SMART (Philippines) users of the Amazing Phone (Tanager)

Guest jabez

:x :x

nabiktima na rin nga si rodnav e. kagagaling lang niya kanina sa BP, palit ng keys. ayun, may remebrance na fingerprint.

the fingerprint is probably what the technician considers as his mark. like the "Z" of zorro. but it's more like when dogs mark their territory... dumb schmucks! :x :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stargirl
if you have 1.5 rom version from Smart, medyo mahirap nayan i-unlock...sana di mo na in-upgrade and instead use the Qtek or Eurotel or iMate update mas maganda pa.

i updated from the smart site din. is there a way to undo this? or patungan na lang ng ibang update?

Guest stargirl
@stargirl

anong ROM version yung naka load sa phone mo ngayon?

last week ko lang binili yung smart phone ko and i noticed that before i "updated" version 1.50. so it was already there to begin with

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

if you will read thru the posts here: http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...r=asc&start=180 ...

sabi ni wolfmann...

when you have the 0.98 bootloader on an SD card at hand, you can just flash your phone with the 0.98 bootloader, SPVunlock, and go directly to Qtek 1.50. You won't need to go through the sap 1.37 upgrade..

Yung situation mo is: you have ROM 1.5 from Smart and you want to 'undo' it or 'patungan' yung current ROM with another ROM? Right? Di kasi basta basta mapatungan yan. Kelangan yung nakalagay na bootloader sayo mag accept ng new ROM.

So the next logical step is to find someone with a 0.98 BL loaded in his/her storage card or if you have a card reader/writer, get a copy of winhex, download the bootloaders here ( http://www.geocities.com/p_zeeadik/093098.zip ) then with a spare SD at hand, write the 0.98 BL sa SD so you have something to flash on your phone. learn more about copying BL here: http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=90189

Para mas madali, hiram ka na lang ng SD na may 0.98 BL.

hope that helps ;)

Guest rodnav

@stargirl

congratulations on your SAP. what exactly would you like to do with your phone. do you want to unlock it? apply another ROM? and as pzee said you'd need to downgrade the bootloader. if you need an SD card with bootloader, and if you're near QC, pm me.

Guest rodnav

@stargirl

congratulations on your SAP. what exactly would you like to do with your phone. do you want to unlock it? apply another ROM? and as pzee said you'd need to downgrade the bootloader. if you need an SD card with bootloader, and if you're near QC, pm me. or just join one of the EB's and i'm sure someone will be very glad to help you.

Guest stargirl
@stargirl

congratulations on your SAP. what exactly would you like to do with your phone. do you want to unlock it? apply another ROM? and as pzee said you'd need to downgrade the bootloader. if you need an SD card with bootloader, and if you're near QC, pm me.

i want to unlock it sana and use another ROM since i learned from here na the one that smart came up with is quite limited. nakakatakot lang kasi mawawala ang warranty. buti sana kung super stable ng SAP. anyway, i'll PM you na lang. thanks so much! ;)

Guest sonborj

@stargirl

if yours is a bootloader 1.05, doable pa ang unlock. if thats the newest release bootloader 1.09 , mahirap . sorry, hindi mahirap, 'imposible' as of this moment. marami pang wizard na forum mates naghahanap ng paraan... after downgrading to bootloader .98, you can then unlock , then upgrade to Qtex ROM 1.5 . You need SD. For detailed steps, see the topic on unlocking the SAP.

Guest rodnav

@stargirl

if ever you plan on sending your unit for warranty repair, you could always intall the 1.50 ROM again and it will lock your phone back to smart.

Guest chibako
@stargirl

if ever you plan on sending your unit for warranty repair, you could always intall the 1.50 ROM again and it will lock your phone back to smart.

and sometimes nakakalusot din naman sa brightpoint e (dimwit point). like what happened to ML, he was using the Qtek ROM when he brought his SAP to BP for his keypad replacement. :D sinabi nya na microsoft din naman yun e. bakit meron kayang linux sa smartphone? hehehe! ;)

Guest chibako
The point is -- unless your http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock your SAP, it should still be covered by warranty no matter what the ROM version is.

correct! I remember now, the only thing the CS asked about my sap is if it was sim unlocked. she didn't even bother to ask about my ROM version...

@kap, malamang sinindak lang talaga ni ML yung receptionist ng BP! hehehe! ;)