• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

rtsport

rtsport

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

I just got myself a Smart Amazing Phone from someone via a trade.

However, I do not have the receipt because the person I bought it from lost it.

I called up Brightpoint and they won't accept the phoe unless I provide a copy of the receipt... even though the SMART logo is on the unit.

I even told them that the phone must be covered by the warranty period because the Smart Amazing Phone was just launched this year - 2003.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!
You have to convince them that it is not a stolen phone....so I guess you really have to show some proof

Let the 1st owner of the phone talk to them, probably his name is still in their database...

mariolouis

mariolouis

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
mine did not come with a receipt either coz i got it for free at plan 1335. it was delivered to me by an agent. so how do i do the convincing? any suggestions? i'm planning to have my soft keys replaced this weekend. TIA.

one more thing, are they still sloppy repairing the unit? dents and marks around the phone.. fingerprint smudges.. thanks again!

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
better ask Smart about it since you got the phone by subscribing to them :wink:

as for Brightpoint, I had my keypads changed a couple of weeks ago (it was my 2nd visit, the 1st was when I had my motherboard changed)..... I checked my phone but I didnt see any problem, no marks, dents, smudges....just tell them before handing over your unit, to be extra carefull :wink:

mar9118

mar9118

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

mine did not come with a receipt either coz i got it for free at plan 1335. it was delivered to me by an agent. so how do i do the convincing? any suggestions? i'm planning to have my soft keys replaced this weekend. TIA.

one more thing, are they still sloppy repairing the unit? dents and marks around the phone.. fingerprint smudges.. thanks again!

You should ask the agent for help, they have special account with Smart and all sales thru them are in their database, and being a plan holder makes it even easier because your bills wil serve as proof of ownership.

Cheers! :D

Mar

*** Eagerly waiting for SMART to forego SIM Lock 8)

spv_dman

spv_dman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

I think included in the box is a certificate of ownership and/or your 1st SMART billing statement should include the handset make and model acquired and payed for. However, I doubt if it will be indicative on when you purchased the unit. I'm from smart but not from customer care so I don't have much of an idea on how they handle such situation (brightpoint disagrees to honor warranty due to lack of receipt). You may want to call up brightpoint first to inquire whether the certificate of ownership and billing statement would suffice in place of the receipt. If they disagree, talk it over with the agent and convince him/her to issue an authorization letter signed by his/her manager so brightpoint will accept your unit for repairs. :)

grifter

grifter

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
hmm.. when i brought my sap for a keypad replacement, they didn't ask for the receipt.

Melange Crepes and Pasta
Sgt. Esguerra Ave. QC
+632 4265541
http://www.mymelange.com

mariolouis

mariolouis

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
thanks guys! i'm going there this saturday.

grifter

grifter

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
don't go on a saturday, the bosses are not in on Saturdays so if ever there's a decision to be made, no one can make it.

Melange Crepes and Pasta
Sgt. Esguerra Ave. QC
+632 4265541

dope_me

dope_me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
last month my sap went dead when i was trying the qtek upgrade w/ the 1.5 version of smart.
i brought my phone to brightpoint for a software reset to 1.3, they did not ask me for a receipt, i even told them the phone was not mine.
but after the repair there was dust on my phone's display.
i dont know how it got there since you need not open the phone when doing software installations.

mar9118

mar9118

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

last month my sap went dead when i was trying the qtek upgrade w/ the 1.5 version of smart.  
i brought my phone to brightpoint for a software reset to 1.3, they did not ask me for a receipt, i even told them the phone was not mine.
but after the repair there was dust on my phone's display.
i dont know how it got there since you need not open the phone when doing software installations.

Check this out may be helpful :wink:

http://smartphone.mo...pic.php?t=89802

Mar

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

I am supposed to do this procedure on a friend's phone. Ganito ba talaga mangyayari pag nag-flash ng Qtek rom sa phone with Smart rom 1.5?

Would you suggest na hindi ko na ituloy ang balak namin gawin sa phone nya?

Sa akin kase noon walang problema kase 1.3.6 ang rom ko when I upgrade to Qtek 1.5

mar9118

mar9118

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Hey Dino, mukhang wrong post ka ah.....hehe, call me na lang :)

Mar

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
hehe nabasa ko lang kse yung post ni dope_me eh ganun din balak ko gawin so nagtanong na rin ako dito :)

pero ganun na nga gagawin ko...yung sagot mo sa kabilang thread. Kaya lanag di ko na alam ano yung link ng Smart 1.3.7.8 download

kapitan jackal

kapitan jackal

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
i know smart has a database of all mobile phones (sold). well, correct me if im wrong, but they should have 8)

@marioluis- what's wrong with your soft key?

grifter

grifter

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
oy Kap! You're in the wrong site ata? diba sa kabila ka? dun sa rhymes with "bato"? :)

Melange Crepes and Pasta
Sgt. Esguerra Ave. QC
+632 4265541

rodnav

rodnav

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
hi guys. i posted the query on brightpoint on this thread na. don't want to threadjack the other one.
well, i got my unit back, the front looks good as new. even the crack in the casing i posted on another is gone. but grifter is right, there's a fingerprint on the screen! but it seems to be only on the screen cover. i didn't notice it earlier as it's only visible on certain light angles, at least the scratch on the screen cover is gone too. and i may be able to remove the print by following the painting thread method.
@grifter, they don't sell the keypad and screen covers. they don't sell any part of the phone.
Posted from my SmartPhone!

grifter

grifter

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
@rodnav,

A ok. thanks for the feedback. :)
Btw, if you take the cover apart, DON'T touch the LCD. Even if there's dust, don't try to remove it. My friend tried to clean the LCD and ended up with a scratched LCD.

Melange Crepes and Pasta
Sgt. Esguerra Ave. QC
+632 4265541

mariolouis

mariolouis

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
@kap
my softkeys are sunken and the call keys are chipped-off. i'm bringing it to BP on saturday. and a good way to change the lens as well.

BrAGoL

BrAGoL

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
@ML
what's wrong with the lens?

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users