First game to show the proper potential of the Smartphone?

Guest muff

saw this mentioned in the pre-release info for the Mitac Mio 8380

and graphically it looks cool

Metal Strike

are developers (other than those that hang out here) finally taking the smartphones as a serious platform? let's hope :lol:

it appears from the Mitac Mio release, that it's an exclusive bundle title - so maybe they bought the rights to it, which is why we haven't seen it for general release

Guest awarner [MVP]

It looked excellent with the Mitac screen but I could not figure out the controls when I played it for a few

minutes at the meet.

Guest XGEOX

This looks really sweet...

when will we be able to buy it from handago?

Do we know how much it's going to be? (im guessing around $20)

Guest midnight

oy muff, our racing game was the first to show its potential and still looks 10x better than metal strike (actually i aint that impressed, but i wouldnt would i heheh) :lol:

oy muff, our racing game was the first to show its potential and still looks 10x better than metal strike (actually i aint that impressed, but i wouldnt would i heheh) :D

I did say outside of the guys on here :lol:

Guest ajb3000

The one at the meet was cool, it run perfectly. Awarner, it was left soft key to fire/stop firing and d-pad to move around :lol:

Guest kingdom master

I the beta for this game, its very good if alittle to the same throughout. however the graphics and explosions are fantastic. the operation of the ship is difficult possibly its suoited not for the spv but more for the mitac.(not im using it on the spv)

there are some strange cows on the test that i have which u cannot kill or shoot which is weird.

graphically this should set a level for all future games, i know it plays faster on the mitac as the processor speed is 200 mhz which of course will open up the market for snes and megadrive emulators and mame etc...

kingdom

Guest NederSoren
What racing game?

The game muff is writing, and midnihgt is drawing.. take a look at the mockups on midnights site, when it back up.. it looks very cool, and it's the game that im looking the most forward too :lol:

Guest awarner [MVP]
They have released the game for smartphone, i have talked with greatlsoft.

Where can we get it? or do you have a link?

Guest mores

drifting a little off topic:

does anyone know of a game, back in MS-DOS 5 days, that looked a little like metal strike, but you were flying over a jungle, and were able to move not only vertically, but horizontally too? meaning you were free to fly anywhere you wanted?

i'd love to have something like that on my ppc/smartphone.

i don't even remember the name, so i can't check if it's available somewhere to run on an emulator :D

*help* :lol: