Ringtones on SD Card Profile vmail added by Saif

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

Here is a solution to the Ringtones on SD card problem.

Attached is a zip file containing a replacement Normal profile, simply copy this file into IPSMApplication DataProfiles

and when you Edit the profile you will notice several new edit boxes, I have defaulted all of these to Storage Card so you can add your own folder names and file names onto the end.

In the Notification section you will notice 2 of these boxes, the first is for the SMS notification, the second is for E-mail.

UPDATE: see here for update by Saif to include VMail notification.

Enjoy!

Normal.zip

Guest caio1

Great work!!

However I think the file goes to "IPSMApplication DataProfiles" not "Home"...

And maybe you can also add a "VoiceMail" sound parm after sms and mail.

Another thing: I noticed that when battery is very low (led flashes red) the SD card isn't read anymore to save power. In this evenience custom ringtones aren't read anymore and default ones will be used by the phone :)

Caio

Guest midnight

oops, yeh, profiles

i wanted to keep the number of editable fields down, but if more people request voicemail, i can add it

Guest midnight

as for the low power, thats perhaps a good thing anyway, as i would think wavs would use more battery power than the default ringers

Guest caio1

Obviously an app to create new custom profile with custom ringtone (using the registry modification you showed in another topic) would be great....

Caio

Guest Soyale

My SetTones app (see software section) goes some way toward achieving that and also helps handle lower power by allowing you to easily reset the ringtones when the system defaults to the standard ones.

jp

Guest chocobogo

Midnite! Ur the daddy!

Couple of questions:

1. Could you implement a file searcher like SmartExplorer to search for the wav files u want to use.

2. Could you create a "Docked" profile so that when the phone is in the cradle it doesnt vibrate and the backlight stays on etc.

I understand these may not be easy things to do, just wondered if it were possible?

Guest midnight

caio1, possible, but it would have to be a pc app (my knowledge of coding for smartphone is currently limited)

Soyale, this is a very different solution to yours, and this solution also switches to default tones under low power.

Chocobogo, question 1, looking into something like that, but using the current solution, its not possible.

Question 2, again, using current solution not possible cos MS dont have a standard xml file for a cradle profile (as far as i know). I could create a profile, but, you would have to manually select it, which kind of defeats theo object. :)

Guest caio1

I think there should be somewhere in registry a place where it states to look for custom ringtones in "IPSMApplication DataSounds". If someone finds where it would be possible to change it to "Storage CardSounds" and it would help for profile's ringtones and even contacts' custom ringtones...

what do you think? would it be possible?

Caio

Guest midnight

errr, this does change the registry for ringtone0, contacts ringtones arent stored in the reg, they are stored in the contacts udb

Guest caio1

Yes I know, but when you want to choose a contact's ringtone the phone displays a list containing default smartphone sounds and waves/midis found in IPSMApplication DataSounds.

Now if there would be a way to tell the phone to show instead of that folder one we like (i.e. Storage CardSounds) I think it would be perfect. I hope it's somewhere in the registry...

Caio

Guest titowsky

Ehm...I'm sorry ... I substituted the original normal.prof with your file and now I cannot edit the normal profile :cry:

When I choose "edit" on normal profile nothing happens.

(and unfortunately I deleted the original file,what can I do?)

Thank you :)

Guest midnight

to revert back, just select the normal profile, menu>reset to defaults

oh, and dont worry, you can always just delete the file you copied across aswell

Guest celeborn

i would REALLY like it if all my profiles where editable like this!!

also it would be great to be able to appoint any ringtone..

so also to voicemail and all that...

so...

anyway feels like creating that?

hjehehe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Razor

how can i uninstall this midnight?

its conflicting with my software ia caller id

thanks

by the way i cant get in the site it says my ip is banned

Guest midnight

if you wanna remove it either, just go to profiles, select Normal and then Menu>Reset to Default, or, just browse to IPSMApplication DataProfiles and delete Normal.prof.xml

still dunno how it could possibly interfere with IA caller id though, this isnt really doing anythuing that settings>sounds can do except give you an edit field, but it is only changing the one registry setting, very strange indeed.

Guest SUKY

I have copyed the file into

IPMSapplication dataprofiles

Edit the file on Normal profile..e.g

storage cardring tones50.wav

:cry: :cry:

do i have to edit reg edit too..

Guest midnight

nope, no regedit required (thats the main reason for creating this), but make sure that the path and file names have the correct case (ie capitals etc) and that the path has a preceding backslash

eg...

Storage Cardring tones50.wav

other than that, err, dunno