Changer Sonneries-Ringtones on SD Card

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

I know we have similar solutions, but "Robb1" on Smartphony has just released a nice looking little app for putting ringtones and SMS alerts on your storage card.

At the moment it's in French, but I've asked if an English version might be made?

Guest ricmoo2003

This is superb this is exactly what we've needed forever, it does not matter it's in french it's so easy, on the first screen just put in the path to all your ringtones in the correct format ie. Storage CardRingers or whatever and then press the Termine button, this saves the selection, it then automatically goes to the Choose ringtone page where you can select your ringtone and SMS tone......

Pure genious!!

Oh i have just noticed if you press the right softkey and press Jouer (Play i presume) you can hear your tones

Thankyou very much Robbi1

Richard

Guest MoRFLeZ

Ahh this is excellent!!!

Edited: It would be even cooler (lack of better words .. it's REALLY early) - if there were more options than just Ringtone and SMS alert!

I would love vmail alert, e-mail alert, alarm alert. Just to mention a few!!

Guest MoRFLeZ
this has to be further developed me thinks....

I agree! But it's a great start .. I've already deleted all my ringers from my phone, and I'll just have to live with ordinary ringers when I get a new voicemail!

Someone should direct the author to this thread!

Guest dinoalbert

help please.

cant make it work. I deleted the 2 ringtones from the IPSM/Sounds folder...only the tones for my ringtones and sms tone...I left the other system tones such as Error, Exclamation, Question, etc. bcause I still want to use them. Then I transferred them to my SD card (Storage CardTones)

Clicked on Changer Sonneries....but I cant find thos two tones anymore form the choices. Clicked Menu--->Parametres, set it to Storage CardTones then clicked Termine and went back to the first screen but I still cant find the tones that I wanted. I checked my folders but it is there in the Storage CardTones folder.

It seems that in the choices, it was showing only the tones found in IPSMApplication DataSounds ?

Tried softreset, nothing happens.

Or do I have to delete all the tones or the "Sounds" folder in IPSM ?

thanks....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cybercamel

Ok, just looked for this, can't find it :) Can someone point me in the right direction, or even better, have they done an English version yet?

Guest MoRFLeZ

Don't think there is an English version yet ... but once you download it, you'll see how easy it is to use, even tho it's in French!"

What we really need the programmer to do, is make more features .. like voicemail mmsalert etc etc

Is anyone in contact with the programmer!?

sonnerie.CAB

Guest NederSoren

Noffin new in this app.. We could do the same before..

BUT.. Still. this is very cool, and makes it very easy, Great Job :)

Guest MoRFLeZ
Noffin new in this app.. We could do the same before..

I know :) - but someone was asking for it cause they couldn't find it elsewhere *nudge*

Guest NederSoren

i meant.. Nothing new in placing ringtones on SD.. we could do that before this app was released.. But still.. this make it alot easyer to do it.. :)

Guest cybercamel

OK, being a real dunce here!!! :oops:

How and where do I install the files, haven't installed anything for ages and have forgotten ;)

Oh, and thanks for the download MoRFLeZ :)

Guest Thurstan

This app seems pretty easy to use etc, but I've not as yet seen the option to set different ringtones for line 2.

I'm going to email the author to ask if they can include this function in future releases, does anyone else think it would be a good addition to the software?

Guest cybercamel

Sorry I am being really thick here :oops: But I've downloaded the files to my desktop, neither of them are like a .cab file. One is a _setup.XML file and the other is sonnerie.001 file. I've tried putting them in various places on the phone, but nothing works :)

Can someone take me through step by step please?

Guest davy

cybercamel,

Download the cab from MorFLeZ's post in the 1st page of this thread.

Tried it myself and it is a .cab. It looks like a winzip file but it is actually a .cab so do not open it on your pc. Copy it straight to your SPV then run it on your SPV with a file explorer.

davy.

Guest MoRFLeZ

I've talked to the author behind the program, and he's adding more features to the program. I will direct him to this thread, so he can see what you guys want in the next update *S*

Guest NederSoren
Sorry I am being really thick here  :oops: But I've downloaded the files to my desktop, neither of them are like a .cab file. One is a _setup.XML file and the other is sonnerie.001 file. I've tried putting them in various places on the phone, but nothing works  ;)  

Can someone take me through step by step please?

Just to let you know..

Go to 'Help and Advise' and read my sticky that is named 'Is it a .zip or .cab' or something like that.. :)