SPV E100 launch

Guest Thurstan

Guest Thurstan

This from Orange: "SPV E100 (SPV re-package/re-model) to launch first week of July."

Is this widely known already? What's the E100?

Guest Pagemakers

Gees - and I went all the way to Prague to buy a Tanager....

However, just called Orange upgrades and they say "sometime towards the middle of this year"

Guest mad4it

Anyone any idea about the price? How would they charge much more than the current £30, the changes are only cosmetic...

Guest Pagemakers

I have a Tanager and I for one would certainly pay much more than £30 to change from my SPV.

The E100 is/will be a far better phone. Better screen, better buttons, faster, a much better overall experience to use. The only downside so far I would say is the battery life which is about 75-80% of the SPV, but that may because my phone is brand new and the battery needs a little educating.

Guest Simon Desser
The only downside so far I would say is the battery life which is about 75-80% of the SPV, but that may because my phone is brand new and the battery needs a little educating.

I would agree with you, my Tanager's battery life took a few days to "settle down" and now it's every bit as good as my SPV.

Guest Pagemakers
This from Orange: "SPV E100 (SPV re-package/re-model) to launch first week of July."

Thurstan, why don't you reply and let us all know where exactly you saw this..... Maybe you dreamt it!

I would agree with you, my Tanager's battery life took a few days to "settle down" and now it's every bit as good as my SPV.

Or perhaps it's just that the novelty factor of a new phone has worn off a little by now :)

Hax

Guest Thurstan

Sorry chaps I've been away for a few days. My company comes under the Orange umbrella and that excerpt comes from a weekly internal email detailing what handsets are expected to be available to the public and when. I wasn't sure if it was already known, so I let you guys know... :wink:

Guest chauhan_vijay

Hey ppl

I work for Orange and have had a play with the SPVx or SPV e100 about 4 months ago and it's basically the same as the current SPV but it has a new casing with the buttons spread out and a joystick like the T68i.

In terms of software:

There is a mini video making app

Camera software like IA Album

And a sound manager

Big upset is that it does not have BLUETOOTH!!!!

Thats it really

Any comments?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The Tanager is made by the same people as the SPV, and is exactly the same hardware, save for the flatter keypad, joystick and better screen. Other than that they are exactly the same. The Tanager is a few milimetres longer than the SPV.

Imho i'd wiat up for the soon to be released MiTAC Mio 8380 SmartPhone. 200mhz processor clamshell with built in camera :)

Guest adam
Imho i'd wiat up for the soon to be released MiTAC Mio 8380 SmartPhone. 200mhz processor clamshell with built in camera  

Is there a drooling emoticon?

Guest deiwise

Blimey, that looks one hell of an impressive phone. Would that be based on the current smartphone software or a new one? And I've really not heard of many other manufacturers releasing Smartphones this year; are there others that compete with this beast?

Will

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Asustek had a dummy handset on display earlier this year, trhe Mitac is the only one that is likely to see production this year though (unless more information is released in the next few months).

The Mitac will be running SP2002, but is plenty powerful enough to be upgraded to SP2003 (assuming your carrier releases an upgrade for it).

Guest chauhan_vijay

same size in length a little thinner in depth, although i think with the spreading of the keys the screen is a little smaller

vijay

Guest midnight

nah, the screen is the same size

in fact, think you'll find that they'll all be roughly the same surface area (and all are definitely the same resolution)

also, as mono said, its a little longer in length