3gp player

Guest v_patel1

they should as they gain major contract with Orange group...

otherwise, Emblaze www.emblaze.com should have such a player...

if many people will need it I can call some people at Emblaze and maybe get a good deal on it...

I saw it it works fine 3GPP compliant including HTTP progressive download and many more... let me know

Guest The PocketTV Team
the pv player is on the smartphone and free as far as i can tell,i have version 3.3 build 108 :wink:  :wink:

Not on *all* Smartphones.

Only on Orange Smartphones. That's because Orange have a deal with PacketVideo.

i dont know that one myself i have the player and as far as i can tell its free as there is nowhere to put a serial code in its the same as that orange player it opens and thats it ,shame pocket tv cannot play these files or maybe that will come :wink: :wink: :wink:

You can convert mpeg/avi to 3gp with Nokia Mutlimedian Converter so that they will work on a mobile.

This means that when it's on your phone you can send it via MMS to another phone.

Guest roozbeh

i tried that application on e100 but is is really slow.....i get refreshed in a clip every 15sec.....i dont think e200 cpu is much faster(if not same)than e100....is this happened for you or not?

The packetvideo player looks pretty good. It also plays mp4 audio files created by Quicktime that sound great, but it has very limited functionality.

The Orange Media Player also plays mp4s but again has no playlist support and will only look for files in the IPSM on my mpx200. No way to specify the storage card as the location for files.

I'm wondering if there are any 3gp/mp4 players in the pipeline that have playlist support and are designed for playing local content as well as streams?? EQ functions would also be nice, but not likely....

Works fine on the E200, no reduction in speed what-so-ever.

I have several media convertors; so I can pretty much convert anything to anything now.

For example I convert a windows media video, quicktime or realplayer file to avi/mpeg then use Nokia Media Convertor to convert it to 3gp.

It reduces the size of the file as well too, which is quite useful too.

Guest shadamehr
It reduces the size of the file as well too, which is quite useful too.

Because the 3gp format is a very low quality format designed for mobile transport, as I am sure you now know from the extremely limited bitrate, and audio sampling rate settings you can go up to in Nokia Multimedia Convertor.

Thus 3gp really does what it 'says on the tin' in that it is only of use for sending jerky video clips from mobile to mobile.

I say this as someone who has boatloads of mpeg files resized for my e200, and the equivalent batch done at the highest possible settings of Nokia Convertor, for my girlfriend's N-Gages, and the difference is such that a blind/deaf man could tell.

Quicktime Pro (which will also let you export in 3gp format) will allow MUCH higher quality settings.

But of course, they then do not work on the phone (the N-gage/Nokias I mean), as they are too high a setting for Real Player to handle on the N-Gage.

Guest shadamehr
is E200 cpu faster than e100?

Nope - same.

But E200 has double available memory, so this helps a lot, by all accounts...?

As well as Smartphone 2003 being faster and more efficient to SmartPhone 2002 operating system?