> XRick Dangerous v3 < (UPDATE page 5 !!!)

Guest STuFF

Guest p_dog

Nedersoren, shoot at the wall you're facing in the screen shot, and the block above and behind you should fall down. Get on it an crouch it will fall gain, go forwards and you get under and fall down without hitting the spikes. However, I have no idea how to get through the next room without getting shot by an arrow (although again shooting the wall removes the spikes bove the ladder, i just can't get to the second platform)

Guest NederSoren

after the part with the falling rock i keep getting hit by the arow... I can get to the first platform, but not any longer..

I allready know how to get the spikes, blocking the stairs, away... :roll:

any ideas?

Guest Mr Moose

:?:

Hi, Im a bit of a noob, how do you install rick dangerous? Ive unzipped it but dont seen to have an exe file.

Cheers

Guest eyup

Mr Moose - just put the cab file somewhere on the phone or storage card and run it. it doesnt need unzipping first.

nedersoren - got anywhere with that level? i stuck too! :-(Mr Moose - just put the cab file somewhere on the phone or storage card and run it. it doesnt need unzipping first.

nedersoren - got anywhere with that level? i stuck too! :-(

Guest midnight

just thought i'd stick my oar in about the whole screen rotation thing. Anyone used to have a joystick for their spectrum/c64/amiga/atari st? remember the competition pro joysticks (mine was the 'extra' bright flourescent green with autofire model)? basically a stick and infront of that two buttons, one for left handed people, one for right handed people.

Now, honestly, how many right handed people controlled the stick with their left hand????? none? thought so :(

it's the japs that invented left hand control method when the consoles came out, main reason was cos it was quicker to switch thumbs when you needed to press more than one button (i guess).

still, STuFF, we all know its easy to rotate the screen left or right, maybe having the option for people would be a good thing? (hell, i like it the way it is, i aint complaining :))

Guest STuFF
how many right handed people controlled the stick with their left hand?????

mmm let me think about it....

- xbox users

- playstations users (ps1 & ps2)

- gameboy users (advance, SP, old black and white)

- snes users

- nes users

- sega mastersystems 8 bits users

- sega "megadrive" 16 bits users

- pc logitech paddle users

- pc microsoft padlle users

- etc.

that's about 99.8% of the right handed players. 0.2% is for Atari Lynx users, the only systeme which allow to turn the screen...

yes its easy to do a switchable version, just have to open the source, and modify some things. The source is free...

Guest NhiKo

:?: StuFF, have you completed all levels ?

The one in egypt with the arrow, 2 platforms and "shoot the wall to have the spikes gone" ? I've been trying a whole hour...

Guest midnight

STuFF, yeh, joystick :) not joypad, i still have never seen ANY joystick/pad beat the competition pro joystick, that was solid as a brick. (you could even throw it at a wall and it survived hehe)

anyways, i aint complaining about the control method, i think you've got it right (mainly cos it allows you to use the buttons easier cos they are under your finger at the top, and not under your thuimb at the bottom)

Guest mike-oh

I'm stuck on the bit after the falling block and spikes too! I tried jumping as soon as i hit the first platform but still no luck!

Somebody please help!

Guest NederSoren
nedersoren - got anywhere with that level? i stuck too! :-(

Im Afraid not :( still on that stupid level.. that arrow keeps hitting me :?

I have no idea how to get throug.. (Hope it doesn't have anything to do with that gem...)(But why should it? :) )

Guest NederSoren
will there be a prize for whoever does it first? :)

Well.. i gues Stuff allready won then? He must have bin through this part since he has posted THIS rick4.gif screenshot...

So... Stuff.. you must know what to do??

Or have you used some cheats in some way? I think i heard somebody talking about cheats (Was it in this topic?? Cant be boughtered to check.. :( )

Guest mike-oh

Good news! i got to the second platform! Bad news i forgot to shoot the wall to get rid of the spikes! DOH! it's all a case of timing your jump onto the first platform and keeping your finger on jump. The spike spittingy thing stops when you're on the second platform but in my panic i kept on jumping right on into the spikes. Now i can't do it again.

Guest STuFF

finally you won :)

here is a new build featuring :

- # to flip the screen

- 3 to switch automatic save on/off (default is ON, you'll see a 'S' on the top left of the screen during game)

Setting to OFF will reset your previous save.

- 1 -2 set sound volume (these keys are flipped with screen)

please notice that installing the new cab will delete your old rick.dat file, with your position, and highscore table.

Just replace the old EXE with the new one to keep this file.

didnt manage to fix the "blue gem" bug, sorry :( (just ignore it)

The game (cab 677kb)

Source Code V3b (zip 276kb)

new exe V3b (zip 76kb)

"original" source code

Guest mike-oh

any chance of fixing the "my god this game is hard and i keep dying" bug! :)

i've finally managed to do the two jump over spikes without being pierced through the heart bit, but then i died when i came to the bit below involving some sort of moving rock and even more spikes.

Right... back to revision, palaeoentology tomorow. Yipedee blumin do flippin da(!)

Guest eyup

got the "play rick dangerous instead of doing much needed revsision bug have we mike!! same here! have the delights of industrial economics to contend with for thursday! mass differentiation under nash equilibrium and profit maximisation :-s

still one more game wont hurt! ;-)

Guest siu99spj

STuFF all I can do is thank you for this incredible game. Personally, the update wasn't necessary, but it should keep those who can't be bothered to tweak code quiet. :roll:

I didn't realise they had dogs (as per STuFF's screenshot) in RD1 though. I thought they only appeared in RD2. Ah well, guess that explains the zero score...

Guest NederSoren

Are there a RD2? :shock: Nice..

Stuff: Would it be possible to port that too? Maybe with help from malloc?

BTW... I manneged to get to the next part of the pyramid :)

The part with the shooting arrow was easy with some practice.. The part with the moving stone is not too hard either.. Just stand in the front of the stone and wait for it to move (You have to shoot the wall) :(

Guest STuFF

RD2 is not possible for now.

The source for both games ARE NOT public. RD1 was done from scratch by Bigorno, then HE published his sourcecode. The engine should be nearly the same for both games, but its still a HUGE work to make RD2 for now...

Guest NederSoren

hmm... well nevermind then... Its s shame cus RD1 is a really cool game to the SPV.. its the game i've played the most so far..

Stuff: How long have you come in this game? and the rest of you guys to.. just wanna hear if im a total noob, or im keeping up with the rest of ya.. :)