Reload Skin

Guest midnight

Guest Richie M
How can I remove/uninstall this skin? 

I have already changed my skin to the default Full Layout and changed the non-standard screen skins...then when I uninstall Reload, it gives me an error message saying "Midnight & Richie M Reload could not be removed from your phone"

Yep, thats because you used an old version to install it, unfortunately it was found that if there is a "&" in the Author or Product name the Smartphone OS is unable to recognise it, even tho it installs ok, it cannot see it to uninstall :? Another undocumented Microsoft "feature" :roll:

Unfortunately, the only way round this is to manually delete the Reload if you want to remove it, or reinstall it with the current version and then uninstall - but this will leave the original entry in the Remove Program list :)

Guest gradiation
:idea: just worked out why some people my be having problems with WMP skin :)

I bet you have previously installed a theme with a custom WMP Skin, right ?

I guess what has happened is that a previuos skin has overwritten the skin filename in registry - 

which is meant to stay at the default value "wmplayer.skn" :roll:

Therefore you have two options, uninstall the rouge theme before installing Reload or change the following reg key;

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows Media Player 8Parameters

Value; SkinFile should be wmplayer.skn

This is not a fault of the Reload installer or skin, it is poor implementation of another skin, 

as 99% of WMP skins use the default skin name as this shouldnt need changing

I changed the name of it in mine which could have casued the problem for people.

However why say it is a poor implementation of another skin when there are no guidelines for designing this stuff.

Guest drblow

I tried editing the MRU backgroung bmp in this skin (basically I prefer blue on the home screen, so have just slightly modified the images to blue background) but the bmp I create is still the same as the original. :x

I'm using macromedia firworks - creating a png file from the original bmp - modifying colour - then saving as bmp (tried both bmp 8 & 24).

Anybody have a clue why this is & how I can make it do what I want??

P.S. Any response on the missed calls plugin also?? :wink:

Guest midnight

err, missed call plugin i may do tomorrow if i get time (still got my new website to do yet)

As for the colours, i have been using jpg's not bmp's maybe thats your problem?

Guest drblow
err, missed call http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plug-in i may do tomorrow if i get time (still got my new website to do yet)

As for the colours, i have been using jpg's not bmp's maybe thats your problem?

Nice one! Missed calls would be great. :)

As for the image - I mean the background for the actual mru icons - reload_mru.bmp - know what I mean?? At least, I thought thats what I extracted from the home folder after installing the skin??

Guest tooney

Fantastic looking skin m8. Only problem I found (after I sussed the media player skin name in regedit) is that when playing a video it cuts out part of the file name/bit rate at the top? Dunno if anyone else is getting this...maybe it's just something I did.

Guest Speedy

Midnight / Richie M

What about my comment on the alarm plugin? Could you integrate that on the home screen?

And could you perhaps make a skin just like it exchanging the orange with blue perhaps?

Am i asking too much??

Love your work!!!

:) :(

Guest midnight

the problem is, fitting it in, there is nowhere on the screen to fit the alarm plugin, i have been asked if i can fit in the all day event aswell, and the carrier, and the missed calls, hehe, theres only so much room on one single screen (which is the whole point of the skin really, keeps it nice and simple). However, I may do a special version, where the sms/email/mms are in a straight line, this will give me more room for extra plugins, but, i did have another skin planned, and also i am working on a completely brand new version of my website, so i'll get to it when i can.

As for colours, i was planning on doing 4 different versions, orange, green, blue and black (all choosable from within the installer). Again, you'll just have to wait really.

Guest Speedy

Appreciate your reply midnight

I know that if everybody got their way it would not make any sense. I love the simple skins (which is why i just switched from xbox for the first time)

Will be looking forward to the different colour ones.

Great work.

I wish i knew how to do xml then i could to the alarm plugin myself.

:)

Guest drblow

I tried to add the missed calls plugin myself (surely it doesnt take up any room on the home screen - I copied it from another skin [sp3] & it has height set at "200"??). I was hoping that the missed calls image from the sp3 skin would just show up, but I got this error in the xml which I couldn't figure out -

End tag 'plugin' does not match the start tag 'home'.

Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/

/Desktop/reload/reload0C.home.xml'. Line 50, Position 3

--^

The missed calls plugin worked fine in the sp3 skin, and was copied directly from there to this reload xml ...

Help!! :x

Code attatched if anyone fancies having a look... :wink:

EDIT _ P.S. Yes, I know there are 2 attatchments, but I couldn't figure out how to remove one?!?

reload0C.home.zip

reload0C.home.zip

Guest Speedy

Richie;

I have been following the alarmplugin thread.

I would love to be able to do the xml thing my self, but i have no idea where to begin.

If you could incorporate it into the skin it would be great.

Guest celsol
End tag 'http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plug-in' does not match the start tag 'home'.

Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/

/Desktop/reload/reload0C.home.xml'. Line 50, Position 3 

Code attatched if anyone fancies having a look... :wink:

Drblow move the "" under the to the end of the missed call plugin so it appears as below.

</scheme>

<plugin clsid="{0BA8ABB8-1F1D-417f-88C6-DA8530E2E7A6}" name="missedcalls" height="200">

<format state="nocall" visible="false"/>

<background b-border-width="0">

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="IPSMApplication DataHomesp3_missed.jpg"/>

</background> 

<label x="110" y="144" font-weight="bold" font-size="14" >

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent"/>

<text><calls/></text> 

</label>

</plugin>

Guest celsol
i have been asked if i can fit in the all day event aswell, and the carrier, and the missed calls, hehe, theres only so much room on one single screen.

Midnight, how about 'same theme' popups for the Missed calls and Allday events as Drblow suggests?

something like below.

Great installer BTW.

reloal.jpg

Guest drblow

:) Cheers Celsol!! At least the xml opens in IE now! Have to get off the pc modem before I can phone myself to check if it works!

I copied that plugin code directly from your skin sp3, and thought I had pasted it into the reload xml in exactly the same place - how come it didn't work?? What function does the "" have?

Guest midnight

what the hell, oh, good, will you guys leave my skin alone?, i am being asked to modify it, i've started modifying it (as i mentioned), and then you keep messing around with it, dr blow, as mentioned on irc, i've started work on the missed calls, i was gonna also do the rest of the mods, dont think i can be bothered now

Guest drblow

& yes indeed - it works a treat!! Once again Celsol - you da Man!! :wink:

So I'm happy now I got me missed call plugin!! Now then, where's that message plugin, I'm sure I wanted to see Voicemail on there too ... :)

I feel terrible with all these guys doing hours of sterling work on skins only for me to b**tardize them just for my own petty quirks!! :(

Still, it's alot of fun!! 8)

Keep on doin' what ya doin' !

Guest tomesy

OK - is this me or does Windows Media Player stop whenever you press the home screen once this skin set is installed?

Ie. I cant listen to music and browse the web too!!

(When I installed it, I only installed the home screen if this makes a difference)

Guest Richie M
OK - is this me or does Windows Media Player stop whenever you press the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen once this skin set is installed?    

Ie.  I cant listen to music and browse the web too!!

(When I installed it, I only installed the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen if this makes a difference)

Nope, m8 nothing to do with the skin, make sure you have "Background play" selected in your WMP settings :)

Guest celsol
what the hell, oh, good, will you guys leave my skin alone?, i am being asked to modify it, i've started modifying it (as i mentioned), and then you keep messing around with it, dr blow, as mentioned on irc, i've started work on the missed calls, i was gonna also do the rest of the mods, dont think i can be bothered now

Did not mean to offend you Midnight :)

it was just a suggestion for you and some help for someone who asked, not trying to mess with it, will leave well alone, sorry

Guest midnight

no worries, it was just getting to me yesterday, only done 2 skins and already both have been butchered.

i wouldnt mind if i said i had no plans to add the extra plugins/functions, but i said i was working on it (on both), i guess some people are just too impatient as to wait for me to fix them (by the way, reload1.3 should be out today, includes carrier, all day event and missed call, and tweaked gfx, i'll also fix the media player when playing movies so it doesnt cut off the text etc.