3gp player

Guest v_patel1

Guest midnight

trying to receive video taken with a 3650 are we?

you could try renaming 3gp to mp4 and hope that pocketmvp plays it if yer lucky

Guest midnight

oh, hehe, you werent the guys who jumped off that building and missed the pool where ya? i'd love to say that was unfortunate, but it was funny as hell, i dont feel sorry at all for idiots like that

anyway, you could use a pc to convert the file, 3gp is essentially mp4, so renaming it should work (i think) and then even if pocketmvp doesnt play it, it should be easy enough to convetr mp4 to divx (avi)

Guest Chic0

My mate has got a 7650 and we used that to record some silly things on video. We want to convert them to mpg so he can take them off his phone and keep them on PC.

When i was downloading the video player update for his phone from Nokia site, i remember seeing software there for the PC. Its basically a Nokia Media Centre type thing where you can play 3gp files on. Cant remember exactly where about on the site i saw this though but it's somewhere on there.

Guest The PocketTV Team
Anyone tried to play 3gp with PocketTV?

Is there any 3gp sample videos to download to do some tests with?

Caio

PocketTV will only play MPEG-1 movie files (.mpg or .mpeg files).

Guest Simon Desser

I can't test it cos I don't have any 3gp files, but I reckon this will work. Rename the files on your PC as .mp4. Use VirtualDub to save them as divx files. Transfer them back to your phone and play them with PocketMVP.

If you're trying to do it without the use of a PC then I don't know :?:

(By the way, mp4's should play back on your PC with later versions of Quicktime.)

Guest spacemonkey

Anyone want to post a 3gp clip so we can all have a try? If 3gp is true mpeg 4 and it's not playing in PocketMVP it could be a FourCC code problem.

All media streams are tagged with a 4 character code that tells any player what to play them in, so for MPEG 4 you actually have a whole list of codes such as DIVX, XVID, MPG4, etc. Now what I'm thinking is it may just have a new code that pocketmvp doesn't recognise, changing this code in the file (or adding it to pocketmvp) might work...

Guest malloc

I think 3gp is using an ISO MPEG stream file container, unfortunatly

PocketMvp won't be able to open it, as it reads only AVI and OGM files

for divx/xvid codecs... :?

malloc

• 8 months later...
Guest acidrayner

O know this thread was last posted to ages ago, but just FYI, 3gp files work on media player, well at least on the E200 anyway, although not on an original SPV (not sure if te 1.6 update solves this??)