SAP Accessories, Add-ons

Guest kroblanx

Guest kroblanx

Has anyone been to Brightpoint along Araneta Ave. lately? What accessories for the SAP are they selling and how much?

I can't seem to find a cradle from the SMART Wireless Centers that I've been to (Megamall, Greenhills, Tarlac, ...) :?:

Guest dinoalbert

Ive been to Brightpoint this morning...they dont sell any cellphones and accessories...they said they are purely for after sales "service" only

try Smart Tower in Ayala

Guest kroblanx

The other SMART (not the Wireless Center) outlet at 5th level Megamall only sells Tanager batteries. I was looking for a cradle. Where can you buy one? Is there anyone who's tried the cradle already? How is it?

Guest mapaman
The other SMART (not the Wireless Center) outlet at 5th level Megamall only sells Tanager batteries. I was looking for a cradle. Where can you buy one? Is there anyone who's tried the cradle already? How is it?

What do you need the cradle for?

imho, it's just an unnecessary expense. :lol:

Guest terrible

Smart Wireless Center in Ayala has the following SAP accessories:

1. Cradle

2. Power plug adapter - so you don't have to connect your power supply

to the USB sync cable. You can use the charger directly to your SAP.

3. Handsfree stereo headset

4. Batteries

If I were to buy accessories, I would buy them in the following order (strictly):

1. Headset

2. Power adapter

3. Battery - spare

I don't ever see the point in buying a cradle. I had a cradle for my Palm Pilot before but I looked for an ordinay sync cable (what the SAP has as standard) I could bring with me when I travel with my notebook. You should thank HTC (manufacturer) of Taiwan for that.

Instead of buying a cradle why don't you buy a USB infrared adapter so your desktop can have an Ir then you can use it for synchronization. It is so convenient. You only need to place your SAP in front with the Ir's facing each other and voila, you sync or explore. For downloading audio files though I suggest you use the USB cable.

Guest dinoalbert

I would buy the Cradle if I have extra money for it.....IMO its nice to display your Tanager (probably in my workplace for everyone to see) sitting on the cradle with the screensaver on...people would definitely stop to take a look :lol:

Guest terrible

For that purpose, I would rather buy a neck chain and hang the SAP with the screen saver on for everyone to see while walking or riding PUVs. They're everywhere, with the NOKIA brand printed, and very cheap. Will surely serve the purpose. :lol:

Guest terrible

@jabonga,

the power plug adapter is sold at P 300.00 but for an additional P 150.00 you can get the stereo headset that allows you to appreciate your phone as an audio player (Media Player).

Guest dinoalbert

IMO, the Tanager is a bit heavy on a neck chain...and ang neckchain bagay lang siguro sa mga girls hehe. And I would rather use a cradle than a neckchain when Im in my office desk. I just want to display it in my workplace, not on the streets. If Im in the streets while walking or riding PUV, I would never display my phone hanging on my neck, tago ko nalang sa pocket ko...mahirap na :lol:

Guest kroblanx

To each his own. I want the cradle for the same reasons as dinoalbert (to place on my office desk). It's not for people to see but for me to. It looks more professional when docked and not just lying around among desk clutter.

I've come across a site which has instructions for modding the cradle so that it can be powered via USB. Requires some soldering though..

The adapter seems to be a good idea when travelling. I'm buying one. Thanks for the tip.

• 3 months later...
Guest sonborj
@jabonga,

the power plug adapter is sold at P 300.00 but for an additional P 150.00 you can get the stereo headset that allows you to appreciate your phone as an audio player (Media Player).

how about the spare battery? how much?

Guest mlkanapi

I have a cradle and it does make the SAP stand proudly above the desktop clutter.

It also keeps the batteries always topped up!

Keep it running PocketCandy screensaver and it's a real eye catcher. :wink:

Guest chibako
sorry forgot to say thank you.

thanks chibako. :oops:

ur welcome pards! :D before i was thinking of buying a spare battery, tama ka mas mura pa car charger e. kaya lang, kelangan lagi mo dala kotse mo?! hehehe! :wink: ;)

sorry for the double posts guys.

ok lang, ganyan din ako dati e. next time you could just edit your post. :wink:

If you're near Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall they have this accessories:

1) battery

2) headseat/earphone

3) cradle

4) car charger

Not on the Smart Wireless Center but on their small stall in between the old building and the new one it's on the 2nd level.

Guest lonerjam

hello ore

could you tell me whats the store name and are the prices there more cheaper than in smart wireless center? i live in antipolo kasi. thanks.

1) battery

2) headseat/earphone

3) cradle

4) car charger

Not on the Smart Wireless Center but on their small stall in between the old building and the new one it's on the 2nd level.

Guest chibako

1) battery

2) headseat/earphone

3) cradle

4) car charger

That's good! last time i checked, wala sila kahit anong accessory for the SAP. They always tell me to visit their ayala branch :D tnx for the info ore! ;)