usa t mobile settings, yes i've tried the repository

Guest supersha

Guest martin
By the way Martin....I sold out and bought the Samsung i700 PPC Phone(CDMA phone) under Verizon.

Gotta ask, do you miss anything about the SPV and how's the Samsung ?

Also, its good to see you're still with us :lol:

Guest nickcornaglia

Yes, I miss alot about the SPV. But I also like alot about PPC Phones.

What I miss about the SPV:

-Smaller Size

-Longer Batter Life (Can you believe it!?..maybe I'm just using it more for progs other than phone and sms.)

-Cool Factor & Newness of the device

-Better screen in sunlight

What I like about the i700:

-Bigger screen/Better movie and internet experience

-More software

-Better integration with PCs (Notes, file sycronization, journal (with CLC journal))

-Faster

-Word/Excel

-Integrated camera (and fast too)

-Came with 2 batteries

-Touch Screen and Graffiti (Block Recognizer)

What I don't like about the i700:

-Screen isn't as good as I remember the XDA to be.

-Supposed to be 300Mhz but actually runs at 200 unless you run turbo

-Buttons on sides are awkward and I'm hitting them by accident all of the time.

-SD slot is on side like the SPV...not good for BlueTooth SD cards

-Cradle is HUGE and hard to sit the device into at times.

The main reason I switched was because T-Mobile's service isn't the best and I can't get reception in my home. I never am under 4 bars with Verizon and their 1xRTT (whatever) is a bit faster.

Overall I'm happy with the device. I would have rather waited for the Falcon device to come out with the built in GPS that may be the next PPC under T-Mobile since it is replacing the XDA/MDA.

My dream would be to have a PPC with all of it's functionality, Bluetooth and GPS in the size of a smartphone with the option of a touch screen. But this will do for now!

And I still like this message board. I'm not going anywhere. Still one of the best boards for keeping up with the Smartphone and other things as well. (Hell, I still go onto Palm sites once in a while to see what's up.)

Thanks for asking! :lol:

I tried a couple of phones on Verizon for a few weeks and was really impressed with their coverage and signal strength. I stuck with T-Mobile and my SPV since I luckily have good coverage in my house and pretty much every other area I frequent. I still think every once in a while of going to Verizon since they supposedly have the best US coverage... We'll see... Good luck with the phone!!

Guest supersha

holy cow, i feel like a bit of a bonehead. i thought i had gprs already with t mobile, but i found out through the awesome help of Nick C that i had to get t mobile to activate and add it to my plan.

all nice and fuzzy now. Thanks to everyone for the help. you guys rock!

sha

• 10 months later...
Guest idss

Hi had done a search but could only find this old post

I have just had a XDA but i need the settings for T-Mobile UK and for Orange UK

Can anyone point me to where i can get them

or a topic link

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Ian

• 1 year later...
Guest impurdyhi

For all the US T-Mobile/Smartphone users struggling to connect to the interent, try these settings, (like you haven't heard this before)... I've struggled with this issue for almost 7 months with no luck until I entered my connection settings this way:

GPRS Connections

Description: T-Zones GPRS

Connects to: The Interent

Access point: wap.voicestream.com

User name:

Password:

Primary DNS: 216.155.165.50

Secondary DNS:

IP address:

Proxy Connections

Description: T-Zones Proxy

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP Network

Proxy (name:port): 216.155.165.50:8080

Type: HTTP

User name:

Password:

Make sure that no other settings have been entered in each of the respected sections, only have T-Zones GPRS settings in the GPRS Connections section, and T-Zones Proxy in the Proxy Connections section, that's it. Apparently to many settings fouls everything up.

Also pay close attention to the Secondary DNS entry of the GPRS Connections, no it's not a mistake, and I didn't forget to enter in an address, you want to leave it BLANK, just like the User name, Password, and IP address.

Now set all the connections to Automatic. If the Work Connection or the Secure WAP Connection or both say None Available, you OK, don't worry about those two, but Internet and WAP connections should both be set to Automatic.

The last thing you will want to do is configure Internet Explorer on your Smartphone.

Go to: Internet Explorer - Menu - Options - Connections

-Make sure there is NO check mark in the box to Automatically Detect Settings.

-Select Network : WAP Network

Close Internet Explorer after you have made the last two settings adjustments and wait a couple of minutes, not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I don't think it hurts. Then open up Internet Explorer on your Smartphone and enjoy the Interent, ALL of the Interent, not just the lame ass T-Mobile T-Zones sites or whatever they call it. The only sites I haven't been able access are the sites built with frames, IE on the Mobile platform doesn't support frames, hopefully this will change soon.

In case you are wondering which phone I've used these settings on, I've successfully used a Motorola MPX 200 unlocked from the AT&T Network, and presently these settings are working on a unlocked Orange SPV/Qtek 7070 Smartphone. Strange thing about the SPV, I'm still a T-Mobile customer, obviously, and with my T-Mobile SIM card in the SPV, set to the PCS band, the phone says my service provider is Cingular... I'm able to recieve calls, place calls, my correct phone number is displayed on everyone's Caller ID, I access the Internet, and my RR Webmail email account no problem. In fact my reception is actually better than my MPX 200. I've done numerous hard resets, I had to down-grade the ROM to unlock the phone, then I reinstalled the Orange/UK ROM v1.6. I've gone through this whole procedure three times and every time the results are the same... the phones says Cingular, not T-Mobile. Strangest thing, not really sure what to make of it... any ideas, I'm open to suggestions and comments...

I.M. Purdyhi :roll:

• 8 months later...
Guest pankul

impurdyhi : you rock DUDE ! this is a great way to save

$$ as TMOBILE told me I have to subscribe to the 19.99/m plan to get full internet.

I now only have "Unlimited t-zones Unlimited t-zones for $4.99 includes unlimited Internet e-mail and Mobile Web content" from them and I can access all sites as you mention.

YOU ROCK !!

• 1 year later...
Guest j4nj1m3n3z

i have a tmobile sda here in the us and everytime i try to go on internet explorer, i get an "unable to place call" error. I've tried putting in all sorts of connection settings on these boards, including impurdyhi's settings, and its always the same. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sorry if this was answered already somewhere, but I couldnt find anything that helped.