They're getting weirder!

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

I know none of us here ever drive whilst using the phone!! :) , but IF you did with this one, you'd have to steer with your knees ;)

Guest Syvwlch

My dream phone has no keypad at all.

I request, by voice, to talk to someone and it finds them for me, in local contacts or yellow pages. It then selects, of the available message media, the one that is most appropriate, and off I go communicating.

Dialing phone numbers is like entering ICQ numbers everytime you want to chat with someone... daft.

Guest ClintEastman

Well, maybe I was a bit flippant, but I have seen it running and it really is great!

The website has almost nil content on it.

Guest Syvwlch

Well... perhaps all I really need is a trillian client on the phone, with a voice-operated interface. When communicating by voice, use VoIP. With a good front-end that included search capabilities on net-based directories... I'd be all set.

I can't wait to be in a position to buy a Data-Only SIM from a telco, and just get a bulk by-the-MB bill, or maybe even a all-you-can-eat deal like on Broadband.

Guest ClintEastman
I can't wait to be in a position to buy a Data-Only SIM from a telco, and just get a bulk by-the-MB bill, or maybe even a all-you-can-eat deal like on Broadband.

Can't be to far off now!

On a side note did you know the SmartPhone platform supports links to phone numbers?

EG Phone Me

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yeah, that was one of the selling points of the SP platform. "Full html browsing with phone integration. See a pizza delivery site? Browse to the phone number page, select the number (automatically hyperlinked) and click action, you'll then be asked if you want to call it", etc.

Try it, its works :)

Oh and this phone has been covered before btw....

Guest ClintEastman
Oh and this phone has been covered before btw....

Yeh i know that, couldn't be arsed being flamed for pointing it out! :wink:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Hehe, well i've only dropped in to have another quick check theres no trouble. I've read just a few posting in OT and theres some good, honest discussion going on, a refreshing change after the past few days. Keep it up people :)

Guest awarner [MVP]
How about spraying your SPV in chamelion colours ( like TVR's) that would be cool :)

like the nokia 7110? now that was a phone ;)

but that's another story