ZX Spectrum Emulator Released (15-6-2003) New Build

Guest spacemonkey

Guest spacemonkey

I have now released my port of Pocket Clive for smartphone. You can get it at www.surrealservices.co.uk

This has now been updated. new features are:

Call are handled properly. When an incoming call is received PocketClive exits.

States are saved. Autosaving is performed on exit and the autosaved state is loaded on startup. If you want to play a new game then you will need to choose 'reset pocketclive' on the configuration screen.

Manual State saves are possible. On the configure screen choose 'save snapshot, then flip back down to the spectrum keyboard and enter a snapshot name, then flip back up and click save.

Here's a shot :lol:

pcl10.gif

Guest r3v3rb

superb spacemonkey. now another reason to dust down my complete spectrum cd archive and also to move away from my GBA for handheld emulation... :lol:

Guest spacemonkey

I just added a comment on my first post, but I'll put it here too as it's important... I just realised I didn't code the emulator to handle incoming calls properly, you may not be able to answer the phone if it's running...

Feel free to still play with it, just bear that in mind...

I'll try and do a new build sorting this out and adding snapshot saving shortly.

Guest Martin@Home

SpaceMonkey you've made me one happy dude ! Superb work. I wouldn't mind betting that SPV sales will increase because of the existence of this project.

My sincere thanks and appreciation go to you and indeed all the "bedroom coders" out there who have gone a long way to ensuring the success of the smartphone platform. :lol: :D :lol: :D

Guest Neil Clark

Hi,

Many thanks for the speccy!!!!!!!! its great!!

Just 1 question mate, i cant seem to work out how to get the phone keys to control the games???

Probably me bein thick :oops:

Many thanks

Neil

Guest akarno
Probably me bein thick :oops:  

Neil

Maybe, but then so am I.

I have tried several games including ant attack, chucky egg, Dizzy and F16 combat pilot.

They all load up correctly, but I cannot get them playable.

Guest MARKUKCOUK

well youve got further than me.

all i get is a blank white screen except for "© 1982...." at the bottom.

i have tape files, and the keyboard pops up wen i press voice, but try to load any games and its white screen :lol:

Guest retro

sounds like you have it running in 48k mode.

press your voice button and run the config and change it to 128k

, then load your tape up and and use the enter key on the keyboard, to load the game.

Guest MARKUKCOUK

so i did :lol: ok the screens up now. but all i can get it to do is make weird noises, although i think the original ones did????? any way to speed it up?

Guest Martin@Home

When you load a .tap file, all its doing is telling the emulator that that is the tape you have inserted into the "tape player".

In 48k mode you then have to bring up the virtual keyboard and click the following buttons :-

(J)-(SymbolShift)-(P)-(SymbolShift)-(P)-(Enter)

(This should show on the speccy screen as ' LOAD"" ' )

The inserted tape will then play and run.

In 128K mode, ensure the blue highlight bar is over the first menu item "Tape Loader", bring up the virtual keyboard and click enter to load.

You need to know both methods because some of the early classic games wont load in 128K mode.

A suggestion to spacemonkey would therfore be maybe to have "hot keys" to more automate this process, or perhaps a workaround so the games automatically load and play from the tape listing screen .

It does also play fairly slowly even with frame skipping on !

Guest spacemonkey

OK... what I'm doing now: Auto save state/load state and quiting with save state when a call is received... I'm having a bit of trouble with the call received bit so will release again when I nail this.

As to speed (Martin) it seems good to me for wizball (all I've really played) want to tell me what seem too slow and I'll have a look at that... I haven't looked at performance too much at all yet.

Others... lack of controls... at the moment you can only use joystick... this has 2 modes, kempston (which the game will specifically mention) or cursor where you map the joystick (4 directions and fire) to keys. This is in the configure menu and you can set it to any five keys you like.

I am thinking of a fully configurable any key to any "spectrum keyboard" function even to the extent of macro keys where one spv key press will do many spectrum keypresses (such as J-shift-p-shift-p-enter).

New release soon if I can figure out why I'm not catching the WM_KILLFOCUS for the phone ringing... :lol: