rather ridiculous to have to open a flap before using the phone? hehe.. opinion ko lang po.

the Krussel case looks ok except for the fact that it reminds me so much of the early leather cases for those AMPS phones (nokia 100, etc.)

and based on the pic, i can't tell if there is a transparent plastic covering the front of the phone. if ever there is, will there be a hole for the joystick?

and oh, another observation -- the SAP gets mighty warm when you use it for a long time, say, playing tennis addict, etc. don't you think putting it inside a leather case can hinder the heat from dissipating?

just m 2 centavos' worth. i maybe wrong ya know. hehe...

cheers!

Guest dinoalbert

youre right. But its the only leather case made for our SAP and what I like in them is the quality at yung pagkagawa , at hindi lang basta basta na mabibili sa mga tiangge :) Saka ang okay sa mga to (both PF and Krusell) ay may swivel belt clip which is very convenient talaga

I have been using Krusell Leather Case for my PocketPC kase.

Btw, the Krusell case has a hole for the joystick. Yung PF naman okay yung cover nya kase may mga bulsa for money and extra SD cards...siguro masasanay ka rin sa pag gamit.

So may nakabili na ba ng ganito? :o

Guest lestat

Hi guys,

i just had my SAP last week and honestly... i know nothing about it... although i have tried reading the threads here.. kaya lang medyo magastos... dial up lang kasi ako... nways, just like to know where i can get ringtones... screensavers... and everything... although there are numbers of ringtones available via gprs... still i'm not satisfied... baka meron din jan sa inyo marunong gumamait ng PHM Registry Editor... got this software from a friend kaya lang di niya naturo kung panu gamitin.. pero i think thru this i can change the OS(!) settings...