How to SIM UNLOCK the SAP and make it open line

Guest BizMaster

Guest BizMaster

Hi there,

I've read on some post that some people managed to sim unlock their Smart Phones for use with other networks.

Question: Did you guys do it yourselves or had it unlocked by somebodyelse? How? Where? and What software?

I tried the SIM Unlocking software readily downloadable from other sites but can't seem to make it work. :cry:

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

Guest dinoalbert

I saw a mate unock his phone by just simply following the procedure..it will only take about 10 minutes. Check this website:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/other-networks.htm

better follow the "real way"

The "Real" Way

If you want to completely unlock your phone from the network then try downloading this link http://lifeetc.org/unlock.php . It's nothing to do with me, but the info is now in the public domain so here it is.

I have no info on this procedure, other than the fact you have to turn the "radio" functions back on after (hit power-button once, then chose "Radio On", then enter code as mentioned in program above).

The "Quick" Way

Aswell as that, if you HAVEN'T done the recent update (which appears to have sorted thi) there is an unfortunately easy way to get your phone working on other mobile networks such as o2, Vodafone, Virgin, T-mobile etc. The phone comes as Triband too, so in theory this should work elsewhere. I haven't tried this either, so mail me with your experiences. To fully unlock your phone properly - call Orange, who will happily unlock it for you... so I've been told.

This is how to get any SIM card working on the SPV:-

1) Insert the power adapter that was recieved with the SPV into the phone

(don't put it in the cradle - use the cable adaptor doobery)

2) Remove the Battery - The SPV should stay on.

3) Remove the Orange SIM and replace it with another networks' SIM card.

4) Replace the battery and remove the power adapter.

After about 2 minutes the phone should switch from Orange to the new network. If it doesn't make sure you check that ....

Programs->Settings->Telephony->Networks->

.. is set to "AUTOMATIC".

Some stuff may not work after you've done this - the most obvious being SMS texting. You will be able to receive, but not send - why ? Well, you're using the wrong SMS centre number ain't ya?

You need to go to:

Programs> Call Options>

...and change the 'SMS service Centre' number to that for the network you wish to use (Voda, 02, etc etc).

Remember that when you turn the phone off or reboot then the phone will throw a wobbly and (unfortunately), it will still be blocked so you will need to do the entire process again.

Guest dinoalbert

Here's the unlocking method (Pls be reminded that when you unlock your Smartphone, you will lose its warranty..although SMART may or may not know if it was unlocked :

http://lifeetc.org/unlock.php

First of all, let me explain the SPV unlock program.

This little application will Sim Unlock your Orange SPV so that it can be used on any network. The phone is tri-band, so theoretically it can be used on any network, anywhere in the world after going through this unlock sequence. As far as I am aware, there is no way that this can damage your phone as it does not write anything to the phone, it simply collects data from the phone that you are not strictly supposed to know. (The unlock code programmed into the ROM)

But, all the usual rules apply, if this thing knackers your phone I'm not responsible as I did not make it, I am merely distributing something which I have used myself and has been used by many others with no apparent problems. I will not provide support.

Please use MoDaCo or another SPV forum site to request help.

Download SPVUnlock.zip http://lifeetc.org/spvunlock.zip

Rite, here we go.

Instructions for using the SPV Unlock program.

1) Switch off your phone.

2) Take out the SD Card from the side of the phone.

3) When the phone is off, press down the "record" (the button under the power button) and the power button at the same time and hold for a few seconds.

4) You will be prompted to "press any key to enter bootloader", do so and press any key.

5) You are now at the famous "Canary" screen (hopefully) where there are 3 coloured bars. Pop your SPV into the USB Cradle.

6) On your computer, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and close the program "WCESCOMM" or "WCESCOMM.exe". The Activesync icon should disappear from the clock tray.

7) Now run the SPVUnlock program. You should get a "Retrieving SPV Unlock Code : 0%" message. Incrimenting to 33%, 66% then finally 100%.

8) It will now display your unlocking code. Write this down, or keep it on the screen.

9) Take the battery off your phone. Then pop in a sim card from another network (Virgin, Vodafone, T-Mobile etc.) Put the battery back on and turn the phone on.

10) The phone should then, after a second or a minute or so ask you for an unlocking code. Enter the code that the program gave you.

11) Voila! You should see a screen saying

"Info"

"Phone Unlocked"

And thats it, you can now use your phone when you want on any network without having to do any type of battery trick, just pop it in and take it out whenever you feel like

Guest BizMaster

Thank you so much for the step by step instructions, I finally got it right! It is the canary mode that I did not know how to access. I'm sure other folks here would find your detailed instructions handy, as I did. :)

One other thing, sobrang bilis mag low batt itong smart phone. Maglaro lang ako ng game eh 4 hours tops lang ang fully charged battery! Not a good way of killing time like the snake game of the nokia before. It doesn't reach a full day either even if you just make some calls and texts. Anyways, as the saying goes, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Thanks again!

