Matrix theory... (WARNING: Potential Spoilers!!)

Guest Brody

Guest Brody

So you're saying that cos the cars were on the correct side of the road that they could have kept up with Trinity on the incorrect side of the road? I'm sure that when Trinity peeled off of the motorway that she cut up an agent's car so i think thas some agents were on the same side of the road as her anyway.

Guest adam

There were cars on the correct side. I can't remember if there was any on the side Trinity was on. I think this calls for another trip to the cinema!:)

Guest Brody

I can confirm that there were a few police cars on the same side of the road as Trinity that were driving down the hard shoulder :wink:

Guest Brody

14 hours, ouch! And to think that all i've got to do is one more piece of coursework and one presentation and i've finished my degree and i'm still whinging about them!! :wink:

Guest adam
Neo - You haven't answered my question.

The Architect - Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

That is interesting.

And 14 Hours, ouch!

Guest idavid

ho hum. at least i have almost the entire of my colleges internet bandwidth to play with! i have got some pretty incredible download speeds of late... :(

makes my broadband look like GPRS on my phone (not for long though eh!)

oh and modaco of course :)

Guest neilfenstein

Just a quick point.

If Zion was part of the matrix they could just erase it and kill the people in it like they kill programs such as the key maker.

They allow Zion to exist so that there is some where for the 1% rejectors to go so that it does not spoil the Matrix. Really cant explain how the Smith got back to Zion, is there a clue in the fact that anybody in the Matrix can be an agent (what happens to the person while the agent has taken over?) so he just changes there physical mind in the digital world. In the first film Morpheus says that thoughts and personality are just digital signals (a program?). The difference with Neo is that he is the most poweful anomaly so far hence bringing Trinity back to life and his powers in Zion.

And I liked the idea of vampires and ghosts being old malfunctioning programs!! CHEEKY!

Guest nickcornaglia

I didn't see the movie yet...but I don't mind reading about it as I think I've seen many of the cool scenes in the adverts.

Question:

Wasn't Cypher supposed to be in this movie? I don't know if you get the Sopranos out there but I remember that he had scheduling conflicts when Matrix Reloaded was being filmed.

I can't find it now but when the film first started being filmed in Australia, someone supposedly had some pages of the script.

In the first scene of the script...the sequel begins with Neo waking in the chair on the ship where they plug him in. Everyone was there including Cypher and everyone was laughing because esentially the whole first movie was a testing program...and they said things like...."you actually thought you could fly!"

Now, without seeing the movie...could it be possible that this is all part of the testing programming to see if they can train Neo and truely trust him to do what they need him to do? To see if he really is the one. Maybe I need to see the movie to see if something like this could apply.

What do you think???

Guest idavid

:( i love my spv. just got home. got orneta reader and just put matrix script on my phone! how many bricks can do that! (sorry i meant nokia s) :)

Guest ukpauls

one thing i thought of is that in the first movie morpheous says that he saw the fields with his own eyes (where humans are grown), so may be this is something that tells us zion is real

Guest ukpauls

i cant explain how the disc got back and how smith is in zion, etc but i am certain that zion is real, on i will bet on that.

Guest Maverick

If Zion was a part of the Matrix, then why would Neo and co have to plug in ??? They would already be 'plugged' in to the Matrix.. right?

Maybe the 'disk' was just a copy... Not the original !! :-P

Guest ukpauls

well it could be a different matrix, or they think they are pluging in to the matrx, (part of the program). disk not copy as we see the guy put it in his pocket and then use phone to exit matrix

Guest Brody

So ur certain Zion is real now then are u ukpauls? A bit of a change of heart me thinks :wink:

Just because Morpheus says he's seen the fields where the humans are being grown doesn't point to Zion being real as the whole point is that Zion and the fields and the torched sun is all part of the matrix...

Guest ukpauls

never had a change of heart brody as i said before. but just looking at what we know it make it look like Zion is also a matrix, but i believe that there is a twist that we dont know about till the next film, and dont believe it to be zion as a matrix.

never said that cos mopheous saw them that its real, just had a thought that this may swing the thought of whats going on

Guest Brody

ukpauls said

in the first movie morpheous says that he saw the fields with his own eyes (where humans are grown), so may be this is something that tells us zion is real

??!

I'm just saying that i don't think that this has any bearing whatsoever on whether Zion is part of the matrix or not as it could be inside of the matrix...

Guest SirGaz

Having seen it at last I'm not certain that what was put into the guy's pocket was a disk, I thought it might have been an envelope. Happened quickly so I can't be certain (and I've only watched it once) so feel free to correct me if you've seen it a few times.

My theory on Zion is that it is definately outside the matrix, but that the film ends still in the matrix. Neo flies out of the door of the Architect, who's to say that didn't trigger something. Neo can sense the sentinals and indeed zaps them, how can he do that if he is human? I think that the machines are trying to find out what defenses the humans have set up by letting Neo and his pals create Zion and the surrounding area in a new matrix, thereby allowing the machines to find a weak spot.

Agent Smith is puzzling me somewhat though. The fact that he can alter someone's mind int he real world is puzzling enough, but how did he get into that corridor near the end? Only special keys (as obviously pointed out throughout the film) could access the corridor so how did he get there? And more importantly what are his intentions with Neo and Co now that he is free from control?

And the biggest of the lot is why do we have to wait another 5 months for the answers!!

Guest ukpauls

and that is why i said MAYBE, but one i just thought of is what someone touched on ealier is that if 0.1% reject the matrix, i wonder if 0.1% or around about that, may reject zion if that is also a matrix.....

the only problem with that is that they have still had choice

Guest ukpauls

SirGaz... lovely points that i have been intending to make, including smith in corridor, and the disk.......

i post what i think and back it up later....

but as 4 the leaving the door and changing something maybe... but not in the way you say, as what mean is that i think they are in zion but there maybe a change in neo

as he says "something is different, i can feel them"