SOLUTION: How to assign VoiceRec button to apps!

Guest madu

Guest madu

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May we proudly present you with that you've all been waiting for so looong, give it up for theeeeeee VoiceRecButton!! [applause]. :)

Please note that this is a Registry tweak and can mess your phone. Only apply if aware of what you're doing.

Now, to the point:

- Open registry, goto

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSTNOTES
- Rename value "1" to something like 'backup' or 'tmp'

- Create new String value (REG_SZ), name it "1" (without "" o'course)

- Now, in Value Data you can enter a path to any *.exe (ONLY .exe files!!) in the format:

"IPSMProgram FilesBinarysSP Task Mgr ENsptaskmgr.exe" (WITH "" at start/end of link!!)

NOTE: Files in Windows can be referenced just by filename (no path, no quotes) ie tmail.exe (for Inbox).

NOTE2: I have not tried it with files on SD card, but I don't see why there would be a problem with that.

IMPORTANT: Your Voice Notes link in Programs menu will NOT work after the tweak. To fix, open notepad and type this in:

22#:MSPOUTLOOK notes?windowsoutres.dll,-10500

Save file as Notes.lnk and copy/overwrite the one in Start Menu. I suggest you backup the original.

BUG (ish): If "All Notes" is running in memory then it will default the button to bring All Notes to foreground. It does NOT reset registry to defaults and as soon as you exit All Notes with Task Manager your settings will work.

ENJOY!

madu :(

Guest caio1

I overwrite the "Voice Notes.lnk" with one text file wiht:

but it always open the TaskManager which is associated to the VoiceRec button...

Are you sure it should work?

Caio

Guest madu

Absolutely. My shortcut is called "Notes.lnk" (not Voice Notes..) with the following string:

Try this string and see if it works

22#:MSPOUTLOOK notes

Guest caio1

I think I did confuse Voicemail.lnk and Notes.lnk...

Could you post me both links just to have everything working fine... thank you a lot. sorry for that.

Caio

Guest Saif

howdy doody...

quick question....

which Reg setting is it to change the location of the wav file which is recorded by the voice record button? Want to store the recorded file on the memory card as default...

any suggestions would be appreciated...

very nice for recording lectures/meetings etc...

• 1 month later...
Guest Coucou

Just tried linking it to a program on the storage card but i get the message

"Can't find "Storage" (or one of it's components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." :)

Any suggestions? I did use Storage CardProgram Files etc. but it doesn't seem to want to do it.

Guest Coucou

thanks for that! i thought the quotation marks were quoting the path - not part of it.

ah well, you live and learn. i'll pick a few brains from this forum, well i already have, wish i could do more at the forthcoming meet but i have slightly more important things on. to bring in a third thread, the app i've assigned to the memo button is voice recognition. useless if you need to hit three buttons beforehand but ok when you just hit one.

Guest fraser

I finally got around to doing this...very very impressed.

I've got the voice record button firing up "IA Camera.exe" (on the storage card), so now the phone makes a perfectly usable digital camera. Before it was a pain because it was cumbersome start up the application. Now, one press, wait 5 secs and you are ready to go!

Thanks!!!!

Guest Krille

Yes works fine, but just once. :-( Pushing button the second time, when the application ("Calendar.exe") has started, just results in some secs of waiting cursor, but the application does not come to foreground. Any hints?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent !

I assigned it to the Speaking Clock cuz I am a lazy ba$t :)

BTW, whats the Voice Recognition thingy mentioned earlier in this thread ?

I didnt think the SmartPhones supported VR ? (I didnt think the SPV supported it ?)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thornton

I failed to back up the original version of value "1" under

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSTNOTES
I would like to be able to reassign the VoiceRecButton to its original use - i.e. voice recording. Do you by any chance know what the original contents of that value were?

Thanks in advance...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May we proudly present you with that you've all been waiting for so looong, give it up for theeeeeee VoiceRecButton!! [applause]. :)

Please note that this is a Registry http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak and can mess your phone. Only apply if aware of what you're doing.

Now, to the point:

- Open registry, goto

- Rename value "1" to something like 'backup' or 'tmp'