Photo

How long (seconds) can a wav ringtone be??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

gizmoy2k

gizmoy2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi,
Still waiting on my SPV to get here :)

In the mean time i thought i make some wav files for ringtones and texts. I was just wondering what the max length in seconds of the ring tone can be before the ringtone loops back to the beginning.

Thanks for any comments
Gizmo

Brody

Brody

www.MSMobileNews.com Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts
It'll only loop once it is completed so in theory you can have a never ending wav but i think i'm right in saying that the answer phone kicks in after about 30 seconds so any longer than that is pointless!
On another note, to get your ringtones to loop properly (ie no pause between ending and starting again) refer to Midnight's site found here, u'll need PHM's regedit software that can also be found on Midnight's site under miscsoftware.
Hope this answers your question!

Posted Image

gizmoy2k

gizmoy2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
thanks for that, i forgot to ask is there any particular format that i have to change the wav files to, for example sample rate, kHz. mono stero etc??

thanks again

Brody

Brody

www.MSMobileNews.com Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts
No issues with format, a word of warning though, large files will not loop as well as they take a fraction of a second to load, your better off with small files (ie lower quality). Experimentation is the key, its a trade off between quality and size!
Enjoy!

Posted Image

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
I believe the files actually have to be 16khz 8bit mono (no point in stereo really :)) for them to work well as ringtones...

I still exist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users