SMART Amazing Phone Users forum with SMART - May 24

Guest ppcsurfr

Guest mapaman
smart's local support for the sap really bites big chunks.

I still can't find a bloody handsfree headset for mine.

they don't have it in mega, podium or in virra.

I have to go to rufino towers pa ata... and thats not even guaranteed

actually it's in SMART Tower, which is across the street from Rufino tower. I got mine there last Sat, together with another SAP user (we both just came from the user forum). Price was 450p. I'm very satisfied with it, it has a built-in switch for answering calls, plus a volume slider.

Guest rodnav

i got my SAP yesterday. the reformatting was for the radio version not the ROM version as i had first thought. it's now 1.29 but i never really noticed what it was before. the customer rep said it was previously 1.26. i asked what it did or what's new with it and as usual with smart customer service people, he didn't know what it did, just something with the OS. what i noticed is when i use active sync, my name(subcriber) is now on the top of the window. and it seems to have prevented me from sim unlocking my phone, the DOS dialog box only went to 66% and it aborted with "invalid code" message.

does anyone know about the radio versions?? my ROM is still the same (1.3.7.8). radio version is also in "About".

by the way, i tried to buy some handsfree kit in greenhills today, the motorola handsfree kit works with the SAP but it only has one earpiece.

does anyone know any other brand that works with it?

Guest ppcsurfr

@eyeobgy: None yet... but there is a small get together of SAP and PPC users this Saturday at Seattle's Best GB3...

check out the announcement in the pinoy forum topic list.

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

President