keypad

Guest pyke

Guest ppcsurfr

I mentioned this to SMART already. Thy're looking into it.

Hopefully they end up with a solution to this.

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

President

Guest pyke
I mentioned this to SMART already. Thy're looking into it.

Hopefully they end up with a solution to this.

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

President

ya.but if ever they do something about it,how will it benefit us,since we already have the unit?i mean, whatever it is that they'll do will just benefit the next users of the SAP.

Guest rage

How about the problem with the left soft button. Since it is 1 of the frequently used key in the SAP mine is already harder to press. I read a similar problem with another SAP user. Does SMART have any plans of making replacement keypad parts available? Plus the silver portion of my Call and End Call buttons are coming off as well... my SAP is barely 3 months old.

Guest pyke
How about the problem with the left soft button.  Since it is 1 of the frequently used key in the SAP mine is already harder to press.  I read a similar problem with another SAP user.  Does SMART have any plans of making replacement keypad parts available?  Plus the silver portion of my Call and End Call buttons are coming off as well... my SAP is barely 3 months old.

they must,pare.i dont want to think na cheap ang materials na ginamit sa phone natin pero ganun lumalabas,eh.we can protect the keypad "paint" from peeling off,by applying natural colored nail polish pero ang awkward yata nun.

Guest T0722

they must,pare.i dont want to think na cheap ang materials na ginamit sa phone natin pero ganun lumalabas,eh.we can protect the keypad "paint" from peeling off,by applying natural colored nail polish pero ang awkward yata nun.

i hope nga na di cheap ang ginamit nila parts, but the rumor is that smartphones were supposed to be made by HP but microsoft decided to have it made by a Taiwanese company (HTC) to cut cost. Sabi pa nga nila may law suit because HP daw did all the research and development for Microsoft tas pinagawa sa iba. Again this is a rumor. Anyone can confirm?

Well i guess putting clear nail polish is the only way to keep it fresh...parang mga keypads lang yan ng 8890 naSPAMbakbak din...it's the acidity ng pawis ata e...kasi it's just coated parang paint e...they can't do anything about it kaya they should have keypads available.

Guest mapaman
How about the problem with the left soft button.  Since it is 1 of the frequently used key in the SAP mine is already harder to press.  I read a similar problem with another SAP user.  Does SMART have any plans of making replacement keypad parts available?  Plus the silver portion of my Call and End Call buttons are coming off as well... my SAP is barely 3 months old.

here's a tip that might help. after sending an SMS message, when the "message sent" appears, don't press the OK. just wait for message to go away, or if you really want to get rid of the message, press the back-arrow button.

Guest jabonga

badtrip 1 month palang fon ko bakbak na yung 2 chrome yung may green and red, i hope that there will be an available keypad sa smart.

Guest pyke

here's a tip that might help. after sending an SMS message, when the "message sent" appears, don't press the OK. just wait for message to go away, or if you really want to get rid of the message, press the back-arrow button.

or just press the joystick.

Guest rage

Just asked Smart about the problem with the keypad. They told me to ask about it at Brightpoint, the authorized repair center for the SPVx / S.A.P. They told me the have replacement / accessories available. It seems that the problem with the left soft button could be fixed by replacing the front panel for 350.00 pesos. And the problem with the Call / End Call buttons, could be fixed by replacing the keypad for 290.00 pesos. All to be done at Brightpoint at Araneta Ave.

Guest grifter

thanks for the info rage.

the only problem that i foresee if you get the keypads replaced is that they have to take the phone apart. which translates into dust particles going into the phone's LCD screen.

I've experienced this when I got my t68's front cover and keypads replaced. unless Brightpoint has a static/dust-free work area, dust particles will surely get into the screen.

Guest andrewsj

I've had my SAP for 3 weeks now and after reading this post I got myself a case/sleeve. It's meant for a 3210 but it fits the SAP fine. I cut out a hole for the joystick and the bottom for the mic and the sync cable. It doesn't look that pretty but it should prevent screen scratches and paint chipping.

Guest architect
i hope nga na di cheap ang ginamit nila parts, but the rumor is that smartphones were supposed to be made by HP but microsoft decided to have it made by a Taiwanese company (HTC) to cut cost.  Sabi pa nga nila may law suit because HP daw did all the research and development for Microsoft tas pinagawa sa iba.  Again  this is a rumor.  Anyone can confirm?

Well i guess putting clear nail polish is  the only way to keep it fresh...parang mga keypads lang yan ng 8890 naSPAMbakbak din...it's the acidity ng pawis ata e...kasi it's just coated parang paint e...they can't do anything about it kaya they should have keypads available.

Actually Microsoft developed the reference guide for the Windows CE-based Smartphone 2002 phone specifically for licensing it to third party phone manufacturers (e.g. Nokia, Ericsson, etc.) Nokia however countered with its own Symbian-based Series 60 platform (Nokia 7650, 3650, Siemens SX1, etc.) which it is also licensing to other phone manufacturers.

Most of the branded phone manufacturers have been hesitant to license the Smartphone 2002 since they are wary of MS duplicating its PC-based Wintel monopoly in the mobile phone industry. So to date, MS has been able to convince only second and third-tier manufacturers. The SAP is actually manufactured by HTC which also makes the IPAQ series. It is marketed by Orange Mobile as the SPVx. T-Mobile was supposed to offer it also but has put off deployment in the meantime.

Regards.

Guest grifter

Hi guys, I mentioned the chipping silver paint problem to SMART Wireless Center in SM Megamall yesterday and they told me that this is not covered by warranty. I told them that this is not a normal wear and tear issue but more of a manufacturing flaw.

The CSR told me that there is no recorded case of any SAP having this problem. hmmm...

Acc to Brightpoint, they haven't encountered anyone having this chipping problem too.

So, the CSR is encouraging every SAP owner who has the chipping paint poblem to go to a SMART Wireless Center and complain. Ask them to log the complaint into their database. If we generate enough noise, maybe they'll hasten the escalation to HTC Corp. in Taiwan.

• 2 weeks later...

minsan nga,gusto ko ng kaskasin totally young chrome paint para lumabas na yung green and red color ng mga keys,eh.ang pangit kasi pag nasa process pa lang ng pagkabakbak

it's ugly if you remove all the chrome plating. parang may red and green na gulaman. hehe...

hahaha!!..good point.kakainis kasi yung quality nung paint.parang yung chipipay na baril-barilan sa bangketa, na kunyari chrome tapos, biglang kukupas.

Guest grifter

as randy and jabonga said, you can have the keys replaced at Brightpoint for free. as long as the phone is not unlocked.

Guest pyke
as randy and jabonga said, you can have the keys replaced at Brightpoint for free. as long as the phone is not unlocked.

no kidding? the people from smart told me that there is a fee for it.u mean, if u go directly to brightpoint, the keypads are free?

Guest grifter

i think randy's came off after 2 weeks. his sweat is more acidic than ours. hehe...

anyway, we can try bugging SMART abt it and maybe when they get fed up, they'll change keypads for FREE.

Guest dinoalbert

not only 1 month...in fact it is free if your phone is less thana year old. 1 month is for FREE UNIT replacement. 1 year is for free repairs. So if your phone is defective but less than month old, you can have the whole unit replaced with a brand new one for free. If over a month already but less than a year,they will still accept it but they just repair it for free. And this applies to both...either you go to Smart or directly to Brightpoint. The only difference is that in my case for example, Im in Makati so Brightpoint is way too far for me while Smart Tower is just around the corner. But with Brightpoint,they will repair it right away while you wait...with Smart however you will have to come back after a week or two :)

Anyway, hereisan email I got from Brightpoint:

> From:

> "[email protected]"

> Sent: 7/1/03 7:25:41 PM

> To: "[email protected]"

> Subject: RE: Job Order 140444/Smart Amazing Phone/

As advised by HTC (manufacturer) keypad can be covered by warranty since it

was proven the quality is somehow poor that's why it easily chipped off. Re

the joystick we have to check it first whether its malfunctioning condition

is acquired naturally or due to misuse. This is subject for approval.

fyi.

> ----------

> From: Dino[sMTP:[email protected]]

> Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 7:21 PM

> To: [email protected]

>

> Irene, if my phone is still covered by the warranty, isnt it that those

> keypads and joysticks should be free?

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From:

> "[email protected]"

> Sent: 7/1/03 6:42:41 PM

> To: "[email protected]"

> Thanks for your immediate reply.

> Please look for me when claiming the label.

>

> We have available parts including the joystick and keypad.

> Joystick - P120

> Keypad - P450

>

> If the defect of joystick is connected to the switch board, we might

> also

> change this part which is P1430.

>

> br,

> Irene

>

> > ----------

> > From: Dino[sMTP:[email protected]]

> > Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 5:36 PM

> > To: [email protected]

> > Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]

> > Subject: RE: Job Order 140444/Smart Amazing Phone/

> >

> > Hi Irene. Thank you very much for the info. As of the moment, Im

> still out

> > of the countrybut will be back probably by next week. I will be the

> one to

> > go to Brightpoint then so you dont need to send the label to Smart.

> >

> > May I also ask how long will it take to change the joystick? Do you

> have

> > an available part already? My joystick is not functioning well....I

> have a

> > hard time scrolling down a message. I might also be changing my

> keypad

> > because the paints (green and red call keys) are chipping off.

> >

> > Thank you very much and best regards..

> >