> XRick Dangerous v3 < (UPDATE page 5 !!!)

Guest STuFF

Guest STuFF

rick1.gifrick2.gifrick3.gifrick4.gif

Called "V3" because Malloc has done v1 and v2, i've done v2.5 that should not have been released :D

V3 is :

- Screen clockwise rotated (i have to skip the last 2 lines of the screen, but it's not really a problem to play)

- Game is a bit slower

- No more bug when incoming call

- All orignal Atari sounds

- Musics (ok, bad ST musics translation, sorry guyz :lol: )

(switched to fmodce for sound AND music)

- High score Table is saved...

- And last, but not least, your position is saved when you died, or when you quit the game ! So you don't have to restart from the beginning each time...

(just delete the 'rick.dat' if you want to reset your position to the beginning)

The keys :

Right-Left to move

Down to crawl

Up or Volume Down to jump

Volume Up to start the game

Up + Volume Up to shoot

Down + Volume Up to lay a stick of dynamite

Right or left + Volume Up to poke a wall (or anything else) with your stick

* to quit the game (position is saved)

Left SoftKey pause mode

I didn't test the whole game from the beginning to the end, so maybe there are bugs...

Source code is a real mess now :)

I have to greet Malloc for the first SPV version !

The game (cab 677kb)

Source Code V3 (zip 276kb)

"original" source code

For the CGA graphics fans, I've compiled the version with CGA graphics too, I give you the EXE file, you just have to put it in the same folder than the game.

exe CGA mod (zip 58ko)

rick5cga.gif

how ugly it is :(

Right, so its slower and theres lines missing on the bottom of the screen, but the high scores are saved. Why is this better than v2.5 again?

Guest STuFF

its a little slower, the v2.5 was too fast, most player told me.

For the missing lines, it was exactly the same in V2.5.

The music were added, the high score AND the position are saved, this is the big things.

V2.5 should not have been released, but you can still play with it, and leave this one for others...

Guest Gorskar

Thanks, a nice set of improvements.

How about an option to turn the unlimited continues off in game as some people might like the challenge (not me necessarily of course). Maybe just a button which toggles saving games (like #, or something like that that is not likely to be pressed by accident).

Anyway great work guys, I do appreciate it!

Guest vijay555

STuFF: the source code you've put up is for the CGA version i think. do you have the normal non-cga version? or could you just code in the cheat, and map it to 1/2/3 or something?

Cheers and great work!

V

Guest mashkhan

Great work, Since nobody else has asked. I'm just going to come out and say it.

Any plans on porting Rick Dangerous 2! :oops:

Guest ClintEastman

Great work!!!

Ahh CGA!!! Those where the days!!!!

I remember when we upgraded to EGA, must thank IBM for all those free PCs back in the day......

Guest NederSoren

Great game...

Just one little thing..

Pause button.. i liked it much more when it was on button 2.. now i keep pressing it by accident, and lil rick has died a couple a times because of that now :)

Besides that.. great work.. i luv it..

Guest madu

TOPS!! Thanks Stuff!!

Very good indeed (by the sound of it) i'm about to d/load it to my phone via GPRS... another coupla hours i guess... hehe :)

Guest malloc
stuff mate, is the source for CGA version? it compiled as CGA..

I think you just need to remove the #define _USE_PC_GRAPHICS

(or something similar), it's in a header file somewhere...

malloc

Guest STuFF

yep sorry for compilation... I did the CGA version at the end, so I forgot to switch back to ST version... that's easy. Juste change in config.h:

/* graphics (choose one) */

#undef GFXST

#define GFXPC

to

/* graphics (choose one) */

#define GFXST

#undef GFXPC

Im thinking about an option to turn on/off the automatic save, but i can't promise, noone ask me really :)

Cheat code is actually enabled, there are some keys to press somewhere in the game to enable infinite lives, bullets or dynamites :(

I wont tell you, automatic saves is a GREAT help to go far in the game, no need to cheat :D

Pause button... err thats a probleme :lol: When it was on button 2, I've pressed it by accident myself, so I move it to the soft key, and never press it again by accident :lol:

Thanks for support guyz :lol:

Guest madu

nice1 Stuff!!

I was wondering how hard it would be to make the screen rotated clockwise, I find it harder to control with my left hand... thwen use thumb to press volume buttons...?

Guest NederSoren

well madu, he can't change a whole game just because you have strange hands :roll: :)

Pause button: What about moving it far away from the control things, or is it possible to use "Voice record button or even powerbutton?

Guest STuFF

the answer is :

no, it's not too hard to rotate the screen counter clockwise, but I will not do it :(

If you look to ALL paddles of the universe (yes all :)) you should see that the controls for directions ARE on the left and you have to use your left hand...

Maybe later, but have no time left for now, sorry guy...