Guest dinoalbert

of course you cant not compare the boring Nokia Snake game with Smartphones, do you? If you try to play Snails or Motocross Stunt Racer, Interstellar Flames or Tennis Addict or Toki Tori on a Nokia (given its possible) ....still the Nokia's is no match 8)

Consider the color graphix, bright display, color, sound of the Smartphone to that of a Nokia. 8)

my two cents...

peace...

Guest jelicano

For those of you brave enough to unlock you SAV's then you might want to do this minor Mod on you data cable so you wouldnt have to use the charger and charge directly from your PC.

Remove the 2 screws on the connector that connects to the phone. Inside you will see 3 red wires. you need to short or solder a jumper between the the 2 red wires that are on the same side. The other red wire is already shorted internally ( the 2 that are facing each other on the very edges ). You only need to short the red wire in the middle to any of the 2 red wires that or on the edges.

NOTE: Makes sure you cover any exposed wires from these red wires or jumpers as the metal protectors are grounded for shielding.

Also try to find a rubber cover to cover up the socket where the charger used to plug in... this is now a live +5v inside and if something mettalic shorts the ring to the nipple inside, it might blow a very small fuse protecting your USB ports :shock: . Though Ive tried it wla naman nangyari, but I wouldn't risk a second time...

Also since I had my SAV my battery state only goes up to 99% displayed by SP Task Manager. After this Mod it goes all the way to 100%

Try it out and enjoy one less cable to attach

Guest dinoalbert

jelicano, may I ask where you got this info? Have you discovered it yourself or you read it from somewhere? Can you post a link?

actually unlocking the Smartphone only uses a software...but not as daring as this.... hardware na kase ang kakalikutin mo dito eh.

BTW, I saw at Games and Gadgets (Greenhills Theatre Mall) this retractable synch charger for the O2 XDA....pocketable charger/synch cable that can also be used with the Tanager so you wont nedd to bring that bulky synch and charger cable for your phone.

cost less than P2K

Guest jelicano

Finally got around to unlocking my SAV, had to borrow an XP computer to do this.. All I need now is to copy Globe GPRS IP settings.. :)

Anyway re: USB charger... There are a lot of devices that uses power directly from the USB port. These ports can supply up to 2amperes of +5v per port. our SAV charger only supplies 1ampere at +5v. So kayang kaya ng PC supplayan yung phone.

There are no links for this modification, I always do hardware modifications on my phones, but I know Orange sells a USB cable /charger in their accessories catalog. this is essentially what they have done, but they went the extra mile and removed the socket where the charger used to plug into. Like I said this is now an exposed socket of the +5V of your PC, I used the rubber antenna plug of the Nokia 6210 to cover this up.

if you are afraid to do this, you can bring it to any person in Greenhills or Greenbelt that installs backlights, and show them my instructions... maybe they'll charge you 50pesos for this as it is really easy if you arehandy with a soldering iron.

Good luck

Guest jologs
pare naiintindihan mo ba yung link na yun??? out of this world ah hehehe

yup naintindihan ko sinundan ko lng un tpos na unlock ko na...

Guest jologs

Create GPRS connection. (Internet connection to non WAP sites)

Description: Globe GPRS

Connects to: The Internet

Access point: internet.globe.com.ph

User name: (blank)

Password: (blank)

Primary DNS: 203.127.225.10

Secondary DNS: 203.127.225.11

IP address: (blank)

Create GPRS connection. (Internet connection to WAP sites)

Description: Globe WAP

Connects to: The Internet

Access point: www.globe.com.ph

User name: (blank)

Password: (blank)

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

IP address: (blank)

Guest jabonga

guys,

help naman pwede bang gamiting pang send ng mms ung amzing phone gamit globe? paano setting pls teach me step by step kasi newbie lang ako.... pls pls help tnx po

Guest tiki

Hi there!!!

im a smart user here in manila and i want to unlock my tanager so that i can use my globe sim card. i tried using the unlock program and followed all the steps properly. but when it comes to retrieving the code and when it reaches 66% it aborts.

what should i do?

in the canary mode its ver.99, does this have to do with the unlocking? if so what steps should i make?

Help please!!!!

thanks!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest kryz2per

Mga Pre,

HELP NMAN O

I did your steps, the one provided at (http://lifeetc.org/unlock.php) but when i run the SPVUnlock.exe the process goes to 66% then an error message appears.

Prior to an attempt to sim unlock my sap, i upgraded its program byu downloding the upgrade at smart.com.ph. i notice that when i go to ABOUT my ROM update version is 1.5.0.28. this is for operator, manufacturer and language.

Another thing is when i enter the bootloader screen, i notice that my CANARY version is now 1.04. is there any way or tips that can make my phone capable of using other sim cards?

Your help on this will be greatly appreciated. :) thankx sa inyo mga dude