Change keypad LED to blue + jlowap Blue LED Mod

Guest djkat

Guest djkat

Hi there,

Have anyone changed their keypad LED to blue on their SPV. Would you please give comment & suggestion on that please. Thanks

Keith

Guest gradiation

www.logosunlimited.co.uk will do it for you for £25, u send them ur phone and money and they'll change ur bulbs and send it back special delivery.

These guys are reputable and have been doin it for years too so they won't do a runner with your phone, or cock it up beyond belief.

Haven't had it done yet cos i haven't got a spear £25 but i will do as soon as i have.

Guest James

£25! what a rip-off!.............. well........ I suppose that is what I would charge.

Anyone know how many LED’s there are in the SPV? And some pics? I am going to try it!

These guys are reputable and have been doin it for years too so they won't do a runner with your phone, or cock it up beyond belief.

So they can still cock it up within beleif? :lol:

Guest gradiation
So they can still cock it up within beleif?  :lol:

Yup :D but least it's there fault not urs :lol:

And there are 7 bulbs if you cound the blinkin one top left, check out www.coolsmartphone.com for some screenshots of an open SPV

Guest gradiation

Well i'd rather spend £25 on gettin the change by someone who knows how to do that than burn through another circuit board fiddlin about with the small bulbs (may my nokia rest in peice) :lol:

Guest mattbrown

as i only hav a standard soldering iron and i dont think my warranty would cover mods to my phone - 25 quid sounds pretty good

Guest James

if i can get lots of the leds cheap then i may start offering the service! about 15 squid i reckon.if i can get lots of the leds cheap then i may start offering the service! about 15 squid i reckon.

Guest Spine

Just to let you guys know:

THe forward voltage required to LEDs to light is the following:

red/orange approx 1.6v

green 1.8v

whereas blue LED's can range from 3.3 to 5v

This means that just soldering in blue LEDs may not work. I know that this was exactly the case with my old nokia, that the blue would not work unless other modifications were done to the circuitry.

I still think it would be a cool idea though! maybe someone can try soldering in just one to see if it works, then if it does, solder the rest in so that you dont go to all the work of SM soldering for nothing.

Mike

Guest James

Thanks for the info mate, i will look into it. it anyone has some of the schematics for the SPV then please PM me. (much better than tracing all the tracks!)

Guest James

just to let you guys know that i took my SPC apart to look at changing the LED's and after having a bit of a look it looked quite hard to modify the circuit without actual having the schematics of the SPV. :x

Green LED's = 2.2V

Blue LED's = 3.5 or 3.8V

so i just sprayed my case and put i back together again..............

AND NO DUST!!!!! :lol: :D

P1010009.JPG

P1010012.JPG

Guest James

ok, the led,s are on order so just wait and see how it turns out. i have sent an e mail to modfather to ask what he did for the mod

Guest James

OK, UPDATE....

I have e-mailed the ModFather and got a reply this morning:-

hi... i got the l.e.d's fitted at a phone shop near me, they took a while to

get the leds in, however i found now that it may have been a not so worthwhile

mod, as the lights do not work at all anymore... im unsure as to claim on

warranty. i currently am not using my spv hence my dissapearing act from modaco.

i can look into what leds were used if u r interested, the phone shop says i

may have blown a resistor or something, maybe a mod is in need like on 3210

bridgin the resistor to increase current..

sorry for my lack of help... lol

regards

ModFather

my quest continues.............

Bridging the resistors!!! i cant believe thats good! :shock: