So I fitted my new Geforce 4 and ran 3dmark..........

Guest Martin@Home

Guest Brody

I just upgraded to a P4 2.53 Ghz, 512 meg ddr333 RAM, Alu case and so on... I love it (and my mobo supports hyper threading for future 3Ghz upgrades :lol: ) Not bad on a student loan eh?? (Actually its an early birthday present from my parents!!)

Ps. I finished my degree! Results in July then hopefully Masters!! :wink:

JLOWAP: U ever use Microstation J or I-DEAS??

Oh, yeah, and back on topic, i carried over my geforce 3 ti200 128meg from my previous pc (Athlon XP 1900+) and it holds its own although in a year it'll be replaced i imagine!!

Guest Martin@Home
what score did you get?  Can you publish it and give me a compare URL?

Also make sure you have FSAA, Anisotropic Filtering and Vertical Sync turned off.

Ok, I have :-

(1) got latest detonator drivers

(2) got latest mobo drivers

(3) switched all my card settings to "best system performance"

And here is a link to my online comparison page

I'm still getting consistently 40%-50% less marks than I should be getting !

Guest Martin@Home

yep!

Inventor and Pro/E

M8, do you use the pro-manufacture module for pro/e ? I have been tasked with finding a new CADCAM system. We already have the design side of pro/e and wondered what the CADCAM module was like ?

I would imagine its gotta be something pretty special to justify the £30K price tag !

Guest Mr_Protozoa

That's what I like to see, more talk about ProEngineer on Modaco!

I'm running a GeForce4Ti4200 (128Mb) and it's happy with whatever ProE can chuck at it. Mind you, I've yet to create a truely massive model (such as a entire car).

Guest SirGaz
At you SirGaz...

Sorry for not getting back sooner Mono, been fitting a new case fan and CPU fan as the system was getting a little warm (60 degrees).

Got a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro. Absolute beauty. Playing Unreal2 at 1024x768 with 2x AA and 8x Aniso and it won't slow down at all. 9600 Pro is almost as good so you'll be getting a real gem.

Guest midnight

nexus review

check the 3d mark scores for your card on there, you aint to far off to be honest. Your score is below that shown, but in no way is it 40-50% lower than it should be

problem is, the mx is more like a gf3 than a gf4

Guest Martin@Home
nexus  review

check the 3d mark scores for your card on there, you aint to far off to be honest. Your score is below that shown, but in no way is it 40-50% lower than it should be

problem is, the mx is more like a gf3 than a gf4

Sorry to harp on, but am I missing something fairly fundemental here ?

My score averages out at around 3700. The lowest result I could find at that page is 6900. I realise its only a matter of perception, but how much "percieved" difference is there likely to be between those 2 scores ?

Not being awkward but I seem to be missing something vital !!! :wink:

Guest Martin@Home
uurrr.... that compare says you scored 6741, whats wrong with that?

No, thats what the compared system scored, mine is the light grey score above it - 3817.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Sorry for not getting back sooner Mono, been fitting a new case fan and CPU fan as the system was getting a little warm (60 degrees).

Got a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro. Absolute beauty. Playing Unreal2 at 1024x768 with 2x AA and 8x Aniso and it won't slow down at all. 9600 Pro is almost as good so you'll be getting a real gem.

9600 Pro has nothing on the 9500 pro ;p

Spent the past hour hunting and i've finally found a stockist, so i should have my herc 9500 pro by the end of next week :lol:

My current 3dmark2001se scroe btw:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5755625

3dmark2k3 got a whopping 149 points hehe

Guest ajb3000

I'm getting my score compared to the 6700 score.

Log into your Futuremark account, click on Project Manager, tick the box that says publish and click update at the bottom (if it isn't already), then copy the URL under your project.

Guest midnight
OK... Went into project manager, checked the "published" box, clicked update and the URL under my project is :-

!My Results

Hope thats right

ah, thats better, you confused me before hehe

errr, well, i always use nvidia's drivers (they're always the most up to date), and as mentioned before, only suggestion i can make is a full reformat and install.

Have you tried it with dx 8.1 instead of 9? (just a thought)

Oh, one more thing, maybe your card has been underclocked at some stage, try grabbing Powerstrip, this allows you to overclock the card if need be :lol: